Can anything be done about annoying ads?

Luciano
Luciano's picture
User is offlineOffline
Can anything be done about annoying ads?

Dear fellow unbelievers,

I have noticed in recent days -- don't have a specific recollection from my earlier frequentations of the site (early in the year) -- that each time I open any page in here, I'm met by annoying Christian propaganda ads. This at the top. On the side I get some Italian-language commercial ads, which are sort of normally ad personam-targeted ads, like everywhere on the web.

I'm asking about the Christian ads, because it would seem that they are specifically targeted at the RRS, and while I'm unlikely to be converted by them, I think it might have some discouraging effect on people who are sort of trying to find their way toward rationality and free thought. And it would appear as some kind of attempt to twart the logic of the contents in here. I would expect that in the US nobody can actually violate the constitutional right to free speech of unbelievers to talk among themselves without any intervention by some kind of thought police. Can anything be done about this?

Fraternally,

Luciano Dondero

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back

This question has come up meny times before the answers are very simple to understand once you've read them.try this link.

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/18021

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firefox with the

Firefox with the “noscript” and “adblock” extensions kill them for me. Mind you though, it is not the case that the owner of the site feels that he needs to inflict such ads on us, rather it is the server that provides the ads that is doing the job.

Pretty much it is all about how AI is full of fail sauce.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Luciano
Luciano's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you, and sorry for being distract

Thank you, and sorry for being distract.

I understand now, I concur with the suggestion that this explanation about these targeted-theistic ads should be put up front in the site.

Let's see if firefox no-ads works...

Ciao,

Luciano