Jesus helps with ironing

Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Jesus helps with ironing

Face of Jesus Christ spotted on iron

Jesus Iron

Holy smoke ... is this the face of Jesus?

A WOMAN reckons she has a divine iron after spotting the face of Jesus Christ burned into the heating element.

Mary Jo Coady, of Methuen, Massachusetts, US, says the resemblance reassured her that "life is going to be good".

The 44-year-old Catholic, who noticed the image while doing a load, added it proves "he's listening".

Mrs Coady said she won't be using the divine iron any more and plans to buy a new one.

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
Posts: 61
Joined: 2009-12-01
User is offlineOffline
Jesus and cow poop

We humans like to see faces in everything. I saw the face of jesus on a cow pie once, I suppose that was a sign from god that it is all bull shit.

 


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
yet another example of why

yet another example of why eugenics would be a good thing...


Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
Posts: 2479
Joined: 2006-03-19
User is offlineOffline
I see Jesus in the scratch

I see Jesus in the scratch marks on the bottom of my shoe. I grind Jesus' face into the pavement everyday as I go to work.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!


Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
Posts: 237
Joined: 2009-11-19
User is offlineOffline
I don't see a face there.

I don't see a face there. (I've never been very good at pareidolia, it's probably related to my Asperger's syndrome.)

However, I can say with some certainty that she irons too hot and has a lot of clothes with polyester and nylon in their weave.

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!


Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliateSilver Member
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
Posts: 1388
Joined: 2007-03-29
User is offlineOffline
What? Is she nuts?It is

What? Is she nuts?

It is clearly: Weird Al !

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
I only have one question...

I only have one question... how do we know what jesus looks like?


GypsyWytch
GypsyWytch's picture
Posts: 47
Joined: 2007-07-12
User is offlineOffline
I dunno.  I think it looks

I dunno.  I think it looks more like the Mona Lisa than Jesus.


ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
Posts: 419
Joined: 2007-10-18
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

What? Is she nuts?

It is clearly: Weird Al !

I was trying to pick who it reminded me of!!! You are right!

It is a sign that Weird Al is watching over us and parodying us.

All of life is a parody

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
I'm no iron technician

 

But that looks more like rust than a burn mark to me.

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

I'm informed that the brain always looks for patterns. That would lead a religiously inclined brain to see jesus or mohammed or rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

 

From that burn mark on the iron I see a hot chick carrying two bottles of merlot to my hot tub.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3719
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
It's obviously Michael

It's obviously Michael Jackson.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Parallel
Parallel's picture
Posts: 72
Joined: 2009-10-26
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:It's

butterbattle wrote:

It's obviously Michael Jackson.

He's giving us his blessing.


Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
Posts: 237
Joined: 2009-11-19
User is offlineOffline
Parallel wrote:butterbattle

Parallel wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

It's obviously Michael Jackson.

He's giving us his blessing.

That, or he was hoping she ironed "Underoos".

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
Deadly Fingergun wrote:That,

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

That, or he was hoping she ironed "Underoos".

She is an adult woman. I don't think that Michael Jackson would be too interested in her panties. Maybe she has a young ill son that Michael's spirit takes a fancy to.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
You're all wrong. The guy is

You're all wrong. The guy is clearly balding. I just can't think of who would fit long hair and bald spot...

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
this guy? 

this guy?

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
That works.

That works. Laughing out loud

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
That guy is perfect

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: But

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

 

Looks more K9 to me... wolf at best, coyote at worst

What Would Kharn Do?


ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
Posts: 2265
Joined: 2009-03-26
User is offlineOffline
:o

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

 

Looks more K9 to me... wolf at best, coyote at worst

 

Hair is everywhere but the top of his head.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Lol

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

 

Looks more K9 to me... wolf at best, coyote at worst

 

Yeah - it's too thick for deer, isn't it?

I'm only familiar with kangaroo and cow skins here.

The poor creature/s he's snuggled up in were fluffy....

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


GodlessMonk
atheist
GodlessMonk's picture
Posts: 58
Joined: 2009-11-23
User is offlineOffline
Maybe.

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

 

 

I think I see the face of Davy Crockett in it...

Is he watching over us?

"The general opinion is not always the perfect truth..."
- Giordano Bruno


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Damn.  And I need to do

Damn.  And I need to do laundry today.  I =knew= there was a reason I shouldn't have given Jesus up for Lent.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:The Doomed

ClockCat wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

 

But what's he wearing - is that a deerskin coat?

 

Looks more K9 to me... wolf at best, coyote at worst

 

Hair is everywhere but the top of his head.

Funny isn't it? Even his cloths have hair...... I think he is over compensating

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


MrPal
Superfan
MrPal's picture
Posts: 67
Joined: 2009-11-30
User is offlineOffline
 I'm surprised nobody has

 I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that, if history repeats itself, she's going to sell it on ebay for fifty grand.

I never thought there were corners in my mind until I was told to stand in one.

I have learned so much, thanks for keeping it real RRS.


Deadly Fingergun
atheist
Deadly Fingergun's picture
Posts: 237
Joined: 2009-11-19
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:Damn. 

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Damn.  And I need to do laundry today.  I =knew= there was a reason I shouldn't have given Jesus up for Lent.
At least it wasn't the dryer, because she'd have been forced to give up lint for Jesus. </rimshot>


 

Big E wrote:
Clown
Why, yes, I am!


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5102
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Sadly this is probably true.

MrPal wrote:

 I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that, if history repeats itself, she's going to sell it on ebay for fifty grand.

 

But I totally understand the fixation. Secretly, even the christians are desperate to see hard evidence that Mrs christ once smacked jesus in the face with an iron

when he came home reeking from the nazarene carpenter's passover pageant.

 

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


dingusdangus
Troll
dingusdangus's picture
Posts: 121
Joined: 2009-12-10
User is offlineOffline
It's definitely Jesus...........................................

what else could it be?


Rationale
Posts: 12
Joined: 2009-08-04
User is offlineOffline
dingusdangus wrote:what else

dingusdangus wrote:

what else could it be?

 

A Predator? Kinda looks like one to me.

 

 


Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
Posts: 170
Joined: 2009-11-15
User is offlineOffline
Deadly Fingergun

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Damn.  And I need to do laundry today.  I =knew= there was a reason I shouldn't have given Jesus up for Lent.
At least it wasn't the dryer, because she'd have been forced to give up lint for Jesus. </rimshot>


 

 

 

That was just painful.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
I see this guy:  Or this

I see this guy:

 

 

Or this guy:

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
Posts: 1253
Joined: 2007-06-02
User is offlineOffline
Deadly Fingergun

Deadly Fingergun wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:
Damn.  And I need to do laundry today.  I =knew= there was a reason I shouldn't have given Jesus up for Lent.
At least it wasn't the dryer, because she'd have been forced to give up lint for Jesus. </rimshot>

Heh.  I like to tell Christians that I gave up Jesus for Lent.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."