oldie but goodie

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
oldie but goodie

i know this aired about four years ago but i just stumbled onto it today on youtube and watched it again.  i don't think a former president was ever so candid and i love how that little prick chris wallace keeps trying to deflect him after he realizes he's opened pandora's box.  this was during the height of bush-era bullshit, and while i definitely don't approve of all of clinton's policies, i remember all us sane people back in '06 were looking for someone to set the record straight on the republican party's rewriting of history, which was in full swing at the time.  we couldn't have been more gratified when it came from the man himself.

i recall going to my buddy's place the day after this aired, downloading it, and downing beers as we watched it, cheering like madmen.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 OK, fox needs to get bitch

OK, fox needs to get bitch slapped.  This much is a given.  The thing about that clip is that the Fox guy was a total sub.  And yes, we all know that Bill Clinton is a top.

Seriously, that was like George Foreman beating the crap out of Milton the pharmacist.  It just was not a fair fight.

Can we get Clinton to go one on one with Sean Hannity?  Probably not but if it ever did happen, that would be far more entertaining.  It simply would not matter if there was a clear winner and loser in that case.  The whole blow by blow would be the deal.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Seriously, that was like George Foreman beating the crap out of Milton the pharmacist.  It just was not a fair fight.

yeah, but in the timeless words of ace ventura, "don't start what you can't finish."

i mean, clinton came there to talk about his foundation and it was fox news that requested they be able to put him on the spot about something else.  i'm sure bill would've been happiest just talking about his foundation.  clearly he came prepared for bullshit--it is fox news, after all--but he wasn't the first to draw.

btw, there's no comparison here between clinton and hannity.  hannity is a blowhard who uses partisan rhetoric.  clinton is using nothing here but cold, hard facts.  imo, bubba would've mopped the floor with hannity, o'reilly, coulter, beck or any of them just as easily as he did wallace.  well, maybe not o'reilly because that fuckin' coke-fiend would've cut his mic after about 2 minutes of that kind of punishment.  you think clinton would be the one avoiding the pundits?  fuck no.  they'd never have the balls to invite clinton.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Never watched that before,

Never watched that before, neat stuff.

I enjoy listening to people like that really open up, the media on both sides is full of so much crap you don't get to see it very often.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Answers in Gene

iwbiek wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

yeah, but in the timeless words of ace ventura, "don't start what you can't finish."

i mean, clinton came there to talk about his foundation and it was fox news that requested they be able to put him on the spot about something else.  i'm sure bill would've been happiest just talking about his foundation.  clearly he came prepared for bullshit--it is fox news, after all--but he wasn't the first to draw.

btw, there's no comparison here between clinton and hannity.  hannity is a blowhard who uses partisan rhetoric.  clinton is using nothing here but cold, hard facts.  imo, bubba would've mopped the floor with hannity, o'reilly, coulter, beck or any of them just as easily as he did wallace.  well, maybe not o'reilly because that fuckin' coke-fiend would've cut his mic after about 2 minutes of that kind of punishment.  you think clinton would be the one avoiding the pundits?  fuck no.  they'd never have the balls to invite clinton.

Yea, they wouldn't have let him talk.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.