Consider Atheism as a Humanitarian Endeavour

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Consider Atheism as a Humanitarian Endeavour

Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?

Atheists, by speaking out, are trying to be part of the solution, to the problems (actions) that stem from religious beliefs.

No one 'cares' what you 'believe' in.

No one should care what someone else doesn't believe in, or does believe in.

Why should anyone care?

Your beliefs are personal.

Until they manifest themselves as something towards others.

Gods apparently don't care about your individual rights.

If you think you're spirituality, moderation and tolerance of others is being 'moral' and 'ethical', towards human kind, you may need to reevaluate your beliefs, and consider rejecting religion, and becoming atheist.

Gods, and their agents, as (as Hitchens says) 'Not Great'

Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLE835UZf-M

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
This post is way to

This post is way to post-modern for me. I would like to go back to the time (not that I was there or something) of modernism. Where people knew there was one objective truth and the only way to get there is through objective methods, like science and maybe other children of philosophy.
Anyway, people have the right to their own opinions, but not to their own facts. I think they are allowed to have the God hypothesis as long as:
- it doesn't make them deny facts like evolution and other sciences that are useful.
- it doesn't interfere with the world through THEIR actions in a way that is (potentially) harmful to others and or or themselves.
- They don't push their beliefs on people who haven't the capability to make a proper evaluation of the belief an make a fitting choice (ie children).