X Muslim checking in (Trinidad/Toronto/Ohio)

zeeshan66
User is offlineOffline
X Muslim checking in (Trinidad/Toronto/Ohio)

Boy o boy where do I start. I have recently came to terms with my realization of what religion really is. I found this site through anti-religious quotes. Never really had the nerve to admit to myself what I've known all along. I was born and raised a muslim. Family isn't entirely religious my father is a PhD holder who has no interest in it while my mother a programmer always felt the need to keep the family involved in the religion...perhaps because my grandfather is an Imam (Islam priest). 

I look forward to seeing what I can learn and share with you all

cheers for no longer living in fear of the non-existent. 

zee

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mothers are like that,

Mothers are like that, unfortunately. All too often, they try to teach kids about the 'sacred stuff' in life... without actually listening to said kids.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Zee

I had a similar experience with the forced consumption of jesus. This is a good place to talk about issues and their are plenty of de-converted to commiserate with.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forum.

zeeshan66 wrote:
 while my mother a programmer always felt the need to keep the family involved in the religion...perhaps because my grandfather is an Imam (Islam priest).

Hmmm, does she actually believe in Allah and other claims made by Islam or is it more like a culture thing?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the party!

Hey, welcome, and congratulations to you for seeing though the bullshit. I'm always happy to get insight into the workings of a religious mind from people raised with religion as I was not.  Now, with that said, I hope to see you in the conversations!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
FATWA! FATWA!You can't leave

FATWA! FATWA!

You can't leave club Allah. DUDE MAN, I can't believe you, you get all those women and rivers of milk and wine in heaven.  Who cares if it is fictional......If it sounds good, go with it. Jews and Christians do it too.

That is my silly way of saying, WELCOME!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hijacking Zee's welcome

thread might be inappropriate but some one out there tell me how is it that you can't drink or perve on girls in islam until you die? How can you hate something in life you're secretly gagging for in death without being a massive hypocrite?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

thread might be inappropriate but some one out there tell me how is it that you can't drink or perve on girls in islam until you die? How can you hate something in life you're secretly gagging for in death without being a massive hypocrite?

If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to pick a religion, at least with Islam you get pussy in the after life. All you get in Christianity is the ability to kiss daddy's ass for eternity. At least Allah promises you nookie. But what do gay Muslims get?

That being said, take your pick, what neither club wants to face is that they both believe in a magical invisible disembodied brain floating out in the cosmos everywhere and nowhere at the same time, with the ability to manipulate every atom and quark in the universe at the same time and has a magical super villain with a pitchfork magically manipulating the thoughts in our heads making us do bad things.

As Christopher Hitchens puts it, "The parties of god"

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY.......OOPS......FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY.......AT DIVINE STADIUM.....IT'S THE DEITY DEATH CAGE SMACKDOWN

IN THIS CORNER......IT'S THE FATWA FANATIC!

IN THE OTHER CORNER... IT'S THE ZOMBIE GOD ZAMBONI!(Why not? Just as meaningless as what they believe)

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:But what do

Brian37 wrote:
But what do gay Muslims get?

They get to pretend to be one of the virgins.

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Zee. Despite your

Welcome, Zee. Despite your relatively reasonable family, I think you deserve more congrats than those of us who grew up with Christianity; Islam seems like it'd be much, much more difficult to break free from.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
smartypants wrote:Brian37

smartypants wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
But what do gay Muslims get?

They get to pretend to be one of the virgins.

Would that be a sphincter fatwa?

Come on now, lets give both their clubs credit, they both condemn homosexuality based on ancient bullshit. If God didn't like gays that much he should have made their dicks go limp when attempting backdoor action.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
That might be ok if your alloted martyr

Was a hottie but but what if nottie? What if he was a giant, sweat-soaked hulk who drove a subaru wrx with a 4-inch muffler and a sound system that sounded like the voice of marshall stack god? And another thing - what do muslim women get in paradise? It sounds to me like most of them would not want to be involved in the sort of celestial mass orgy that multiple virgins and a river of wine are likely to invoke. Don't muslim girls get jealous?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheistextremist wrote: Was

Atheistextremist wrote:

Was a hottie but but what if nottie? What if he was a giant, sweat-soaked hulk who drove a subaru wrx with a 4-inch muffler and a sound system that sounded like the voice of marshall stack god? And another thing - what do muslim women get in paradise? It sounds to me like most of them would not want to be involved in the sort of celestial mass orgy that multiple virgins and a river of wine are likely to invoke. Don't muslim girls get jealous?

What do Muslim women get? Well, since they are just property and servants to men, they get to serve us. What modern educated women wouldn't want to be submissive? Sounds completely hunky dory to me.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.