Cheers, Keplar

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cheers, Keplar

They're sending her up tomorrow evening, weather permitting.

If there do happen to be little worldlets analagous to our own in the Goldilocks zone, we'll finally have an eye that we can see them with.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

GermanMike
Blogger
GermanMike's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's Kepler

Since I guess you are talking about the new space telescope, it's called Kepler telescope reffering to the German astronomer Johannes Kepler.

Article on Johannes Kepler on wikipedia

-----------------------------------------------------

Who asks me inappropiate questions also has to live with the answers I may give.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of my private mottos

One of my private mottos comes from Kepler's lips -  "Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife."

It springs to mind especially when being accused of ignorance by an ignoramus (common enough when arguing with delusionally superstitious people).

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy