McCain's VP has unwed 5 month pregnant daughter! AND WE SHOULD CARE WHY?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
McCain's VP has unwed 5 month pregnant daughter! AND WE SHOULD CARE WHY?
The morality police on the right always bitch that the left is nothing but a bastion of a free for all, especially when it comes to sex.

Well, it has now come out that McCain's VP Sarah Palin's daughter is UNWED and 5 months pregnant!

When others point out the hypocrisy, they claim, "It is a personal matter"

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Just like when Cheney's daughter admitted she was gay.

SO WILL YOU RIGHT WING FUCKWADS stop prying into people's sex lives and mind your own fucking business. Bill's blowjob didn't affect gas prices anymore than this teen's ill advised relationship at such a young age.

And Sarah's family says their teen will marry the 18 year old guy.

WHY? What if they are not in love? What if they discover 1 year from now that they don't want to be together? Are you going to force them to get married and stay married? These idiots would rather compound one mistake on top of another just to protect a utopia!

I myself didn't know my ass for a hole in the ground at that age and I am damn sure glad at 41 I didn't have any kids at all.

So Sarah, being the good parent would rather dictate to her daughter to save face, than to do the right thing, help her raise her daughter, and not force the two to get married. In fact, I would discourage it, even if they claimed they loved each other. What teen in America knows what they want at that age? We are all a bunch of raging hormones at that age.

She made a mistake, if the Republicans want voters to overlook that, then KEEP YOUR FUCKING NOSES OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S PRIVATE BUSINESS YOURSELVES!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bristol is a product of

Bristol is a product of abstinence only education.  This isn't the first time I've run into a fervent anti-choicer with pregnant teenage daughters.  They are so busy focusing on your family that they ignore their own.

The Republicans had no problem constantly attacking Chelsea Clinton.  Rush Limbaugh referred to her as the White House dog.  So far with all her "immoral" upbringing she's going through Stanford and, to the best of my knowledge, isn't pregnant.

Now the tables are turned and the GOP decries any mention of the children as "off-limits" although Palin has no problem bragging how one of her children has Down's Syndrome and uses that story to appeal to the religious reich.

Naturally the GOP will be looking forward to an election where they can attack the children of a Democrat because children aren't off limits when it's a child of a Democrat (they had no problem going after Al Gore's son in the 2000 election, or making up a story about McCain fathering an Black baby).

Just remember, Republicans are hypocritical.  They can't run on the issues so they'll use personal attacks any time they can and play the victim if anyone uses their tactics against them.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The morality

Brian37 wrote:

The morality police on the right always bitch that the left is nothing but a bastion of a free for all, especially when it comes to sex.

Well, it has now come out that McCain's VP Sarah Palin's daughter is UNWED and 5 months pregnant!

When others point out the hypocrisy, they claim, "It is a personal matter"

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

Just like when Cheney's daughter admitted she was gay.

SO WILL YOU RIGHT WING FUCKWADS stop prying into people's sex lives and mind your own fucking business. Bill's blowjob didn't affect gas prices anymore than this teen's ill advised relationship at such a young age.

And Sarah's family says their teen will marry the 18 year old guy.

WHY? What if they are not in love? What if they discover 1 year from now that they don't want to be together? Are you going to force them to get married and stay married? These idiots would rather compound one mistake on top of another just to protect a utopia!

I myself didn't know my ass for a hole in the ground at that age and I am damn sure glad at 41 I didn't have any kids at all.

So Sarah, being the good parent would rather dictate to her daughter to save face, than to do the right thing, help her raise her daughter, and not force the two to get married. In fact, I would discourage it, even if they claimed they loved each other. What teen in America knows what they want at that age? We are all a bunch of raging hormones at that age.

She made a mistake, if the Republicans want voters to overlook that, then KEEP YOUR FUCKING NOSES OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE'S PRIVATE BUSINESS YOURSELVES!

It would seem that the Right has many scandals too, such as:

Mark Foley, Ted Haggard, Larry Craig, Bob Allen, Glenn Murphy Jr,

or this long list.

I agree with Obama on this, leave it alone. That said, if any Rethug decides to use any of Palin's daughter's situation for political gain all is fair. I don't want to hear shit about how she has moral values holding all life to be sacred and all life is a gift of God and Palin has set such a fantastic example.

I don't care if the girl gets married or not, I don't see where it makes any difference. I certainly don't see where it has any impact on whether Palin would be a good VP.

Though if Palin can't instill values in her own children that set a good course through life, what kind of leadership would she provide in a national situation.

Actually, I'm more concerned over the other issue that she may have abused her power as governor to attempt to fire her Ex-brother-in-law from being a state trooper. If this is true we don't need anymore of these types in Washington there are all ready plenty who abuse power to their own gain.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Not only is Chelsea not

Not only is Chelsea not pregnant, she's also pushing 30 rather than 17.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I am so bad to the bone.

I am so bad to the bone. When 18 and into my early 20's most all the many girls I had sex with were under age, in the 60's era of "free love" .... lucky bad bad boy me.

For all my life most all republicans have been really weird and offensive to me, and still are. I always vote, and never even considered voting for any republican.  Hey okay yeah, I am weird that way ??? Weird weird world of so much that is of human design.

War on earth???, enough said .... embarrassing. Geezz how will I explain, in defense of this human race, to a wiser alien?

Republicans of the past couple generations and their ilk are "generally" the most retarded group on earth. I'm not a Ron Paul expert but he'a an example of execption.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Conservatives demand that

Conservatives demand that pregnant teens be removed from schools because they set a bad example for other teenagers.  But if a pregnant teen is the daughter of a Republican VP candidate then she is considered a good role model and displaying great Christian values.

Must be another example of those objective moral values the fundies keep on telling us about.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Damn she's already pregnant

Damn she's already pregnant with her second child!?   Maybe she's pissed off mom stole the first one from her.

/fuck McCain and Co with their own medicine

Edweird
Edweird's picture
User is offlineOffline
not the conspiracy theory type but...

I am not typically the conspiracy theory type but ive been reading alot of fairly reasonable criticism that claims that the Palins' 5th child is actually the eldest daughters. The peices fit, and I deem it interesting at very least.

So if that is true, it informs me that the Palins are willing to live a lie to perpetuate a "good christian" appearance. Also that the eldest daughter is out of control and likley needs effective parenting most of all.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?." Douglas Adams

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
U.S. Politics is just more

U.S. Politics is just more schadenfreude.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Liberals will never beat

Liberals will never beat conservatives at their own game because they fail to understand that at the heart of the conservative voter is conflict and hypocrisy. The total lack of self-awareness is treated as strength.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Jill, it's like mostly

Yeah Jill, it's like mostly bad entertainment ....

Magilum, that's interesting, can you expand a bit on that ?

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote:Liberals will

magilum wrote:

Liberals will never beat conservatives at their own game because they fail to understand that at the heart of the conservative voter is conflict and hypocrisy. The total lack of self-awareness is treated as strength.

I can see this.  I don't know any other way for self awareness to take place (or be nurtured) unless one learns to be completely honest with one's self.  The human animal in our culture has learned to live by lying to himself about himself and finds comfort with that. Confronting this fact (As psychoanalysis often attempts to do) leads to considerable hostility.

We are a nation of myth makers and myth sellers/buyers (& this encompasses more than religion here).  No one more so than the Conservative, the Authoritarian and the conformist.  As Dennett might point out...we've grown accustomed to the sense that "belief" in itself is good.

A lack of self awareness/honesty becomes a self defense mechanism that prevents the recognition or acceptance of hypocrisy, but then honesty/SA has little to no value to the myth maker/buyer mindset.

I think it's very wise for Obama and party to distance themselves from criticism about this.  The RNC will only spin this into the Palin's as victims.  That doesn't mean that journalists (If we actually have any of those left) shouldn't confront them w/ their hypocrisy in every interview or that sex education/morality should be excluded from any and all debates between parties leading up to the election.

For the record, it is also being reported that Palin and her husband eloped on Aug. 29, 1988.  They had their first child 8 months later.

Abstinence only education.  It works !!

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

KiwiStu
KiwiStu's picture
User is offlineOffline
yep and as a lapsed conservative I find it is damn tough

magilum wrote:

Liberals will never beat conservatives at their own game because they fail to understand that at the heart of the conservative voter is conflict and hypocrisy.

It is a funny thing, we are facing an election here probably in November and of course we have the traditional left v right, liberal v conservatism debate going on.  The current is a liberal govt the popular challenger is a conservative, my main issue is pretty much, the liberal govt interferes a lot economically and conservative promise is to less of this.  But on the other hand the conservative has the religious right near his pocket slipping him the cash.  My normal self say, vote for economic strength and liberal markets but my head also says, hang on do you really want the religious wackos back.  (Don't get me started on the teaching of religion in state schools here).  

The conservative dilemma is pretty much liberalize everything except what religion says you can't.  If they relax the religion out of it, the policy becomes a lot more consistent.

In God I trust, all others bring data
BTW God, I think your excemption expired

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Both parties have are a

Both parties have are a double edge sword and BOTH parties have mushroomed the size of government over the past 30 years.

Conservatives want to play morality police and put a cross on the Capital dome. The left want to ban anything that might make someone else cry because it is "offensive".

I don't like either party but I'd rather risk voting for the party that has a bigger umbrella and one that is less likely to turn our country into a theocracy like the right wants.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:Now the tables

D-cubed wrote:

Now the tables are turned and the GOP decries any mention of the children as "off-limits" although Palin has no problem bragging how one of her children has Down's Syndrome and uses that story to appeal to the religious reich.

You left out the part about how she also seems to have no problem telling us about how her oldest son is being sent to Iraq on 9/11.

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:magilum

AmericanIdle wrote:

magilum wrote:

We are a nation of myth makers and myth sellers/buyers (& this encompasses more than religion here).  No one more so than the Conservative, the Authoritarian and the conformist.  As Dennett might point out...we've grown accustomed to the sense that "belief" in itself is good.

This got me thinking about the myth of the classless American society in relation to the myths we have that are rooted in religion.  Red states tend to be both poorer and more religious than blue states.  There is a traditional conservative argument that says that if you have any economic troubles then you just aren't working hard enough because the United States is classless and anyone can move to a higher social class if they just try.  While I would agree that this does happen more here than in many other countries, it’s both not that simple and not really all that common.  We do see some movement between classes, but not huge leaps.  The lottery becomes the sole hope of so many who want to change their class, and I think we all know just how well that works!

As a nation we are told that anyone not only can pull him or herself up by their own bootstraps, but that it is their obligation to do so.  The poor here tend to buy into this, even if they know they’ve really tried to do so but failed.  And since most of us have seen complaining slackers, this argument does resonate.  Most people I've known have also seen the disabled, elderly, or temporarily stuck in bad situations that do need a bit of help in getting by.  That reality tends to get swept under the rug in this country and you will find that even the poor often will not speak up against societal structures that cause them problems.  This is not the case in other countries though.  The poor seem to be more aware of their status in society and often agitate for change in ways we simply don’t see here.

So then if you go back to looking at red states in general and just look at the issues of poverty and religion, do so many Americans buy into this conservative economic dogma due to comfort with accepting myth from the religious part of their life, or do they flock to religion in such high percentages in order to escape from the reality of poverty that they feel guilt for because they have failed to better themselves economically?  Which is greater, comfort with myth or exhaustion and the desire to escape from reality?

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yea..

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy wrote:You left

shelleymtjoy wrote:

You left out the part about how she also seems to have no problem telling us about how her oldest son is being sent to Iraq on 9/11.

She even admitted that the illegal Iraqi invasion was solely about oil.  She's happy her son might die to give the oil companies some more profits.  Then again, this is the same woman who claimed to take a 12 hours flight from Texas to Alaska, then an hour long car ride to Wasilla after her water broke (although she never told the crew of Alaska Airlines she was preggers and the hospital never recorded her giving birth).

Palin is a fundy, anything she says is suspect.  It's no wonder fellow Alaskan Republicans think she isn't qualified.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vicious attacks ?

Last night I forced myself to watch some of the Repug convention and a lady there was decrying the "vicious attacks" of liberals against Palin's daughter.

Then this morning I was listening to a radio show where a caller called in and said that his wife was going to vote for Obama but has now changed her mind due to the "vicious attacks" on Palin and her daughter.

I had heard Obama say that the pregnancy issue was a family matter and nothing to do with the important matter of whether Palin is qualified etc.

So, where are these vicious attacks? Can someone point me to vicious attacks or is this just a bullshit spin for sympathy and to demonize the left again ?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:Then this

nikimoto wrote:

Then this morning I was listening to a radio show where a caller called in and said that his wife was going to vote for Obama but has now changed her mind due to the "vicious attacks" on Palin and her daughter.

When you make Christians question their faith by showing there is no proof for god, in order to dissuade you from this act they sometimes outwardly project comments like "All you're doing is making my faith stronger."  They're liars, frauds, and project their pain onto the world so as to make the pain stop.  Numbnut right winger on the radio might've said that his wife changed position because of the vicious attacks, or he could admit the truth... his wife was stunned that Palin is so fucked up, and is going to vote for her anyway.

It's a meme from the weak.  "The more you prove us wrong, the more sure we become."  Either they are morons or liars.  Liars to themselves and everyone around them.

Oh btw just to show how much I don't believe the rightwinger on the radio, and how we shouldn't let that nonsense slow us down, let me say this...

Palin lied about her having a baby to cover up her daughters pregnancy, she still to this day claims that her daughters baby (Trig) is actually hers.  Her daughters baby is the result of her horrible handle on how to properly educate a child.  Furthermore immediately after the baby the daughter got knocked up again... BECAUSE SHE STILL HAD NOT BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT SAFE SEX.  Palins base however is so fucking stupid that they think because Sarah Palin came out and said her daughter is pregnant now, she has come clean, and Trig couldn't possibly be hers.  Well they're idiots.  Bristol Palin is 3.5 months pregnant with her second child, Sarah Palin is a dope, and her constituency will cause the worst problems America has ever seen if they vote for her and McBush.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Palin lied

Sapient wrote:

Palin lied about her having a baby to cover up her daughters pregnancy, she still to this day claims that her daughters baby (Trig) is actually hers....

Bristol Palin is 3.5 months pregnant with her second child

Really?

I understand the first part but didn't know for sure that there is an actual 2nd pregnancy...

Another idea floating around is that they will soon announce that Bristol had a miscarriage and...

Voila! Problem solved.

AmericanIdle
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:Last night I

nikimoto wrote:

Last night I forced myself to watch some of the Repug convention and a lady there was decrying the "vicious attacks" of liberals against Palin's daughter.

I had heard Obama say that the pregnancy issue was a family matter and nothing to do with the important matter of whether Palin is qualified etc.

So, where are these vicious attacks? Can someone point me to vicious attacks or is this just a bullshit spin for sympathy and to demonize the left again ?

In the face of clearly exhibited hypocrisy, the Republicans have chosen to play victim as their defense mechanism.

I think Obama has been very wise to see this and avoid this trap by telling his own campaign staffers to leave this alone...at least for now.  

If your goal is to play the "victim", you need to be able to point to a would-be attacker/enemy.  If there isn't one, then you must manufacture one.  Manufacturing an enemy:  Something the Neo-Cons have gotten quite good at.

It doesn't mean that the media should let them off the hook though as I've seen almost no one who has called them out on their obvious hypocrisy. Some questions I'd ask if given the chance:

- What if this were Obama's daughter that had gotten pregnant.  Wouldn't the Republican party be having a field day w/ the word morality?

- Why should those who try to project themselves as upholding morality in this country be exempt from criticism ?

- What if the pregnant girl was living w/ a single parent?  Or black ?  Haven't you supported policies that could be best described as devoid of compassion for that demographic ?  What makes a black kid or a family with financial hardship exempt from your compassion ? 

- Abstinence only education has never been shown to be effective and even your own family now exhibits this ineffectiveness.  Tell me how you can possibly justify holding this position ? 

- Shouldn't the very group that seeks to impose their values and their morality on everyone else be held to a much higher standard of morality ?

- Why do you suppose these groups that seek to impose morality always seem to exhibit such an inferior brand of morality than the demographics they try to impose on ?

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
George Orwell

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
AmericanIdle wrote:It

AmericanIdle wrote:

It doesn't mean that the media should let them off the hook though as I've seen almost no one who has called them out on their obvious hypocrisy. Some questions I'd ask if given the chance:

- What if this were Obama's daughter that had gotten pregnant.  Wouldn't the Republican party be having a field day w/ the word morality?

- Why should those who try to project themselves as upholding morality in this country be exempt from criticism ?

- What if the pregnant girl was living w/ a single parent?  Or black ?  Haven't you supported policies that could be best described as devoid of compassion for that demographic ?  What makes a black kid or a family with financial hardship exempt from your compassion ? 

- Abstinence only education has never been shown to be effective and even your own family now exhibits this ineffectiveness.  Tell me how you can possibly justify holding this position ? 

- Shouldn't the very group that seeks to impose their values and their morality on everyone else be held to a much higher standard of morality ?

- Why do you suppose these groups that seek to impose morality always seem to exhibit such an inferior brand of morality than the demographics they try to impose on ?

Great questions, IMO.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:Last night I

nikimoto wrote:

Somehow I doubt this caller was genuine, like all those Hillary supporters who claimed they were going to vote for McCain.  Nobody who is going to support Obama is going to honestly switch their vote to someone who is the polar opposite based upon a trivial issue like Bristol's pregnancy.

The Republicans hire people to call into radio shows in order to affect the meme of society.  Democrats do the same thing to shows like Rush Limbaugh (don't know if they are actually paid like the Republicans are).

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
D-cubed wrote:nikimoto

D-cubed wrote:

nikimoto wrote:

Somehow I doubt this caller was genuine, like all those Hillary supporters who claimed they were going to vote for McCain.  Nobody who is going to support Obama is going to honestly switch their vote to someone who is the polar opposite based upon a trivial issue like Bristol's pregnancy.

The Republicans hire people to call into radio shows in order to affect the meme of society.  Democrats do the same thing to shows like Rush Limbaugh (don't know if they are actually paid like the Republicans are).

Again, and I cant say this enough. If we focus on gas prices and not pussies and dicks and who does what behind closed doors, maybe both the Republicans and Democratic voters could afford to pay their bills.

But what do I know, I guess peeping through your neighbor's window is far more important.

So a teen got pregnant? CALL CNN. Is it an ideal situation? FUCK NO! But the right wing wants to paint themselves as an everlasting Norman Rockwell painting where no one farts in public.

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abstinence-only sex

Abstinence-only sex "education" is ridiculous in the same way that the expectation of Catholic priests and nuns to remain celibate is. To deny humans such a hardwired behavior is asking for trouble. That much has been proven.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I always liked the

I always liked the comparison that abstinence in order to prevent pregnancy/STD's is like never leaving your house to prevent car accidents.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
...The most pressing issue

...The most pressing issue for me regarding Palin (being a citizen of a country other than the U.S.) is her batshit-fucking-crazy rhetoric about leading Holy War across the globe in order to trigger Armageddon.

Seriously. That's shit she's gleefully admitted she's all for.

And yet scarier are the facts that:

A) There are so many fundy's apparently ready to march to the gates of Hell with her.

B) Your guys's voting machines are, at best, buggy as shit - and as worst, a total farce (meaning that Obama's popular support right now might not even fucking matter)

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
If shit happens that looks

If shit happens that looks like the voting machines were fucked with, that would be grounds for revolution/ a second civil war.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:...The

Kevin R Brown wrote:

...The most pressing issue for me regarding Palin (being a citizen of a country other than the U.S.) is her batshit-fucking-crazy rhetoric about leading Holy War across the globe in order to trigger Armageddon.

Seriously. That's shit she's gleefully admitted she's all for.

And yet scarier are the facts that:

A) There are so many fundy's apparently ready to march to the gates of Hell with her.

B) Your guys's voting machines are, at best, buggy as shit - and as worst, a total farce (meaning that Obama's popular support right now might not even fucking matter)

I believe I heard on the radio the other day that she's Pentecostal. They played a couple of recordings of speeches she'd made at church events, and you're right - completely batshit crazy.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?