How the gays will now destroy America. :P

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
How the gays will now destroy America. :P

Look! Dobson actually wrote something (unintentionally) hilarious, that most people should be able to read all the way through:

http://focusfamaction.edgeboss.net/download/focusfamaction/pdfs/10-22-08_2012letter.pdf

...Man, I'll never get over what these types find to be the scariest possibilities. Eye-wink

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Retards. Most of this

Retards. Most of this actually sounds like a much better country other than the terrorist attacks and censorship - and misconception of what universal helth care would do. By the way the election wasn't close. I'd love to see everything but what I mentioned happen.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
What cosmic purpose? Yeah, 

What cosmic purpose? Yeah,  that's hilariously wishfully dumb.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Didn't finish the whole

Didn't finish the whole thing but the first half sounds like a slice of heaven(excuse the expression) One should hope for such a country. Giving people equal rights? What an absurd evil atheist idea!!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Other than his misinformed

Other than his misinformed views on what might happen in the Middle East it sounds like an excellent scenario to me. Religion being cast aside along with their views in Fantasyland is the best thing that could happen. Clearly this was intended to horrify the right wing religious zealots into fear. What  they have always failed to grasp is they never had a right to push God and values based on their views down the throats of non-believers. The land of the free is clearly a place where all are treated in an unbiased way with no favoritism shown. Dobson has managed to show he fears freedom more than anything. 

What I have never understood is no one is forcing Christians to be Gay, or into same sex marriage. No one is forcing them to have abortions. No one is forcing them to not believe in their fantasy. They clearly have the freedom to believe in make believe. They need to leave the rest of us alone in the real world and enjoy their delusions.

Clearly Dobson is homophobic or protests loudly as did Ted Haggard in order to cover up a secret life. Me thinks he protests too much.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

Other than his misinformed views on what might happen in the Middle East it sounds like an excellent scenario to me. Religion being cast aside along with their views in Fantasyland is the best thing that could happen. Clearly this was intended to horrify the right wing religious zealots into fear. What  they have always failed to grasp is they never had a right to push God and values based on their views down the throats of non-believers. The land of the free is clearly a place where all are treated in an unbiased way with no favoritism shown. Dobson has managed to show he fears freedom more than anything. 

What I have never understood is no one is forcing Christians to be Gay, or into same sex marriage. No one is forcing them to have abortions. No one is forcing them to not believe in their fantasy. They clearly have the freedom to believe in make believe. They need to leave the rest of us alone in the real world and enjoy their delusions.

Clearly Dobson is homophobic or protests loudly as did Ted Haggard in order to cover up a secret life. Me thinks he protests too much.

x2

That sure would be heaven Laughing out loud

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow

Is this guy for real? Does he hear the words that come out of his mouth? Does he see the words that are pressed out of his fingers? I'm loosing hope in humanity every day...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Thandarr
User is offlineOffline
Someone who is organized should keep this for 2012

Someone who is organized should keep this nonsense around just to check how many of these predictions have come true in 2012.  I'm going to make a prediction . . . none of them.  Let's see who's closer to right.  When Focus on the Family asks for credibility in the 2012 elections, the public should be reminded of this prognostication.

Thandarr

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
This letter is absurd! The

This letter is absurd! The author would deserve to be magically turned into a hungry unemployed black homosexual muslim illegal immigrant living in the american Deep South and having currently a crisis of faith.
The structure is like:
LAND OF THE FREE?
"the description how an institution is supposedly planned to be restricted, in favor of a lawful citizens, the human beings, and how it is evil."

Well this is what the institutions are supposed to be here for, to serve us! What I see here, are old institutions fearing an inevitable uprise of people's will.
Am I seeing things, or this letter continues by a ridiculous fiction? Iran having a nuclear bomb, attacking Israel, which can actually answer by another nuclear bomb and one of the most powerful armies in the world? That's a suicide.
Russia occupying the former Soviet countries again? Bullshit. They didn't even recover from the Soviet Union era yet, the people's memory is fresh, they remember the hell which Soviet Union was.
Expensive, unavailable healthcare? Bullshit, if only USA wouldn't waste trillions of dollars over the years on killing and robbing people all around the world, the whole world would start to resemble a paradise. That includes all the global problems we have and what the letter complains on.

Obviously, the world is divided on eternal opposites, Fear and Love, Old and New, Past and Future, Good for the few and Good for everyone. The group of the Love will make the future, and the group of Fear will stay isolated and stagnate, until the members one by one leave the group and join the world, or die out by the old age.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Spike, this guy is one of

Spike, this guy is one of the most respected voices of evangelical christianity.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Respected by other fundies.

Respected by other fundies. I'd say the vast majority of people on this site have no respect for him and consider him an asshat.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Spike,

Hambydammit wrote:
Spike, this guy is one of the most respected voices of evangelical christianity.
The very definition of "dubious achievement".

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Isn't that kind of like

Isn't that kind of like being the most articulate of the 3 Stooges?

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
MemoTo: Dr. DobsonRE: Silly

Memo

To: Dr. Dobson

RE: Silly letter that was an extension of the idiotic Republican scare tactics that Americans overwhelmingly kicked to the curb last Tuesday --

Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:Isn't that

MattShizzle wrote:
Isn't that kind of like being the most articulate of the 3 Stooges?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Has anyone also run into

Has anyone also run into this argument? That the reason the ancient greeks and romans fell was because of homosexuality? Believe it or not I have.

NO YOU MORONS.....There will always be a flux of power in human history and it is not that we will last for ever, no society does. But the way to shorten the life of a socity, is over extending yourself economically and ideologicly. If you leave your citizens to starve, they rebel eventually. If you over extend yourself militarly that too, can break the back of any society.

We think of China as always being communist, which it wasn't. It was run by royal families before comunism replaced family rule with government rule.

Rome and Greece fell because they over extended themselves militarly and economically. It seems that America is headed down the same path, hopefully Obama can set us back on track, but human nature will never suprise me.

So maybe if these right wing nuts will get off other people's nuts and worry about economics and how we are viewed in the world, maybe WE can extend this ride we call America. But the more the right and left focus on who's version of Jesus runs our government, the more we will end up looking like the divisive middle east.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Some historians actually

Some historians actually think Christianity is a large reason Rome fell.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was ridiculous. 

That was ridiculous.  Ridiculously funny!  Actually, a lot of what he proposed didn't seem to bad to me at all.  Does he not realize that when he questions 'land of the free' with his examples, he's actually contradicting his implicite premise that the US is no longer 'the land of the free'?  Virtually every scenario extended freedoms and the Christians decided not to participate.  None of their freedoms were actually taken away.  The only thing taken away from the Christians in those scenarios was their monopoly on what freedoms everyone else could have.

That'll amuse me for a long while!

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
MattShizzle wrote:Some

MattShizzle wrote:

Some historians actually think Christianity is a large reason Rome fell.

Who was the Ceazar that caused a fire and then blamed it on the Christians, I think that, combined with his excesses caused the movement away from old Rome. I think if that fire had never happened maybe things would have been different.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Nero. Another big thing was

Nero. Another big thing was the split of East and West, completely due to a disagreement betwwen what became the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches. Not much different than fighting over whether it's Santa Claus or Father Christmas.

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Oh, it's actually a bit worse than that, Matt...

...the main issue in the split between Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy (usually dated to the year 1054, but actually having precedents long before that,) was who was right over the procession (...whatever that means...) of the Holy Spirit.  The Eastern Orthodox say the H.S. proceeds from the Father alone, whereas the Roman Catholics say that the Spirit proceeds from both the Father and the Son.  (Actually, I just remembered: "procession," in this sense, means "to have an origin in."  So, the E.O. think that the Spirit originates only in the Father, etc.)

Anyway...this is *not* like fighting over whether it's Santa Claus or Father Christmas; it's much more petty than that.  It's more like fighting over the length of the beard of Santa.

Ah, well...it can always be worse.  One Protestant church here in Kansas actually split over the vital issue of whether or not wearing buttons on one's clothing constituted a sign of sinful pride.  (One faction favored a "simpler" hook-and-eye arrangement.  The other saw no sinful pride.)

Isn't relgious ideological purity such fun?

Conor

JanCham
User is offlineOffline
 Ugh.. this subject really

Ugh.. this subject really pissed me off.  I wrote this on my LJ just a few minutes ago just to get all the anger off my chest.  I think it started to sound a bit long winded, but I think it pretty much sums up many non-religious feelings on this issue.  Obviously not everyone, but I hope to speaks for most here...

Recently a proposition passed that re-bans gay marriage in my state.  Though it is rarely discussed, this is a religious issue, there is no other reason beyond backward bible bashing that justifies this insult to personal freedom.

It is only a short passage in the bible "Man shall not lie with man as they would with a woman" (paraphrase) but it's justified the self denial deeply seeded within parasitic mindsets that demand the greatest of submission to absolute sacrifice of individuality.  As the Biologist Alfred Kinsey defined, human sexuality exists in a wide spectrum.  The personal needs and attractions of men and women are not exclusive to biological sex, it also includes aspects that relate to their childhood and qualities that appeal to their personal interests.  It is common to find those aspects in a great deal of people, not just the sex that some two thousand year old book or a disembodied voice in your head commands you to.   It frightens people to think beyond some ideal status quo simply because it gives them a feel of self control and stability.  Your feelings of certainty come with a heavy price to people whom have nothing to do with you.. and as you are right now would prefer to remain that way.

Prop 8 is a fine example of a group of people seeking meaning in their own lives by stealing meaning from others.  Your ways sicken me, to be honest, you constantly seek favor from some sky daddy like some prattling little child with a whipping boy for a brother.  We are the whipping boy, a father who slaps us around like his personal punching bag while you bask in the joy of not being the abusive fathers target.  I am glad I don't believe in the same violent, jealous, ignorant, vindictive, and unjust God that you do.  I apologize to those of faith who simply wish to follow their own path without stepping on others, those few who allow truth to prove it's self.  If there is a god, I can only guess that you are the few whom the mind of the universe would favor over the Cain-like religious that seek to slay their brothers and sisters in the name of gaining Father's love.

If there is anything I want you bible bangers to know, It was *you* that killed my faith a long time ago.  Perhaps if you had any point to your moralizing I would have seen the error of my ways, but I've lived and survived my own personal lessons out of experience... not out of ignorance or fear.  I hope you enjoy the hell you have created for yourself, crying in your closets.

To go beyond your limits you must first find them.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conor Wilson

Conor Wilson wrote:

Anyway...this is *not* like fighting over whether it's Santa Claus or Father Christmas; it's much more petty than that.  It's more like fighting over the length of the beard of Santa.

This is why I believe only in St. Nikolaos, the Byzantine bishop who really existed, and upon who the characters of Santa Klaus, Sinterklass and Father Christmas are based. St. Nikolaos has a separate festivity on 6th december here.
Btw, somehow I like the Eastern Orthodox church more than the western unorthodox. It seems less brimstoneous, less barbaric, the difference isn't only in the origin of Holy Spirit.

Conor Wilson wrote:
Ah, well...it can always be worse.  One Protestant church here in Kansas actually split over the vital issue of whether or not wearing buttons on one's clothing constituted a sign of sinful pride.  (One faction favored a "simpler" hook-and-eye arrangement.  The other saw no sinful pride.)

Isn't relgious ideological purity such fun?
Yes it is, when watched from a distance, the other side of the planet, preferably. From such a distance, in a post-communistic state, the atheism doesn't sound as important, the thieves, rednecks and pro-american traitors in parliament are the local danger. The latest idea of local weak religious political party was to
- estabilish an old-new kind of marriage, which is lifetime long, and very diffcult to interrupt. (remind you, this is the place and time where 50% of marriages gets divorced)
- do not mention the gay marriage law anywhere near the common marriage law. (will it be then any less valid? I doubt it.)
- something with an apartment prices.

Btw, the button Christians probably missed the age for a few centuries. Back then the buttons could be really expensive, gilded, made of ivory, pearl-shell, but nowadays it's all just a cheap plastic with 0% of pride.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Anime_Otaku
User is offlineOffline
I didn't read it all but of

I didn't read it all but of what I did the only things I did agree would be bad is people losing their jobs for not helping with abortions and forcing religions to allow same sex marriages in churches/temples/mosques/whatever.