is the rrs dead? [trollville]

skywolf
skywolf's picture
Posts: 67
Joined: 2008-01-16
User is offlineOffline
is the rrs dead? [trollville]

this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edited

accuses the rrs of being dead.  Forget the stupid clams about kelly and rook and brian.  the claim i am interested in is about the interwebs death of the rrs.  now Its's been awhile since i have posted but i have doubts.

mohammed is mr poopy pants allah is a cootie queen and islam is a lint licker
http://seekerblog.com/wp-content/uploads/_blogger_5932_1957_1600_religion_of_peace_1-1.jpg


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Depends on how you define

Depends on how you define "dead"

 

 

People are most certaintly still posting here,

 

As I post this the numbers are

Quote:

There are currently 31 users and 142 guests online.
     These are typical results for any given time of day. I don't know about the total per day or month, but I certaintly wouldn't call it "a hit website"   

 

 

That said, it's obvously not as active as other forums.

 

 

 

 


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 [/Looks around]I'm pretty

 [/Looks around]

I'm pretty sure I'm still here.  Is this thing on?

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3711
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
The RRS is not as active as

The RRS is not as active as some other forums, but I enjoy my time here. I rarely post anywhere else. I like the feel and layout of this forum, and I like the other posters. It feels like home.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
Posts: 1758
Joined: 2008-01-13
User is offlineOffline
I guess the RRS is "dead" in

I guess the RRS is "dead" in as much as there's no longer an active presence on YouTube, nor are there any active projects like the blasphemy challenge going on. That was a rare opportunity they took, getting those DVDs of Brian Flemming's into the hands of all those kiddos. National attention! Woohoo!

It's hard to keep that kind of ball rolling, though. It led to a few more good things, notably the debate with banana-man and blunder-boy.

But, dead as in never to return? I've seen nothing to suggest that. Could be another opportunity in the future, you never know.

 

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
It looks like RRS is still

It looks like RRS is still alive and well. People come people go. 

As the Cpt said there are typically around 30 members and 150 or so guests on-line at any given time. As I post this I see there are 30 members and 125 guests at 2:27 AM EDT.

Dead is when the website is gone, it's not gone. It's a fun place to visit and it does have impact. Even affecting one person at a time is progress and there have been several that have come back here recently telling us how the RRS helped them to become rational and give up their god-beliefs.

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
skywolf wrote:this

skywolf wrote:

this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DjyQVUMf00

accuses the rrs of being dead.  Forget the stupid clams about kelly and rook and brian.  the claim i am interested in is about the interwebs death of the rrs.  now Its's been awhile since i have posted but i have doubts.

 

The RRS as a group is clearly dead. Kelly is hooking, Sapient is in hiding or something after being beat down by greydon square, and Rook has disavowed himself from the RRS.  Of course, the truth hurts, and ironically for people who frown upon self delusion, you really hate to hear the blunt reality of the matter here. In fact, nothing I said is false, or innacurate. It's just bluntly put, yet totally factual. It's comparable to a theist getting pissed when you tell him there's likely no god(s) in existence. I fully expect moderators to edit my post, because they were offended by reality and would rather live in self delusion. If free speech is valued on this forum, any self respecting admin would allow this kind of dissenting speech. I've seen other posts get deleted, and accounts banned over this sort of thing, so let me just say that I expect the worst. If not, congrats, you don't suck at life as much.

 

At any rate, the RRS is definitely dead, despite the fact that the forums exist and are occasionally posted on. The truth sucks.

 

-edit-

 

Why don't we create a group dedicated to those who disbelieve in Santa next? Belief in santa is a mental disorder! The vast majority of children have mental disorders!

 

-edit 2-

 

You should know that proof has been posted in regards to Kelly's (Kasey/Kacey Grant) legal prostitution and pornography in the form of url's but the mods always either remove the links, the post, or the account. I guess they hate evidence too! The irony is fucking unbearable!

 

lol.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
that's almost three years

that's almost three years with an account.

 

 

 


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Proof that I am not just a

Proof that I am not just a random troll.

 

 

I am just being brutally honest.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Dude, your post is not

 Dude, your post is not edited, nor is it deleted.  We are not removing all mention of Kelly.  We are removing drive-by troll posts by people who are only interested in starting shit.  If you want to know what Kelly's doing with her life, do a google search.  Nobody's stopping you, and nobody here is denying anything.  We're just not talking about it because who fucking cares.

The occupation of posters on this forum has nothing to do with anything related to religion, rationality, or critical thinking.  There are plenty of boards available if you'd like to discuss Kelly, Brian, or Rook, or me for that matter.  Feel free.  We're just not interested in discussing it here.  If you'd like to talk about theism, atheism, science, or something else, let's talk about that instead.

 

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Dude,

Hambydammit wrote:

 Dude, your post is not edited, nor is it deleted.  We are not removing all mention of Kelly.  We are removing drive-by troll posts by people who are only interested in starting shit.  If you want to know what Kelly's doing with her life, do a google search.  Nobody's stopping you, and nobody here is denying anything.  We're just not talking about it because who fucking cares.

The occupation of posters on this forum has nothing to do with anything related to religion, rationality, or critical thinking.  There are plenty of boards available if you'd like to discuss Kelly, Brian, or Rook, or me for that matter.  Feel free.  We're just not interested in discussing it here.  If you'd like to talk about theism, atheism, science, or something else, let's talk about that instead.

 

 

 

Enough people are interested in the topic to bring it up. How is it not relevent to discuss the founders of this entire website and forum? Why would you rather just ignore reality and talk about something else? That there's theist speak.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
darkreign wrote:  At any

darkreign wrote:

 

 At any rate, the RRS is definitely dead, despite the fact that the forums exist and are occasionally posted on. The truth sucks.

You had an account for nearly 3 years and your first 2 posts are tonight.

Excuse me if I don't care about your opinion since you have contributed so much in the way of content to the RRS,

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Since when was reality

Since when was reality contingent upon someone's "contributions" to a cause you support?

 

I've donated to IG's site in the past, and that's the only reason I heard about the RRS many years ago. I made an account here but decided that I'd just keep posting on the IG forums instead.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
darkreign wrote: Enough

darkreign wrote:

 

Enough people are interested in the topic to bring it up. How is it not relevent to discuss the founders of this entire website and forum? Why would you rather just ignore reality and talk about something else? That there's theist speak.

 

 

My gripes with the RRS have nothing to do with their personal lives.

 

 

 

 

 


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
 So suddenly your

 So suddenly Darkreign your interested in posting regarding the founders personal lives. Why? Who cares WTF they do or don't.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Enough people are

 

Quote:
Enough people are interested in the topic to bring it up. How is it not relevent to discuss the founders of this entire website and forum? Why would you rather just ignore reality and talk about something else? That there's theist speak.

This isn't a gossip forum.  There are gossip forums all over the internet.  Talk about it there.  The currently active core members and the mod team still, as always, have the right to decide what we talk about and what we don't.  We've decided that what Kelly or Rook are doing with their lives right now doesn't have anything to do with whether or not theism is irrational.  So, we don't feel it's appropriate to the forums.  Last I checked, there isn't a forum called, "Talk shit about past contributors/members."

If you feel it's important, discuss it on your personal website, or on one of the boards that's changing the world by trashing RRS.  Nobody here cares.

 

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

 So suddenly Darkreign your interested in posting regarding the founders personal lives. Why? Who cares WTF they do or don't.

 

I don't care, but the question was whether or not the RRS was dead, and it clearly is.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
darkreign wrote:I don't

darkreign wrote:

I don't care, but the question was whether or not the RRS was dead, and it clearly is.

Fine, think what you'd like.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:I don't care, but

 

Quote:
I don't care, but the question was whether or not the RRS was dead, and it clearly is.

Ok, fine.  It's dead.  Have a nice day.

Run along now and tell everybody some juicy gossip about us, ok?  Don't spare any details.  Fucking juvenile.

 

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
I'm glad that I've gotten

I'm glad that I've gotten you to see reality for what it is. Mission accomplished.


Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
Posts: 8657
Joined: 2006-10-22
User is offlineOffline
 Yeah, wow dude.  Now

 Yeah, wow dude.  Now everytime I post here, I'll think about how empty my life is.  Get a life.

 

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
   

 

 

 


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Yeah,

Hambydammit wrote:

 Yeah, wow dude.  Now everytime I post here, I'll think about how empty my life is.  Get a life.

 

 

I'm sorry that I've taken time out of my day to show you why your beliefs are mistaken and mine are right. I'm sure this must be an entirely new concept to you, and you yourself would never engage in such behavior.

 

I'm just responding to the irrational!


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
You took time out of your

You took time out of your day to write disparaging things about people you don't know, so that other people you don't know can stop posting on an internet forum that you don't post on? Somehow I suspect that what you normally do isn't very satisfying.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:You took time

Gauche wrote:

You took time out of your day to write disparaging things about people you don't know, so that other people you don't know can stop posting on an internet forum that you don't post on? Somehow I suspect that what you normally do isn't very satisfying.

 

Continue posting on the forum, by all means. I just resonded to a thread topic that asked whether or not the RRS was dead, and rather than admit you're wrong, you attack me in the same way theists attack you guys when you do the exact same thing I am doing right now.

 

 


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
What am I wrong about

What am I wrong about exactly? I don't care about the people who started this website. They can all live forever or die right at this moment. It makes no difference to me. I'm only pointing out the truth about you as I see it, just as you're pointing out the truth about this website's creators as you see it. What you're doing reveals more about you than it does about anyone else.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:What am I wrong

Gauche wrote:

What am I wrong about exactly? I don't care about the people who started this website. They can all live forever or die right at this moment. It makes no difference to me. I'm only pointing out the truth about you as I see it, just as you're pointing out the truth about this website's creators as you see it. What you're doing reveals more about you than it does about anyone else.

 

RRS is dead.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Well, thanks for taking time

Well, thanks for taking time out of your day I guess. I suppose now that your good deed is done you can get back to being tea-bagged by bikers.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


darkreign
Posts: 11
Joined: 2006-08-31
User is offlineOffline
[deleted - shelleymtjoy]

[deleted - shelleymtjoy]


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
/facepalm  .... who didnt

/facepalm

 

 

.... who didnt see that coming?


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
darkreign wrote:RRS is

darkreign wrote:

RRS is dead.

It's only a Jesus kind of dead. It can rise again in 3 days.


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
darkreign wrote:RRS is

darkreign wrote:

RRS is dead.

Netcraft proves it.


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Dude,

Hambydammit wrote:

 Dude, your post is not edited, nor is it deleted.  We are not removing all mention of Kelly.  We are removing drive-by troll posts by people who are only interested in starting shit.  If you want to know what Kelly's doing with her life, do a google search.  Nobody's stopping you, and nobody here is denying anything.  We're just not talking about it because who fucking cares.

So, is any post asking about the whereabouts of Kelly, if she really is a hooker a drive by troll post? And excluding this one has the RRS banned accounts and deleted post that do bring up these questions? Will you put your reputation on the line for this one?


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

 

Quote:
Enough people are interested in the topic to bring it up. How is it not relevant to discuss the founders of this entire website and forum? Why would you rather just ignore reality and talk about something else? That there's theist speak.

This isn't a gossip forum.  There are gossip forums all over the Internet.  Talk about it there.  The currently active core members and the mod team still, as always, have the right to decide what we talk about and what we don't.  We've decided that what Kelly or Rook are doing with their lives right now doesn't have anything to do with whether or not theism is irrational.  So, we don't feel it's appropriate to the forums.  Last I checked, there isn't a forum called, "Talk shit about past contributors/members."

So your saying scandals involving or questionable engagements of prominent Christians are not permissible topics on this forum? Ted Haggard, drugs, and the gay prostitute are not permissible discussions? If Kirk Cameron decided to join chip n dales, or had an affair these are not permissible topics of discussions? Or is their a double standard here, that grants individuals the ability to question prominent figures of the Christian movement, but not the evangelizing atheist one?

Secondly, in an intellectually fair forum, the topic wouldn't just be if theism is irrational or not, but if its inverse is also "irrational or not", if atheism is "bad" or "not", if it has a positive affect on the lives of people or not. The lives of prominent atheist, are fair topics of discussion, the crumbling of the christian right, with the election of Obama is a fair topic of discussion, the crumbling of the RRS with Kelly's departure and what she chose to do with her life over this, and Rook, are fair topics of discussion. 

You may in your delusional fanboyism fail to see this, and might feel the need to "protect" the RRS out of blind loyalty rather than reason. 

Now, I personally don't think the RRS is dead, I think they're in a ditch with the recent shakeup, but I'm sure they'll be back on their feet again. Rook and Kelly where the forums two most popular and well known figures, and no one yet here has risen to take up their seats of former prominence. It's trouble for the mythicist position, in that there is no longer anyone as well versed and as capable as Rook to argue in defense of it here. And what does it mean for the importance of a cause, when one of it's main leaders prefers to give head to old dudes for money, rather than fight for it? 

When you and other fanboy mods prefer to censor such discussions, it only looks poor on yourselves and  on this forum and on your defense of rational discussions. The pursuit of truth here looks flaky. It's no different than fundamentalist church's that don't allow their members to question and wonder within the confines of their church, and forbidding encounters with opposing views.

Eventually questions get asked, and people begin to wonder. Left in the internet world, outside of this forums ability to confront scuttlebutt, it only gets uglier. Reputations get butchered when they don't need to. 

Don't let that desire for fanboyism to prevail, kill you. 

Let's see if I get banned or if this post gets edited by the invisible hand. 


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
So let me see if I

So let me see if I understand this correctly:

 

There is some chick who is hooking under the name of Casey Grant. For an extra $50 I can stick it in her pooper. It would probably cost me about $300 in airfare to get to where I can pay her for this service.

 

How this relates to this web site is still not clear.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat wrote:So

theacrobat wrote:
So your saying scandals involving or questionable engagements of prominent Christians are not permissible topics on this forum? Ted Haggard, drugs, and the gay prostitute are not permissible discussions? If Kirk Cameron decided to join chip n dales, or had an affair these are not permissible topics of discussions? Or is their a double standard here, that grants individuals the ability to question prominent figures of the Christian movement, but not the evangelizing atheist one?

 

OK, that arrived while I was working on my last post. Even so, If I want to pay some hot chick to let me stick it where she poops, I certainly don't have to do more that go a couple of miles from where I live. Personally, I find the idea of airfare to be more relevant than whether I can fuck a hooker in the ass.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

So let me see if I understand this correctly:

 

There is some chick who is hooking under the name of Casey Grant. For an extra $50 I can stick it in her pooper. It would probably cost me about $300 in airfare to get to where I can pay her for this service.

 

Uhm...why do you refer to her as "some chick" why don't you just simply state the obvious, that that it's not some random chick, but Kelly, one of the founding members of the RRS? 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat wrote:Hambydammit

theacrobat wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

 

Quote:
Enough people are interested in the topic to bring it up. How is it not relevant to discuss the founders of this entire website and forum? Why would you rather just ignore reality and talk about something else? That there's theist speak.

This isn't a gossip forum.  There are gossip forums all over the Internet.  Talk about it there.  The currently active core members and the mod team still, as always, have the right to decide what we talk about and what we don't.  We've decided that what Kelly or Rook are doing with their lives right now doesn't have anything to do with whether or not theism is irrational.  So, we don't feel it's appropriate to the forums.  Last I checked, there isn't a forum called, "Talk shit about past contributors/members."

So your saying scandals involving or questionable engagements of prominent Christians are not permissible topics on this forum? Ted Haggard, drugs, and the gay prostitute are not permissible discussions? If Kirk Cameron decided to join chip n dales, or had an affair these are not permissible topics of discussions? Or is their a double standard here, that grants individuals the ability to question prominent figures of the Christian movement, but not the evangelizing atheist one?

Secondly, in an intellectually fair forum, the topic wouldn't just be if theism is irrational or not, but if its inverse is also "irrational or not", if atheism is "bad" or "not", if it has a positive affect on the lives of people or not. The lives of prominent atheist, are fair topics of discussion, the crumbling of the christian right, with the election of Obama is a fair topic of discussion, the crumbling of the RRS with Kelly's departure and what she chose to do with her life over this, and Rook, are fair topics of discussion. 

You may in your delusional fanboyism fail to see this, and might feel the need to "protect" the RRS out of blind loyalty rather than reason. 

Now, I personally don't think the RRS is dead, I think they're in a ditch with the recent shakeup, but I'm sure they'll be back on their feet again. Rook and Kelly where the forums two most popular and well known figures, and no one yet here has risen to take up their seats of former prominence. It's trouble for the mythicist position, in that there is no longer anyone as well versed and as capable as Rook to argue in defense of it here. And what does it mean for the importance of a cause, when one of it's main leaders prefers to give head to old dudes for money, rather than fight for it? 

When you and other fanboy mods prefer to censor such discussions, it only looks poor on yourselves and  on this forum and on your defense of rational discussions. The pursuit of truth here looks flaky. It's no different than fundamentalist church's that don't allow their members to question and wonder within the confines of their church, and forbidding encounters with opposing views.

Eventually questions get asked, and people begin to wonder. Left in the internet world, outside of this forums ability to confront scuttlebutt, it only gets uglier. Reputations get butchered when they don't need to. 

Don't let that desire for fanboyism to prevail, kill you. 

Let's see if I get banned or if this post gets edited by the invisible hand. 

The reason Haggard's situation became a scandal is because he preached against homosexuality while practicing it.

The RRS has practiced no such hypocrisy - they've just moved on with their lives. See the difference yet?

The only problem I see is people trying to create scandal where there is none so they can say "Look! It's a scandal!".

Please stop.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat

theacrobat wrote:
Uhm...why do you refer to her as "some chick" why don't you just simply state the obvious, that that it's not some random chick, but Kelly, one of the founding members of the RRS?

 

Because it is really not relevant whether Kasey and Kelly are the same chick. What matters most is whether I can stick it up her ass. How that relates to this web site is a very different question and is your job to prove.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
 Is RRS dead? No the

 Is RRS dead? No the website is still here. Is it inactive atm yes. wow thats news.... Will they come back? maybe who knows. Is kelly a hooker? I don't know if she is thats awesome if not im kinda bummed, its not really news though people have to make money and if that is how she choses to do it why should I care, I dont go writing about people being plumbers, a job is a job where is the problem? Did brain get punch in the face? who knows? We have all done things whitch the response really should be a punch in the face, im sure you have gotten into a fight before not news. And about rook people leave wow the rrs is inactive atm what use is there in being in a inactive organisation? People have left churchs before wow its really not that important. I'm sure there was a disagreement of some kind people argue still im not seeing the problem. If Brian shot rook while kelly was engaging in necraphillia then yes there would be a problem no laws broken no hipocrasy really not a problem then is it?

 

Still these posts shouldn't be deleted unless there sole purpose is to cause trouble.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:The reason

jcgadfly wrote:

The reason Haggard's situation became a scandal is because he preached against homosexuality while practicing it.

The RRS has practiced no such hypocrisy - they've just moved on with their lives. See the difference yet?

The only problem I see is people trying to create scandal where there is none so they can say "Look! It's a scandal!".

Please stop.

Well, I consider it hypocrisy, when you present a movement as one of the most important ones of our time, devout yourself to rallying the masses behind you, because of this importance, enter the public stage to promote this view, and then decide to abandon this movement all together to give old hairy men head for money.

It's a question of if the supposed agenda and mission of the RRS was as important and as significant as they once thought it was, when their own captains are abandoning ship. It's a question of if the whole notion of evangelizing atheism is a delusion, that served as sole purpose of giving a few insignificant lives a cheap sense of meaning, rather than a real and concrete sincerity to save mankind.

If I claimed to truly love humanity, and endeavored to save it from a great evil, then left ship to pursue a life of playing video games. It's a sign of my hypocrisy, that I never really held the love and commitment that I claimed, and that the real motives of my previous position were not authentic. 

 

 

 

 


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:The reason

jcgadfly wrote:

The reason Haggard's situation became a scandal is because he preached against homosexuality while practicing it.

The RRS has practiced no such hypocrisy - they've just moved on with their lives. See the difference yet?

The only problem I see is people trying to create scandal where there is none so they can say "Look! It's a scandal!".

Please stop.

I agree. But what if Kelly(aka Kasey) later joins 'Hookers for Jesus' and gives her life to Mr. Invisible. Is that then hypocrisy?

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat wrote:jcgadfly

theacrobat wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

The reason Haggard's situation became a scandal is because he preached against homosexuality while practicing it.

The RRS has practiced no such hypocrisy - they've just moved on with their lives. See the difference yet?

The only problem I see is people trying to create scandal where there is none so they can say "Look! It's a scandal!".

Please stop.

Well, I consider it hypocrisy, when you present a movement as one of the most important ones of our time, devout yourself to rallying the masses behind you, because of this importance, enter the public stage to promote this view, and then decide to abandon this movement all together to give old hairy men head for money.

It's a question of if the supposed agenda and mission of the RRS was as important and as significant as they once thought it was, when their own captains are abandoning ship. It's a question of if the whole notion of evangelizing atheism is a delusion, that served as sole purpose of giving a few insignificant lives a cheap sense of meaning, rather than a real and concrete sincerity to save mankind.

If I claimed to truly love humanity, and endeavored to save it from a great evil, then left ship to pursue a life of playing video games. It's a sign of my hypocrisy, that I never really held the love and commitment that I claimed, and that the real motives of my previous position were not authentic. 

 

 

 

 

You act as if the RRS is the only group out fighting the fight - they're not.

As for the current hiatus, survival trumps causes at times. IG had to go away for a bit - did you give him this level of grief? Or is it because Kelly's not giving you head for free?

Which is better for you - dying for the cause or continuing to live to fight another day?

 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly wrote:The

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

The reason Haggard's situation became a scandal is because he preached against homosexuality while practicing it.

The RRS has practiced no such hypocrisy - they've just moved on with their lives. See the difference yet?

The only problem I see is people trying to create scandal where there is none so they can say "Look! It's a scandal!".

Please stop.

I agree. But what if Kelly(aka Kasey) later joins 'Hookers for Jesus' and gives her life to Mr. Invisible. Is that then hypocrisy?

Actually, that would be offsetting hypocrisies, would it not?

Giving your life to God while performing acts he considers sinful.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat wrote: Well, I

theacrobat wrote:

 

Well, I consider it hypocrisy, when you present a movement as one of the most important ones of our time, devout yourself to rallying the masses behind you, because of this importance, enter the public stage to promote this view, and then decide to abandon this movement all together to give old hairy men head for money.

It's a question of if the supposed agenda and mission of the RRS was as important and as significant as they once thought it was, when their own captains are abandoning ship. It's a question of if the whole notion of evangelizing atheism is a delusion, that served as sole purpose of giving a few insignificant lives a cheap sense of meaning, rather than a real and concrete sincerity to save mankind.

If I claimed to truly love humanity, and endeavored to save it from a great evil, then left ship to pursue a life of playing video games. It's a sign of my hypocrisy, that I never really held the love and commitment that I claimed, and that the real motives of my previous position were not authentic. 

    

Projecting your moral beliefs on others is pointless. Atheists have differing views on subjects from politics, economics to sexual behavior. Very few of us have the same favorite football or baseball teams. What we have in common is a lack of a belief in gods. 

Everyone sets their own personal priorities in life and has to balance survival in the world with their desires to improve it. You act as if one has joined the priesthood of non-believers and one has taken an oath to an agenda to forsake all in the pursuit of it's achievement. That is certainly not the case.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Actually,

jcgadfly wrote:

Actually, that would be offsetting hypocrisies, would it not?

Giving your life to God while performing acts he considers sinful.

I think if you tithe 10% or more, the church elders and treasurer receive a message from God that the hypocrisies cancel out.

 

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:jcgadfly

EXC wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Actually, that would be offsetting hypocrisies, would it not?

Giving your life to God while performing acts he considers sinful.

I think if you tithe 10% or more, the church elders and treasurer receive a message from God that the hypocrisies cancel out.

 

Nothing like bribing the officials...

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Or is it because

Quote:
Or is it because Kelly's not giving you head for free?

Smiling

Well, buddy this might have stung if I was some unattractive dude with a sheer lack of confidence, but judging that I'm not, and that most people who know me understand why, it comes off as a silly claim to even make. 

jcgadfly wrote:

You act as if the RRS is the only group out fighting the fight - they're not.

No, it's not the only group, but the real motives of one group might help us to understand the motives of other groups as well. Sociologist engage in such studies all the time. Even if all groups don't fall under these same motives. We often see in individual motives in particular instances, similarities in such instances for others as well. 

Quote:
IG had to go away for a bit - did you give him this level of grief?

Well, I don't know much about the IG dude,  I don't even posses a membership on his site, I just remember him crying on Wife Swap. If he publicly stated why he left, why he temporally had to pursue other endeavors I'd have far more respect for him than Kelly.

Quote:
Which is better for you - dying for the cause or continuing to live to fight another day?

I'd rather dye fighting for a cause I sincerely believed in, than abandoning it all together. As old Willy would say "Cowards die many times before their own death".

You claim that Kelly left so she could make money so she could fight another day. I highly doubt that, her silence, the RRS inclinations to remove and edit post, and ban posters (other than surprisingly so far in this thread), seems to imply that she's abandon fighting all together. I doubt her hooking is a 24hr job, that doesn't allow her to have even an iota of time to contribute even marginally here.

She left without even a goodbye, no tributed farewell, and utter silence from the remaining leaders of this forum. It doesn't seem she left on amiable terms. It doesn't look like she has a desire to continue the relationship, even so in the future, but rather like with Sapient, sees the relationship has run it's course hasn't gotten anywhere, so it's time to go, and fuck another dude.

Let's face reality folks, like a mother whose left you on the doorsteps of a stranger, she's not coming back, nor she is looking to pick up the fight once again. The sad reality is that more than likely she didn't believe much in the fight to began in with, even if you naively do. 

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
theacrobat wrote:Quote:Or is

theacrobat wrote:

Quote:
Or is it because Kelly's not giving you head for free?

Smiling

Well, buddy this might have stung if I was some unattractive dude with a sheer lack of confidence, but judging that I'm not, and that most people who know me understand why, it comes off as a silly claim to even make. 

jcgadfly wrote:

You act as if the RRS is the only group out fighting the fight - they're not.

No, it's not the only group, but the real motives of one group might help us to understand the motives of other groups as well. Sociologist engage in such studies all the time. Even if all groups don't fall under these same motives. We often see in individual motives in particular instances, similarities in such instances for others as well. 

Quote:
IG had to go away for a bit - did you give him this level of grief?

Well, I don't know much about the IG dude,  I don't even posses a membership on his site, I just remember him crying on Wife Swap. If he publicly stated why he left, why he temporally had to pursue other endeavors I'd have far more respect for him than Kelly.

Quote:
Which is better for you - dying for the cause or continuing to live to fight another day?

I'd rather dye fighting for a cause I sincerely believed in, than abandoning it all together. As old Willy would say "Cowards die many times before their own death".

You claim that Kelly left so she could make money so she could fight another day. I highly doubt that, her silence, the RRS inclinations to remove and edit post, and ban posters (other than surprisingly so far in this thread), seems to imply that she's abandon fighting all together. I doubt her hooking is a 24hr job, that doesn't allow her to have even an iota of time to contribute even marginally here.

She left without even a goodbye, no tributed farewell, and utter silence from the remaining leaders of this forum. It doesn't seem she left on amiable terms. It doesn't look like she has a desire to continue the relationship, even so in the future, but rather like with Sapient, sees the relationship has run it's course hasn't gotten anywhere, so it's time to go, and fuck another dude.

Let's face reality folks, like a mother whose left you on the doorsteps of a stranger, she's not coming back, nor she is looking to pick up the fight once again. The sad reality is that more than likely she didn't believe much in the fight to began in with, even if you naively do. 

 

I guess we chould just hail you as the anti-fanboy you are...no, wait, you're obsessing about something that no one else really gives a shit about.

Maybe I should call you super fanboy.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

Projecting your moral beliefs on others is pointless. Atheists have differing views on subjects from politics, economics to sexual behavior. Very few of us have the same favorite football or baseball teams. What we have in common is a lack of a belief in gods.

Judging that no where in my post did i say anything about whether kelly being a prostitute is immoral or not, you're claim above is pointless. I already defined what the hypocrisy in this situation is, and it had nothing to do with her choice of profession, in fact i referred to someone devoting their lives to video games as engaging in the same sort of hypocrisy. 

Quote:
Everyone sets their own personal priorities in life and has to balance survival in the world with their desires to improve it. You act as if one has joined the priesthood of non-believers and one has taken an oath to an agenda to forsake all in the pursuit of it's achievement. That is certainly not the case.

I suggest you read my previous post again. Since I was rather explicit in defining what I was claiming, and your response here seems so utterly ignorant of it. 

 

 

 


theacrobat (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:I guess we

jcgadfly wrote:

I guess we chould just hail you as the anti-fanboy you are...no, wait, you're obsessing about something that no one else really gives a shit about.

So being critical of the hypocrisy of a Pope, of prominent Christian leaders, mean that atheist who do so are obsessing over them? 

You're the one that claimed that Ted Haggard is valid topic of discussion because of his supposed hypocrisy, why doesn't Kelly fall under the same standard?

Are you going to deny that she was just a nobody here? Not someone of prominence? Not a significant contributor to this site? Not a founding member? I mean apparently the RRS cared so much about her that she was the one chosen to appear on national television. I mean apparently the RRS cares so much about her to have post and posters routinely banned and edited at the sheer mention of her name after her departure.

Mattshizzle has an entire "official" thread devoted to explaining why he's gone, but not Kelly or Rook? I'm sure this was not because Shizzle was seen as more important than them, but rather discussion about them (particularly Kelly) are deemed as more riskier. 

Quote:
Maybe I should call you super fanboy.

Uhm..yeah...ok. A fanboy attempts shied their beloveds from criticism, and refuses to call a spade a spade.