Raping Children: Bad, Gender Equality: Worse

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Raping Children: Bad, Gender Equality: Worse

I really no longer have the words strong enough to express my incredible contempt for this demonic institution:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/16/world/europe/16vatican.html?th&emc=th

It's no longer good enough for them to allow their leaders to f*ck little kids, now they have to institutionalize their misogyny on top of it.

Just...I have no words...

Ryan

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
"The new rules do not, for

"The new rules do not, for example, hold bishops accountable for abuse by priests on their watch, nor do they require them to report sexual abuse to civil authorities — though less formal “guidelines” issued earlier this year encourage reporting if local law compels it."

Right. So basically, nothing really changed, except to add insult to injury once again.

Just read about yet another, recent priest kiddyfucker case. Seems that even if you get caught, and by some miracle the evidence ends up with the cops, then all you need are solid connections with a catholic ultra-conservative group like Familia spiritualis Opus, for all that evidence to simply vanish in a puff of smoke.

This is going to get a lot worse before anyone even tries to fix it.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Religious morality in all its finery

Oddly, this comes as a surprise to me. I would not have expected this at all. Silly me.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trying to ordain women as

Trying to ordain women as priests is worse than raping kids. Trying to ordain women as priests is....LMAO. Hahahahahahahaha!

I find this really funny for some reason.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vatican-ordained Surprise:

Vatican-ordained Surprise: Women are being done a favor! (Can't they just join an abbey if they want something like that?)

edit; on a serious note -can anyone here say that they are.... shocked that such a religious institution with such a brutal, genocidal past would NOT stomp it's foot down on it's own members in one day, pedophile or otherwise?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)