Hey! I'm kind of new here :)

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
Hey! I'm kind of new here :)

I'm not quite sure if I'm breaking the rules or not, but the description said "Introductions" and  just want to introduce myself. First off I must say that I nearly crapped my pants with joy out of finding this place! I never thought I could find people who are as athiest as I am. My name is Jenna and I am delighted to have found someone who isn't trying to suppress or control my mind in anyway. Just popping in to say hi and I am so excited! :3

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
 and I must say that

and I must say that Sapient is quite the looker! *blushes* He is reason enough to join the community! Eye-wink

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome to the forums, yes this would be the appropriate place. If you are not sure about the rules about in a specific section of the forums, usually in the first few threats (3 or less) is one regarding the rules of that specific forum. Feel free to look about, and as far as I know, it's alright to ask questions, better to ask and learn then never learning at all. Sticking out tongue

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!We're glad to have

Welcome!

We're glad to have you, and yes, this is exactly where you're supposed to post your introduction.  There are a ton of resources available.  I recommend that you check out the side bar, especially the RRS Authors and Free RRS shows.  Keep your eyes on the Video Chat Room, as we are often on the air live.

If you're ever motivated to slide us a few dollars a month, we have easy paypal membership for as little as $3/month.  (Yes, even that little bit helps!)  This is, by the way, the last blatant plea for money I'll make for a while, but it is expensive to keep this place up, and I want to make sure you know you can help if you want to.  If it's not your thing, enjoy our site for free for as along as you like.

Please don't hesitate to jump into conversations.   The more, the merrier.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Jenna.I recommend

Welcome Jenna.

I recommend wearing diapers if you ever met the RRS in person.

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
Thanks!

ROFL! Thanks for the tip! Laughing out loud

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please tell us your story if

Please tell us your story if you don't mind.

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
My Story

Well, I think I implied it in my first post that I am suppressed, but I'm not really. I come from a very open home where the parents did not force religion/god/other fairy tales on us and in fact when ever I would go away to summer camps my mother would constantly warn me not to believe everything/anything I might here or fall into the lies. I would only go to the camp and pretend to follow along with what ever shit they dished out at us (including the rancid food!). I made some very good friends there but they would cast me outside of their circle if they ever found out about the true me so I mostly always just keep my trap shut about such matters. Truthfully I found out about this site through youtube when I was searching for something from an oprah show. All of a suden all of these "Oprah Denies Christ" results were showing up which eventually led me to the RRS on tv video which led me to  this website!

As I said, I come from a very open home so my parents supported my decision to go athiest and my little sister's to go lesbo and here I am today, a functioning, rational, member of society.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!Hm another female

Welcome!

Hm another female member. Glad you found us, I was really stoked to find this site too. Stay around and enjoy.

That's pretty lucky with your parents. I was one of the more suppresed ones Eye-wink

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum 4ever!

Welcome to the forum 4ever! (really,  you will never leave! )   Smiling

Look around, jump in and have fun.

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

It is almost sad, how addictive this place can be.  But the people here are generally good people, very good at writing, and their wit is right on cue. 

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
thanks for the warm welcome! Everyone

thank you so much for the warm welcome! I have looked around the site and feel a bit intimidated by the writing skills and intelligence of everyone. Generally I think this could work out for me!

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
So where are you from by the

So where are you from by the way?

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
canada

im from canada! contrary to popular belief, we don't live in igloos! Laughing out loud

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
4everhalloween wrote: im

4everhalloween wrote:

im from canada! contrary to popular belief, we don't live in igloos! Laughing out loud

Another Canadian, eh?  Join the ranks.  You're nothing new, of course -there's lots of us.  This supports my idea that we will overrun the RRS.  Get a few friends to join up, if only to further my diabolical plot... which I haven't yet formulated...

Welcome to the forums.  Have fun.

Stop spreading vicious lies about our housing conditions.  We live in igloos, damnit, and don't you forget it.  If the Americans catch on they'll think we're good for something, which we are, of course, not!

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

SabbySu
SabbySu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome aboard Jenna!I too

Welcome aboard Jenna!

I too was totally excited when I found the RRS. I had been completely surrounded by religious people for way to long. I was so relieved to find that there are people out there that are free from the religious ties and even better yet, doing something to educate other people.

We have lots of very intelligent writers here. I was pretty overwhelmed when I found this place too. Looking forward to hearing more from you on the forums!

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums, 4ever!

Welcome to the forums, 4ever!

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy

Thomathy wrote:

4everhalloween wrote:

Another Canadian, eh?  Join the ranks.  You're nothing new, of course -there's lots of us.  This supports my idea that we will overrun the RRS.  Get a few friends to join up, if only to further my diabolical plot... which I haven't yet formulated...

Stop spreading vicious lies about our housing conditions.  We live in igloos, damnit, and don't you forget it.  If the Americans catch on they'll think we're good for something, which we are, of course, not!

Don't forget the sled dogs damn it.....I know I have one, typical canadian I am Sticking out tongue. With that said, Americans don't drink our beer, it's actual beer...not water trying to be passed off as beer, our beer is to strong for ya (as per an american solider that was arrested in 2003 for drunken disorder and public nudity, his defense was Canadian beer was too strong). Yes it's cold and dark, the land of the midnight sun, it is always snowing here (as per my utah customer that actually didn't believe me that we dont' get snow 24/7 365, we get boxing day and new years day off from the snow Sticking out tongue). Yes my american friends there is no reason to come up here, and no need for your military boys up here either, nothing but snow, igloos, sled dogs....real beer, yup nothing else Laughing out loud

i.p.
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, fellow newbie.

Welcome, fellow newbie.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
4everhalloween wrote: and I

4everhalloween wrote:

and I must say that Sapient is quite the looker! *blushes* He is reason enough to join the community! Eye-wink

Rook's cuter IMO.

Mr. XC
High Level DonorSpecial AgentWebsite AdminPlatinum Member
User is offlineOffline
Themes for subscribers

Hambydammit wrote:
...we have easy paypal membership for as little as $3/month.

Interestingly enough, we also have a darker theme called Halloween that is available to subscribers.  I do not think that we have advertised this feature yet.  Maybe because we have not decided if we are going to change the free theme to a one of these other ones.

Halloween:

Sunlamp:

Bluegray (all users have access to this):

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. ..." -- Thomas Jefferson

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the RRS forums,

Welcome to the RRS forums, Jenna Smiling

ronin-dog
Scientist
ronin-dog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the RRS

latincanuck wrote:

Thomathy wrote:

4everhalloween wrote:

Don't forget the sled dogs damn it.....I know I have one, typical canadian I am Sticking out tongue. With that said, Americans don't drink our beer, it's actual beer...not water trying to be passed off as beer, our beer is to strong for ya (as per an american solider that was arrested in 2003 for drunken disorder and public nudity, his defense was Canadian beer was too strong). Yes it's cold and dark, the land of the midnight sun, it is always snowing here (as per my utah customer that actually didn't believe me that we dont' get snow 24/7 365, we get boxing day and new years day off from the snow Sticking out tongue). Yes my american friends there is no reason to come up here, and no need for your military boys up here either, nothing but snow, igloos, sled dogs....real beer, yup nothing else Laughing out loud

I'm from Australia... we don't need pockets because we all have a personal kangaroo to carry our stuff Eye-wink

Zen-atheist wielding Occam's katana.

Jesus said, "Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division." - Luke 12:51

KathieG
KathieG's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Jenna!

Welcome Jenna!

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum,

Welcome to the forum, Jenna.

It's just like 'Cheers' but without the annoying laugh track.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:It's just

Abu Lahab wrote:

How's it going, Norm?

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:Abu Lahab

Watcher wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

How's it going, Norm?

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

Cliffy: What a pathetic display. I'm ashamed God made me a man.

Carla: I don't think God's doing a lot of bragging either.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0083399/quotes Worth a look.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eh, welcome eh? (shrugs)

Nice to see another Canuck on line and maybe we will take over the RRS they way we took over Hollywood,   and TV,  and....... Oops spoke too much eh?

And don't tell Latincanuck I never drink beer, I think it would brake his hoser heart.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

4everhalloween
User is offlineOffline
lol!

you all seem to have a good sense of humour and are very welcoming!! I will try my best to invite more Canadians to INFEST mwahahaha--er invest their time in RRS!! lol yes.... thats what I meant.... invest, not infest........

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
4everhalloween wrote: and I

4everhalloween wrote:

Wow, thanks for the compliment.  Welcome to the site.  

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site. You'll get used to the fact that atheists are just hotter. As I've said before, it's science, and you can't argue with science.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
latincanuck wrote:[Don't

latincanuck wrote:

[

I have yet to find beer strong enough for me, I'll have to find some here and try it. Can you recommend a good one? BTW, keep the lights on, if the repugnicans get control again, or even if McCain gets elected with his fundy running mate, I'll be defecting to Canada.

Welcome to the forums 4ever.  Check out everything you can, there's a lot to learn and discover, these folks are the best and willing share their knowledge.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and welcome....not

Hello and welcome....not sure if anyone has said it yet but yes this is where you post your introductions:P, as well as anything humorous and other general stuff.

I hope you have a good time here and am glad you're excited. This is definitely a great site to be at(am I done kissing ass yet? Laughing out loud) All who I've talked to here have been generally nice and responsive to your topic.

and P.S. yes Sapient is quite the looker.....ok I'll stop

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bulldog wrote:latincanuck

Bulldog wrote:

latincanuck wrote:

[

I have yet to find beer strong enough for me, I'll have to find some here and try it. Can you recommend a good one? BTW, keep the lights on, if the repugnicans get control again, or even if McCain gets elected with his fundy running mate, I'll be defecting to Canada.

Welcome to the forums 4ever.  Check out everything you can, there's a lot to learn and discover, these folks are the best and willing share their knowledge.

Well for both strong taste and alcohol level for a beer it goes to Quebec's Maudit (translation from quebecois is Damn) it's the one with the devil and the flying canoe on it (another local myth) it's has a stronger taste than guinness (aaaahhhhgggg guiiiinneeeeesss.....loooovvvvee guinness) and higher alcohol content at 8 percent, which is pretty strong for a beer. Although there are higher (hair of the dog comes to mine and it's CRAP) for maudit isn't that bad really. Oh and good luck getting the republicans out, hopefully it will work out for you guys this time around.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
There's stronger beers than

There's stronger beers than that in the US - 2 examples - Bigfoot from Sierra Nevada in California is about 9.6% while Brooklyn Monster Ale is 11.2 %. There are even stronger ones but they are very expensive.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team