The stooges and the haters write in PART DEUX [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
Moderator
RationalResponseSquad's picture
Posts: 556
Joined: 2006-08-17
User is offlineOffline
The stooges and the haters write in PART DEUX [YOU RESPOND]

 

From: j-schumann@telus.net
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:37 AM
Subject: [General Question] what is a fool
 

J.SCHUMANN sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

SHALOM;The question posted is answered by the HOLY ONE of Israel [Psalm
14.1].YESHUA  is the JUDGE to whom we must all  give account [John
1-8,14-21,Rev.20-21.8].You do not have to believe him ,does it matter to
him ? No?The haters of the SON of GOD just have to be as brazen
[foolish],when their face  the TRUTH [eternity with all haters of the love
of the TRUTH[John 14.1-6,Acts 17.22-34,2 Thess. 1-2] for their  willfull
disobedience and lies their deceived themselves  and many others with
their pride and contempt of the TRUTH [Romans 1-8,Jude 1].I used the
K.J.VERSION at YAHOO,BIBLEGATEWAY. COM .John

 

___________________________________

From: don@txhunt.us
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:43 PM
Subject: [General Question] Evolution

Don Hunt sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Depending on context, evolution can be a fact or "just a theory". It is a
fact that evolutionary changes in organisms have been observed. The Theory
of Evolution attempts to explain how we, and the other critters, became
what we are today.  Please look at the Wikipedia entry for theory.
Remember that gravity is just a theory, too. In short, I hate it when
people spoil a valid argument by being sloppy.
Also a bit disappointed that rational people, such as yourselves, seek to
eradicate thoughts. Shouldn't you instead seek to promote critical
thinking, which should eliminate irrationality? Just a thought.

 

_________________________________

From: logan.mckinney@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:09 AM
Subject: [General Question] ....

logan sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

hey.

have fun in hell.

I <3 jesus...and he still loves you. because he's a good man.

unlike you people.

 

_________________________________

From: seifercd@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: [General Question] You have no idea.

Tim sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

You guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into. You have no clue
what you are doing. I will pray for all of you....you are all going to need
it.

God bless.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
What a bunch of retards.

What a bunch of retards. Don't they get we don't care what the BuyBull says? The one wasn't bad - but we definitely do promote critical thinking. By the way, you pray for us, we'll think for you.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Church of the Immaculate Ego

Yes, "what a bunch of retards" definitely promotes critical thinking. How is that different from the bible thumpers you rail against? Substituting "witty" comebacks (BuyBull,  you pray for us, we'll think for you) for logic doesn't particularly support your contention. I agree with the argument, but criticize the sloppiness of it, yet am classified as a stooge or hater, which seems to the your version of "heretic". Insults are the first and best sign of a poor argument, or one's lack of ability to make one. I am, of course, assuming you're in this to better understand reality , as opposed to "win" the argument and stroke your egos, but I may be wrong. That said, I understand that sometimes you realize you can't rationally argue with someone, so you vent your frustration with a few shots at them.

As I suspect this may have exceeded the bounds of you parameters defining this issue*, I'll simplify what I've written:

I support the Theory of Evolution, but I find your efforts to do so rather weak and dogmatic.

 *Are ye fer us, er are ye agin us?


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
j-schumann wrote:SHALOM;The

j-schumann wrote:

SHALOM;The question posted is answered by the HOLY ONE of Israel [Psalm
14.1].YESHUA  is the JUDGE to whom we must all  give account [John
1-8,14-21,Rev.20-21.8].You do not have to believe him ,does it matter to
him ? No?The haters of the SON of GOD just have to be as brazen
[foolish],when their face  the TRUTH [eternity with all haters of the love
of the TRUTH[John 14.1-6,Acts 17.22-34,2 Thess. 1-2] for their  willfull
disobedience and lies their deceived themselves  and many others with
their pride and contempt of the TRUTH [Romans 1-8,Jude 1].I used the
K.J.VERSION at YAHOO,BIBLEGATEWAY. COM .John

At first I thought you were Jewish then I saw the NT quotes.

Yashua aka Jesus is not the judge per words attributed to him in Luke 12:14 where he says "And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?" and in John 5:19 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." and in John 5:30 "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

Jesus says he is a rubber stamp for the Father as he can do nothing but what the Father does. Paul the deceiver says all sorts of things which should be considered as to the source, Paul.

Revelation is a meaningless drivel by a writer on hallucinogenics or is a complete analogy based in fantasy not reality. Please do watch out for the stars that will fall to the Earth according to John the delusional.

Paul the deceiver wrote most of the NT and is such an unbelievable character. I suspect he escaped with all the cash he collected using part to purchase his Roman citizenship. Funny, James and the Jerusalem Church have nothing to do with him after they find out he is Roman.

 

don wrote:

Depending on context, evolution can be a fact or "just a theory". It is a
fact that evolutionary changes in organisms have been observed. The Theory
of Evolution attempts to explain how we, and the other critters, became
what we are today.  Please look at the Wikipedia entry for theory.
Remember that gravity is just a theory, too. In short, I hate it when
people spoil a valid argument by being sloppy.
Also a bit disappointed that rational people, such as yourselves, seek to
eradicate thoughts. Shouldn't you instead seek to promote critical
thinking, which should eliminate irrationality? Just a thought.

I disagree with your view that we seek to eradicate thoughts. I promote thinking for yourself, investigation and critical thought. If more people realize the irrational basis of their beliefs the world will get just a bit better.

 

logan.mckinney wrote:

hey.

have fun in hell.

I <3 jesus...and he still loves you. because he's a good man.

unlike you people.

Dead men have difficulty loving. Thanks for the "warm" wishes.

 

Tim wrote:

You guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into. You have no clue
what you are doing. I will pray for all of you....you are all going to need
it.

God bless.

You have no idea what delusion you live in. In the meantime we will think for you.

 

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
Posts: 440
Joined: 2008-02-07
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

 

 

___________________________________

From: don@txhunt.us
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:43 PM
Subject: [General Question] Evolution

Don Hunt sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

Depending on context, evolution can be a fact or "just a theory". It is a
fact that evolutionary changes in organisms have been observed. The Theory
of Evolution attempts to explain how we, and the other critters, became
what we are today.  Please look at the Wikipedia entry for theory.
Remember that gravity is just a theory, too. In short, I hate it when
people spoil a valid argument by being sloppy.
Also a bit disappointed that rational people, such as yourselves, seek to
eradicate thoughts. Shouldn't you instead seek to promote critical
thinking, which should eliminate irrationality? Just a thought.

 

_________________________________

From: logan.mckinney@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:09 AM
Subject: [General Question] ....

logan sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

hey.

have fun in hell.

I <3 jesus...and he still loves you. because he's a good man.

unlike you people.

 

_________________________________

From: seifercd@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 7:51 PM
Subject: [General Question] You have no idea.

Tim sent a message using the contact form at
http://www.rationalresponders.com/contact.

You guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into. You have no clue
what you are doing. I will pray for all of you....you are all going to need
it.

God bless.

1. So what is your theory on the origins of life? Do you believe in a literal translation of genesis? If so where is your proof for creation? The theory of evolution is just that, a scientific theory proposed with ample evidence backing up the claims. Sure it's almost become as dogmatic as religion, but science has at least one thing going in favor of it, research through peer reviewed sources. How many times has creationism been through such a process? God creation has no falsifiability so there can be no review. At the end of the day both sides require a certain amount of "belief" that the average person cannot understand. Besides, who says evolution cannot be guided by some sky daddy anyways? Many religious groups have found no problems accepting evolution at some level.

2. Is god a man? I always thought gawd was some sort of superman. Define hell if you would. If by agonizing torture I would rank the constant worship of a deity to be hell to me. Are you allowed to leave heaven? I mean there is at least one universe out there I would like to see and being trapped in heaven while I miss a sunset on a gas giant might be hell to me. Remember jesus told you to be more humble and think of others as better than yourself. I think it might upset your god that you are looking down on us like you are. The worst punishment jesus said was for the hypocrites so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

3. So what exactly are we getting into? Perhaps it is you that doesn't have a clue what you're doing. Thanks but prayer is useless. If you can find a study that says there is a positive corellation between prayer and positive outcomes I can find one that says otherwise. The silliest thing I can remember about church was the silly things people asked for. If your god has a plan for your life then prayer is not going to change its' mind. If someone you love is dying and their time is up then forget it. No amount of prayer is going to help them. Just grow up and work for things instead of asking sky daddy for the keys to the car. The sarcasism at the end did make we laugh though so thank you.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I disagree with your view

I disagree with your view that we seek to eradicate thoughts. I promote thinking for yourself, investigation and critical thought. If more people realize the irrational basis of their beliefs the world will get just a bit better.

If only everyone was smart enough to agree with me, right? How far are people allowed to deviate from your opinions and still be viewed as "rational"? That is the trap a thinking person must always strive to avoid.

--------------------------------

Many religious groups have found no problems accepting evolution at some level.

I've never seen where evolution and religion should intersect. One seeks to explain what happened, and the other deals with who or what caused it to happen. I know the answer to neither, although I do have opinions regarding both.

---------------------------------

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Exactly.

If you know, you don't think.

 


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Getting back to the hero of

Getting back to the hero of Xainity , of a Pauline design, as is the NT  .... there is not a single word written , nor a relic of the hero jesus special god man  ....  nothing.

What did a jesus know, you don't know ?  To be a christian is to be sick, an idol worshiper  .... an inventor or promoter of dogma.  Religion is fucking poison.

   I have read these words that are said to be of this wise jewish man , and they are obviously corrupted, perverted, and not the words of some one,  wise ONE ....  If there was such a wise one , the bible made a mockery of the simple message, as I tell you now, You are 100% god, and there is no master , and no idol to worship ....  how could there be ???

  I can not imagine a god before me, as to make an idol to worship .... No Master.

    


Brooklyn Antichrist (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
"Don", you are extremely

"Don", you are extremely ill-informed: Gravity is a Scientific Law, not a Theory.  Furthermore, you seem to be confusing the definition of Theory with the definition of Hypothesis.  Upon posting here you have indeed removed all doubt surrounding your status as a fool.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13663
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote:I disagree

Anonymous wrote:

I disagree with your view that we seek to eradicate thoughts. I promote thinking for yourself, investigation and critical thought. If more people realize the irrational basis of their beliefs the world will get just a bit better.

If only everyone was smart enough to agree with me, right? How far are people allowed to deviate from your opinions and still be viewed as "rational"? That is the trap a thinking person must always strive to avoid.

--------------------------------

Many religious groups have found no problems accepting evolution at some level.

I've never seen where evolution and religion should intersect. One seeks to explain what happened, and the other deals with who or what caused it to happen. I know the answer to neither, although I do have opinions regarding both.

---------------------------------

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Exactly.

If you know, you don't think.

 

Quote:
Yes, "what a bunch of retards" definitely promotes critical thinking. How is that different from the bible thumpers you rail against? Substituting "witty" comebacks (BuyBull,  you pray for us, we'll think for you)

I guess if I truely believed that I was Napolean that wouldn't be "retarded"?

You, "It's ok Brian that you truely believe that you are Napolean."

Do you want him to lie and say that superstitious drivel is healthy for the mind?

It is retarded to believe in an age where we have put humans on the moon and have wireless internet, to believe that an adult woman was pulled from a male rib. It is retarded to believe that human flesh can survive rigor mortis. Should realty be sugar coated to placate the emotions of people who have their heads burried in their book of myths?

If we never blasphemed bullshit people would still believe that the heart did the thinking and that the earth was flat. I am glad people have the guts to stand up to blatant fiction and unafraid to call a duck a duck.

 I'd like think that even theists can be mature enough to understand the difference between blunt honesty about a claim and the seperate issue of the person themselves. I have met many theists that I can be bluntly honest with who did not take it personally.

If you are not comfortable inside the verbal boxing ring, that is on you. But I have seen plenty of theists and atheists who verbaly duke it out without assuming that the other wants to oppress them.

Thomas Jefferson once equated the birth and death of Jesus as being in the same boat as Minerva being born out of the brain of Jupiter. Wise people who might have disagreed with him wouldn't shout "you hate me". They would have asked him "why".

People who have emotional kneejerk reactions to blunt honesty lack the intelectual bravery of introspection.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
The "book" of Brian 37  ,

The "book" of Brian 37  , godly