i bat you around like a cat bats her toys you want me so bad but cant have me

first i give you some

then i not give any more and make you beg

stop think sex all time and it would be easier

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please, please, please, please, I beg you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post more pictures of hot chicks.....

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
you want to be my

you want to be my toy?

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sure, but only if you

mistreat me.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How about you post a

How about you post a personal pic so that we can see the real you.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Now that's just cruel, Sandy.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Now that's

Rich Woods wrote:

Spoil the mood, did I?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

How about a picture of some hot dudes?

If one picture is worth a thousand words... how would you explain this one???

'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Now that's

Rich Woods wrote:

Maybe, but it's overwhelmingly probable.  Isn't smashing delusions what we do around here?

And all the more probable, it seems, the longer she goes with nobody having seen her and without having posted any pictures.  Even if she did post a pic she claimed to be her, it wouldn't disprove this (she could have ripped it from anywhere).  At this point, it's more or less a matter of fact.

*Not that there's anything wrong with being a bit chubby; easily remedied by a proper diet and a little physical activity.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
i not fat you want it

i not fat

you want it blake?  i bet you dont because you just a fucking fag you cant satisfy me

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:i not

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

i not fat

Maybe a skeleton with an eating disorder, then.  Anorexia? Bulimia?  That's not good.

Usually people who go out of their ways to expound their 'hotness' for attention have some serious problems; the only question that remains is what they are.

You really should seek help.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
you want it blake?

Want what?  Herpes?  Hepatitis?

No, no I do not.  I do my best to avoid swimming in sewers, I'm not going to let all that effort go down the drain [pun] now.

Thanks for offering, though.

Seriously, you need professional help.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
you think i disease

you think i disease slut?

ha

i a virgin not some tramp who puts out

if you want fight i chop your balls off and carry them in my purse

i dont have eating disorder or anger issues so fuck off

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:i a

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

i a virgin not some tramp who puts out

Considering the frequency of your drunkenness, it's hard to believe you would know one way or the other.

But sure, maybe you're a "technical virgin" ; I've met plenty of those.  Either way, it's not hard to catch disease through any orifice.  Seeing how defensive about this you are, though, you're probably lying.

Or you're telling the truth, and you're just unf*ckable as others here have postulated, which would be consistent with your isolated binge drinking, your sexual taunting, and your facade of narcissism.

In either case, you need to get your life cleaned up and have some genuine relationships with other human beings.  You're too smart to behave like this; you really aught to know better by now.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
if you want fight i chop your balls off and carry them in my purse

I don't want to fight; it's not worth the effort.  You need professional help, though.  I hope you see that some day. 

Slutting around and getting drunk are not going to solve your emotional problems, or your body image issues.  A healthy lifestyle and sober interaction with a group of honest and emotionally supportive friends will.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
fuck you blake i dont need

fuck you blake i dont need relationship people suck and annoy me they just get in the way

i never had intercourse i not a slut ok

i go do something else now maybe if you lucky i come back to bat you around more

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You have not batted shit

You have not batted shit around until you have been on a live web cam saying the same stuff that I tell you to say live on my web cam.

Prove that you are fap worthy or you shall be assumed to be not worth a fap until proved so...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO0OEKhtks2DPiMl1F-a0XP2Lhcx8T2vrrn0h7vsd8Jt8Viy0Z

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Why do these threads from

Why do these threads from Pineapple always remind me that if I can't something nice I shouldn't say anything at all?  I know the answer... this is rhetorical.

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Why do these

Sapient wrote:

Why do these threads from Pineapple always remind me that if I can't something nice I shouldn't say anything at all?  I know the answer... this is rhetorical.

I can tell you why I don't obey that rule (if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all) ... because that, to me, is nearly the same thing as saying if you ignore a problem, it will go away - IT WON'T. In fact, problems ignored tend to get worse and cause more problems.

Sometimes, as in the case with Capt., 'nice' is not the appropriate response. She is not 'nice' in her binge-posting threads and the replies she receives are what she deserves. In these threads she is vulgar, obnoxious, offensive and combative.

She obviously has a problem and ignoring it won't make it go away... ignoring her won't help her either.

Personally, I'd like to be able to help her but, you can't help someone unless they admit to themselves they have a problem.

To simply ignore these drunken rants, to me, would be similar to turning your back on someone who is screaming out for help.

Hopefully, when she is recovering from her hangover, she will feel some remorse for her behavior and eventually see that it is not healthy and do something about it.

A healthy dose of 'tough love' is what she needs - even if the only ones who care enough to dish it out are strangers on an internet forum.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Well I wasn't going to say

Well I wasn't going to say anything about the alcohol.  I was referring to the reasons why nobody has ever seen a real picture of CaptPineapple.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:fuck you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

fuck you blake i dont need relationship people suck and annoy me they just get in the way

i never had intercourse i not a slut ok

i go do something else now maybe if you lucky i come back to bat you around more

Wow you got some issues if you associate intercourse with being a slut, then again it's starting to explain your bat crazy postings lately, maybe you just wanna be a slut, after all they say those that hate the most are just merely jealous.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Why do these

Sapient wrote:

If we lived by that rule, censoring ourselves to avoid offending anybody, RRS wouldn't exist.  Indeed, the whole Atheist movement wouldn't exist- why speak out when you can shut up instead and most people will be happier?

Sapient wrote:
Well I wasn't going to say anything about the alcohol.  I was referring to the reasons why nobody has ever seen a real picture of CaptPineapple.

If she didn't run her mouth all of the time, I doubt anybody would have said anything at all.  I don't put my photo on the internet in association with forum screen names when I can avoid it for privacy reasons, but I also don't go on about how sexy I am and how much all of the girls must want it.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.  We don't let Christians run their mouths with impunity about how awesome their Jesuses are, so why should we excuse each other from the same standards?

Like Sandy said, ignoring a problem probably won't make it go away.

Pineapple is not really different from a theist in this regard; only her god is obsessive narcissism with a compliment of foaming at the mouth misandry rather than the typical buffet of racism and homophobia.  Evidence will be required, at least, to back up the former claims of her supreme hotness. 

Nobody is buying it, and the raving assertions without evidence (particularly as it's becomming increasingly improbable) are getting annoying.

If she has body issues, that's unfortunate, but she needs to address those with real solutions instead binge drinking and overcompensating by running her mouth.  I don't think it's unreasonable to be critical of that.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:

Sandycane wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

How about a picture of some hot dudes?

If one picture is worth a thousand words... how would you explain this one???

Falcon Punch!

All I can say Is god bless the Japaneese.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I can only speak for

I can only speak for myself but I'd rather listen to the drunken ramblings of women who do put out.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Falcon

Tapey wrote:

Falcon Punch!

All I can say Is god bless the Japaneese.

Lol...is that the type of animation that gives kids epileptic fits?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know, I'll bet Capt. is

You know, I'll bet Capt. is a very polite, good natured person when she is sober... just like I am.

When I was drinking, I had the Jeckle and Hyde problem - alcohol turned me into...well...Capt. when she is on a binge.

Maybe the only problem she has is that she is 'allergic' to (that's what I call it) alcohol.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
guys, I'm sorry I was so

guys, I'm sorry I was so aggressive and came on here drunk

As for my looks, I know I'm not "super hot" or a super model like Katy or Rihanna, but I'm not a fat tub of lard either. I would rate myself as average, and I'm not posting pics as I'm not claiming to be super hot.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote: Lol...is

Sandycane wrote:

Lol...is that the type of animation that gives kids epileptic fits?

Nope its the type of animation that makes kids grow up awesome.

A punch that causes an explosion the size of a star, all in an anime about racing. How can you not be awesome after growing up on that?

Just because I can

encyclopediadramatica wrote:

A Falcon Punch can be carried out by any individual with sufficient testicular fortitude, not just Captain Falcon. It has been long-established as the safest and most effective way to abort a teen pregnancy.

What_encyclopedia_dramatica_says_about_testicular_fortitude wrote:

Possessing balls (pl.) refers to the ability of someone to do EXTREME and/or profoundly stupid shit that most people's brains would tell them not to do; said shit is usually awesome.

On a side note, visit encyclopedia dramatica at your own peril.

About your post following the quoted one, Im sure she is but I refuse to make a serious post here. But ignoring that note It seems pretty obvious why the good capt. chooses this topic over and over when making these posts. If you cannot put two and two together then you will never get four.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Sandycane wrote:You know,

Sandycane wrote:

You know, I'll bet Capt. is a very polite, good natured person when she is sober... just like I am.

I haven't seen many of her sober posts, but from what I remember, she's an accommodationist agnostic who thinks science isn't really all that important and wants us all to shut up and leave all of the religious people alone to do and believe whatever they want until they start blowing themselves up (at which point we are, at last, allowed to intervene in their sacred delusions).

That is, from what I remember, although I may be mixing her up with another poster.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

guys, I'm sorry I was so aggressive and came on here drunk

And yet you keep doing it... hmm...  I'm getting mixed messages. 

"Sorry" doesn't mean anything unless it's accompanied by restitution or in the very least evidence suggesting the act won't be repeated- quite the contrary, you'll be on here drunk next week too, doing the same thing.  If you were legitimately apologetic, you'd take measures to change your offending behavior.

So, sure, maybe you are "sorry"; but not in the sense of being apologetic so much as pathetic.  Take a moment to use what little brain you haven't drowned in booze and reconsider your habits and whether they really are in your best interest, and the best interests of those around you.

F*ck seventy times seven- I'll "forgive and forget" as soon as there's a credible reason to do so.  I don't have faith in things without evidence, and that goes doubly for you.

Talk is cheap; show us that you're apologetic by changing your behavior.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
As for my looks, I know I'm not "super hot" or a super model like Katy or Rihanna, but I'm not a fat tub of lard either. I would rate myself as average, and I'm not posting pics as I'm not claiming to be super hot.

Those girls aren't really that attractive either.

That said, though, you've proclaimed your hotness enough not to weasel out of it that easily. 

Given your self destructive and socially isolated behavior (and what's with the defensive "virginity" claims? Yeah right...), even the claim that you're average is a pretty extraordinary one.  I'm not buying it.

Whether it's morbid obesity or an unfortunate train wreck of a face, there's inevitably something seriously wrong with you to drive you into these self destructive and misanthropic binges where you claim to deplore human company and 'not need' friends.  I call bullshit- that's just sour grapes.

You need professional help.  Binging on alcohol does not qualify as help.  You are destroying yourself, both physically and emotionally.

Maybe you're one of those rare people who would have been better off not leaving religion after all...?

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:....Maybe you're

Blake wrote:

Maybe you're one of those rare people who would have been better off not leaving religion after all...?

You may not be far from the truth here.

You know, adopting an obsession with christianity or, rather substituting one crutch for another, was what helped me quit drinking. Once I was sober and healthy, I was then able to get rid of the christ crutch, too and fully begin to enjoy life.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:] I haven't

Blake wrote:
]

I haven't seen many of her sober posts, but from what I remember, she's an accommodationist agnostic who thinks science isn't really all that important and wants us all to shut up and leave all of the religious people alone to do and believe whatever they want until they start blowing themselves up (at which point we are, at last, allowed to intervene in their sacred delusions).

That is, from what I remember, although I may be mixing her up with another poster.

I'm not an accommodationist nor do I not think science is important and I don't want people to shut up and leave religious people alone. I just don't think religion will destroy the world.

Quote:

And yet you keep doing it... hmm...  I'm getting mixed messages. 

"Sorry" doesn't mean anything unless it's accompanied by restitution or in the very least evidence suggesting the act won't be repeated- quite the contrary, you'll be on here drunk next week too, doing the same thing.  If you were legitimately apologetic, you'd take measures to change your offending behavior.

So, sure, maybe you are "sorry"; but not in the sense of being apologetic so much as pathetic.  Take a moment to use what little brain you haven't drowned in booze and reconsider your habits and whether they really are in your best interest, and the best interests of those around you.

F*ck seventy times seven- I'll "forgive and forget" as soon as there's a credible reason to do so.  I don't have faith in things without evidence, and that goes doubly for you.

Talk is cheap; show us that you're apologetic by changing your behavior.

You're right about this, I'll cut back on the booze. I never used to drink before so I'm sure I can go long time without drinking.

Quote:

Those girls aren't really that attractive either.

That said, though, you've proclaimed your hotness enough not to weasel out of it that easily. 

Given your self destructive and socially isolated behavior (and what's with the defensive "virginity" claims? Yeah right...), even the claim that you're average is a pretty extraordinary one.  I'm not buying it.

Whether it's morbid obesity or an unfortunate train wreck of a face, there's inevitably something seriously wrong with you to drive you into these self destructive and misanthropic binges where you claim to deplore human company and 'not need' friends.  I call bullshit- that's just sour grapes.

You need professional help.  Binging on alcohol does not qualify as help.  You are destroying yourself, both physically and emotionally.

For the last time, I'm not posting pics and I'm not fat or ugly. I don't care if you don't believe me or what you think of me.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:  who thinks

Blake wrote:

who thinks science isn't really all that important and wants us all to shut up and leave all of the religious people alone to do and believe whatever they want until they start blowing themselves up (at which point we are, at last, allowed to intervene in their sacred delusions).

Off the subject but that sounds alot like another poster I have encountered recently.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I think Blake has been right

when he's been judgmental those times the Captain's caught the Wayward Bus. However, if she is going to get sideways and flirt/assault men argumentatively, I think it's best she does it here with us.

In any case, Blake's right, Captain. Booze is a good thing in moderation and preferably enjoyed around a big table with friends in a tuscan vineyard. When it becomes a means of escape then it's accumulatively harmful.

I suggest you read Jack Kerouac's Big Sur if you would like a fast forward of the results of long term alcohol abuse. It's a painful, true and sobering account of a capable writer's mental disintegration in real time.

As for all the other stuff, you don't need many friends - 2 or 3 is plenty. Your photo/looks are irrelevant to most of us here. I couldn't give a damn what you look like but seriously, we'd all prefer you to be well and happy.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

harleysportster wrote:

Blake wrote:

who thinks science isn't really all that important and wants us all to shut up and leave all of the religious people alone to do and believe whatever they want until they start blowing themselves up (at which point we are, at last, allowed to intervene in their sacred delusions).

Off the subject but that sounds alot like another poster I have encountered recently.

Was he a muscular, faceless man with an air of John Pilger?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:In

Atheistextremist wrote:

In any case, Blake's right, Captain. Booze is a good thing in moderation and preferably enjoyed around a big table with friends in a tuscan vineyard.

I never said it was a good thing, even in moderation :P  Alcohol is toxic and impairs judgment in any detectable amount; in that sense it is essentially immoral without strict safeguards (e.g "designated driver" to keep you safe and from hurting anybody else).  It's also empty calories, with no notable nutritional value, and a powerful diuretic.  The only thing it's really useful for is mouthwash and in small quantities in preserved foods to keep them from spoiling, and generally in sterilizing surgical utensils.  It was also generally useful before our modern era of clean and drinkable water, and before anesthetics, but those uses have since fallen by the wayside.

With regards to imbibing, I'm in the same camp as James Randi and Penn & Teller.  It's just stupid to drink that stuff; might as well be huffing spray paint (also f*cking stupid).  If you're drinking less than it takes to get a buzz, you're probably fine (although what's the point?), but if you're feeling the buzz you're damaging your brain.

I was just advocating friends in general, not for alcohol consumption but as a necessary part of a healthy emotional environment.  Friends > alcohol.  If you have social anxiety, then you need to see a licensed professional and get proper medication for it (booze is not a solution to social anxiety).

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I'm not an accommodationist nor do I not think science is important and I don't want people to shut up and leave religious people alone. I just don't think religion will destroy the world.

Yeah, sounds like that was you then.

Nobody is saying religion can "destroy the world"; give all of the nukes to Osama, and there will still be a world, even if he uses them- probably just not one we want to live in.  The planet is a pretty big chunk of rock, and it'll take a little more than our primitive human intervention to do anything about it.

However, theistic religion is a prime source of moral degradation, at its core the essence of ignorance and evil, and the greatest impediment to human moral and technological progress.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
You're right about this, I'll cut back on the booze. I never used to drink before so I'm sure I can go long time without drinking.

You could go indefinitely without drinking if you had some self respect, but you're probably addicted to it, and a large part of that addiction arises from your lack of self esteem and what appears to be severe depression.  You need professional help.

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I don't care if you don't believe me or what you think of me.

You say that, but your actions say otherwise.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:Atheistextremist

Blake wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

In any case, Blake's right, Captain. Booze is a good thing in moderation and preferably enjoyed around a big table with friends in a tuscan vineyard.

I never said it was a good thing, even in moderation :P  Alcohol is toxic and impairs judgment in any detectable amount; in that sense it is essentially immoral without strict safeguards (e.g "designated driver" to keep you safe and from hurting anybody else).  It's also empty calories, with no notable nutritional value, and a powerful diuretic.  The only thing it's really useful for is mouthwash and in small quantities in preserved foods to keep them from spoiling, and generally in sterilizing surgical utensils.  It was also generally useful before our modern era of clean and drinkable water, and before anesthetics, but those uses have since fallen by the wayside.

Sorry - Blake's right in his position of speaking out - new sentence (my opinion) Booze is good in moderation. I know what your stance is and tend to agree, given my negative proclivities to the stuff.

I find a warm meal with friends and some wine is very pleasant. Trouble is, the stuff has a momentum of its own.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I find a warm meal with friends and some wine is very pleasant. Trouble is, the stuff has a momentum of its own.

Which is generally where my argument of "what's wrong with a cran-apple juice instead?" comes in- something that doesn't have quite the same momentum of its own, as you put it.  All the advantages of deliciousness, none of the drawbacks Eye-wink

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure I would agree

I'm not sure I would agree that booze is, 'immoral poison'.  If that were the case, I'm pretty sure masturbation, reading fiction, skydiving, eating food that is not algae gruel, and a whole lot of other things would be too.

Having said that, I agree with the rest.  Captain, you need to see a good psychologist before you fuck something up and ruin your life.  I know you *do* respect science, so go do some research about empirical studies done on binge drinkers.  See if that is what you want to experience.  It will be a hell of a lot easier to master the addiction now, rather than five years from now.  Don't trust yourself to 'handle it' on your own.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I'm not sure

mellestad wrote:

I'm not sure I would agree that booze is, 'immoral poison'.  If that were the case, I'm pretty sure masturbation, reading fiction, skydiving, eating food that is not algae gruel, and a whole lot of other things would be too.

Although, you could make a pretty convincing case of alcohol being a net negative in modern society.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Blake, I'm not going to

Blake, I'm not going to argue against the "I disagree with the atheist movement therefore I hate science" or the "I call people sluts because I'm jealous" or the "I drink because of adequecy issues" or the "I have no friends"

In fact I'm not going to argue at all.  Or entertain Lucy's cardboard box.

My personal life is personal and I intend to keep it that way

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I'm not sure

mellestad wrote:

Reading fiction is done with suspension of disbelief, not belief in said fiction; judgment of reality isn't compromised.  Same with the others, in general.  Looking at the probable effects of those actions, most aren't harmful in themselves.

The point is that if one willingly f*cks oneself up without another sober person there one can trust to make sure one doesn't: A. Drive. B. Kill babies (if present or accessible). C. Drunk forum post or worse, one is taking the willing risk that one will do these thing and cause subsequent harm.  It is when one had moral judgment that one has committed the immoral act of surrendering that judgment. 

Markedly increasing the risk of causing moral harm to others (without taking measures to prevent it) for immediate 'personal gain' is, I would argue, a distinctly immoral action wherein there was any assumed morality there to begin with.

You can be a werewolf if you want, as long as you're responsible enough to lock yourself up on the full moon in a way you can't escape-- NOT doing so would be immoral, even if the actions of the werewolf itself are not under your control, the responsibility to contain those actions with forethought was.  Trip on acid, 'shrooms, or whatever- as long as you have mature supervision and you aren't destroying yourself in the process it isn't inherently immoral. 

Binging alone, though?  Profoundly irresponsible, and provided one has a shred of morality, patently immoral due to the great risk it incurs. 

She could have overdone it and killed herself, or gone out and hurt somebody else, stumbling around in the road and causing an accident, or even worse by getting behind the wheel of a car herself. 

She took that risk, and it was as bad a thing to do as loading a revolver with a single round, spinning the cylinder, pointing it at any pedestrian along the street and pulling the trigger.

Note:  I'm not endorsing LSD or psychedelic mushrooms; just saying those would not necessarily be immoral with the proper supervision (though still not necessarily legal or quite healthy)

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:My

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

But you didn't, now did you?  No, you brought it out here, made wild and often derogatory assertions, and now you're rejecting peer review and criticism.  Not surprising.

Sure, go hide from your actions; that'll make it all go away.

mellestad wrote:

Although, you could make a pretty convincing case of alcohol being a net negative in modern society.

Well, that's only an argument against advertising or public endorsement of alcohol, which increases the general public's use, but not *responsible* personal use.

It would be an argument for prohibition, though the negatives (i.e. tried that, didn't work) outweigh the positives in that one, so I wouldn't make that argument unless we had some demonstrated successful and socially practical method of implementation (for example, hypothetical shots that make people violently allergic to alcohol, without banning the product itself).

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gee aren't god complex's fun.

Gee aren't god complex's fun.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Blake,

This picture removed due to a DMCA takedown notice.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Blake,

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Blake, I'm not going to argue against the "I disagree with the atheist movement therefore I hate science" or the "I call people sluts because I'm jealous" or the "I drink because of adequecy issues" or the "I have no friends"

In fact I'm not going to argue at all.  Or entertain Lucy's cardboard box.

Of course they are, but your statements on these boards are sure up to discussion, and I still believe your statements about sluts and sex puts you in the jealous column. Your whole misconception about men, sex and interaction with women is funny and kinda sad as well, especially when you post drunk. Or your claim that your drunk.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yah

latincanuck wrote:

Or your claim that you're drunk.

Wonderered that....

Sandycane
atheist
Sandycane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

Or your claim that you're drunk.

Wonderered that....

I don't. It only happens on the weekends, she reverts back to her native dialect and she is 'sorry' the next day. It could be an act for attention but, I don't think so.

I'm not a scientific expert on alcoholism but, I am a personal expert.

From my observations, there are two main categories of drinkers, each with sub categories.

1) those who can have one or two drinks and leave it alone

2) those who have one or two drinks and don't stop until they either pass out or run out.

I see no problems for the #1 group. As some have said, an occasional drink or two is relatively harmless - some reports even say wine is actually good for you. I can't do that...wish I could because I actually like the flavor of some liquors like Amaretto, Hazelnut and Anise. One taste for me and I don't stop. So, I don't start.

Group #2 are those who are 'allergic' to alcohol, imo. Consumption of any amount is bad news. I just read an article about how some Asian people are lacking an enzyme which causes them to get red in the face which is an indication of how the alcohol negatively affects their circulatory system. This red face symptom is also an indicator that they have an extremely higher chance of getting esophageal cancer.

Native American Indians also have a natural deficiency which makes alcohol consumption for them dangerous.

I would venture to say that those who can't stop at one or two drinks also have some physical deficiency which short circuits their ability to think rationally and disconnects their common sense.

I know when I drank, I could handle 4-5 drinks/beers and be the life of the party but, the fifth or sixth (never knew which) would flip a switch in my brain and I would become a totally different personality... and not a nice one. I would actually be out on my feet - totally oblivious to what I was doing - as though possessed. Many a morning I would wake up and have zero recollection of what had happened the night before yet, those who were there would attest that I was indeed very animated and appeared to be aware of exactly what I was doing. Once that switch was flipped, there was no going back. Very embarrassing, to say the least.

Unless Capt. is faking, I think she is in the #2 category... and 'cutting back' won't work.

As Blake said, what's the point anyway when there are beverages that taste better than alcohol and are better for you?

If you (Capt.) drink to drown your sorrows, trust me, it only multiplies them.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Blake wrote:mellestad

Blake wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Reading fiction is done with suspension of disbelief, not belief in said fiction; judgment of reality isn't compromised.  Same with the others, in general.  Looking at the probable effects of those actions, most aren't harmful in themselves.

The point is that if one willingly f*cks oneself up without another sober person there one can trust to make sure one doesn't: A. Drive. B. Kill babies (if present or accessible). C. Drunk forum post or worse, one is taking the willing risk that one will do these thing and cause subsequent harm.  It is when one had moral judgment that one has committed the immoral act of surrendering that judgment. 

Markedly increasing the risk of causing moral harm to others (without taking measures to prevent it) for immediate 'personal gain' is, I would argue, a distinctly immoral action wherein there was any assumed morality there to begin with.

You can be a werewolf if you want, as long as you're responsible enough to lock yourself up on the full moon in a way you can't escape-- NOT doing so would be immoral, even if the actions of the werewolf itself are not under your control, the responsibility to contain those actions with forethought was.  Trip on acid, 'shrooms, or whatever- as long as you have mature supervision and you aren't destroying yourself in the process it isn't inherently immoral. 

Binging alone, though?  Profoundly irresponsible, and provided one has a shred of morality, patently immoral due to the great risk it incurs. 

She could have overdone it and killed herself, or gone out and hurt somebody else, stumbling around in the road and causing an accident, or even worse by getting behind the wheel of a car herself. 

She took that risk, and it was as bad a thing to do as loading a revolver with a single round, spinning the cylinder, pointing it at any pedestrian along the street and pulling the trigger.

Note:  I'm not endorsing LSD or psychedelic mushrooms; just saying those would not necessarily be immoral with the proper supervision (though still not necessarily legal or quite healthy)

I mis-understood then.  I got the impression you were saying any alcohol use was immoral.  Carry on!

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Is there any research that

Is there any research that shows minor alcohol use 'damages the brain' like you claim in on of your posts, Blake?  Things like this: http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm usually point out that long term use or very high individual doses can do damage, but I've never seen a study that showed permanent damage from a low dose.

Or are you defining 'damage' as 'impairment'?

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Thanks Sandy, that's an

Thanks Sandy, that's an interesting breakdown of the issue.

Sandycane wrote:

As some have said, an occasional drink or two is relatively harmless - some reports even say wine is actually good for you.

I would only add that those reporters are generally just looking for a story- sure, wine has some good stuff in it along with the poison, but where did those great antioxidants come from to begin with?  Grapes.

The grape juice the wine is made from is far healthier along every dimension:

http://articles.cnn.com/2000-03-31/health/wine.heart.wmd_1_grape-juice-nonalcoholic-wine-john-folts?_s=PM:HEALTH

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/15553.php

Grapes and deep purple grape juices are good for you, and strongly coloured fruits in general- never mind ruining them by letting them spoil and then drinking the [refined] toxic sludge that's left over which only barely manages to retain any of the good stuff at all (while polluting it with more bad than is worth it to get any real benefits).

It would be nice if the media was honest enough to report the whole story when the "wine is good for you" bullshit first started to surface; you'll hardly see the "oops, actually grape juice is better than wine" story get as much play.  Ah well, they have sell their stories, never mind journalistic integrity.