Spiritual state of the nation

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Spiritual state of the nation

Quote:

America’s Spiritual Health

1. Are you concerned that our country on a whole is abandoning biblical values?

[89] Yes            [1] No               [10] Undecided

2. How dangerous are the following to the spiritual health of America?

Very                 Somewhat       Not very

The ACLU and similar groups                              96                     3                      1

Pro-homosexual indoctrination                            95                     4                      1

Abortion                                                            93                      6                     1

Islamic terrorism                                                91                     8                      1

Hollywood                                                         89                     10                     1

News Media                                                      87                     12                     1

Darwinism/evolution                                           85                     14                     1

Cults and false religion                                       82                     16                     2

Atheism                                                            82                     16                     2

Courts                                                               81                     18                    1

Apathetic/uninformed Christians                          79                     20                     1

Colleges and Universities                                    78                     21                    1         

Public education (K-12)                                      69                     29                     2

Congress                                                          63                     35                     2

Religious Freedom Issues

6. If Christians don’t take action, how likely is it that the federal government will pass a law making it a “hate crime” for pastors and others to speak out against homosexuality and religions like Islam—as other countries have done?

[78] Very           [10] Somewhat             [4] Not very        [8] Undecided

7. How important is it to protect public displays of Christian expression, such as the Ten Commandments, from restrictions by groups like the ACLU?               

[91] Very           [3] Somewhat               [0] Not very        [6] Undecided

Sexual Morality Issues

8. How important is it to prevent homosexual “marriage” from becoming legal?

[92] Very           [2] Somewhat    [0] Not very        [6] Undecided

9. Should Christians use the media (television, radio, print, Internet) to expose the lies of homosexuality and other forms of sexual immorality?

[91] Yes            [1] No               [8] Undecided

15. How important is it that the government require abortionists to tell women about the extreme pain their unborn children will experience during an abortion?

[87] Critical        [7] Important                  [0] Not important            [6]Undecided

Education Issues

16. How important is it that schools teach evolution as a theory rather than a fact—and include evidence for Intelligent Design?

[83] Critical        [9] Important                  [1] Not important            [7]Undecided

18. Should schools funded by your tax dollars promote homosexuality as an acceptable lifestyle?

[1] Yes              [93] No              [6] Undecided

These opinions are so ridiculous I was hoping it's a parody site,but doesn't seem like it.

More here: http://www.coralridge.org/specialdocs/2008ENDOFResults.htm

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Fanas
User is offlineOffline
Are this for real?Where did

Are this for real?

Where did they interview people? At church? Laughing out loud

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is the story behind the

Here is the story behind the numbers: ACLU top threat

Only 13,000 christians responded....with so many sects of Christianity, I wonder if those surveyed were all Presbyterian?

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is no way this is

There is no way this is possibly real. It must be a joke. There is no way humanly possibly that 90% of people believe that public education is a threat to the "spiritual health of America", or 99% for the justice system, or 99% believe that Congress poses a threat, or that only 1% of people are unconcerned about "biblical values" given that Christians constitute approximately 70% of the US population (and hence, equally unlikely that 91% of people decided that removal of the Ten Commandments from Public display constitutes a danger, and by that same token, it is equally unlikely that 92% of respondants decided that Intelligent design should be taught, or that 99% of people believe that abortion poses  a great danger to the spiritual health of America. Give the US some credit, it is much more polarized than that!

The only way this survey could be even remotely an accurate reflection of trends in opinion is if everyone was interviewed at Liberty University or at Pastor Haggard's Megachurch.

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
deludedgod wrote:There is no

deludedgod wrote:

There is no way this is possibly real. It must be a joke. 

The only way this survey could be even remotely an accurate reflection of trends in opinion is if everyone was interviewed at Liberty University or at Pastor Haggard's Megachurch.

Since it seems to be a church website,I asumed it was soley the views of that church. I know these numbers cannot reflect the average American population. However,it's still a scary reminder of what the fundamentalists think.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

Jiggles Vibe
User is offlineOffline
biased

nothing says it like biased.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:There is no way this

Quote:

I have no idea who the respondents were, but trust me.  If this was a Southern Baptist church congregation, I have no problem believing these numbers.  It's obviously not a random sampling of Americans, though.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I have no idea who the respondents were, but trust me.  If this was a Southern Baptist church congregation, I have no problem believing these numbers.  It's obviously not a random sampling of Americans, though.

Coral Ridge is a Presbyterian mega-church in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, so the sample is more than likely the congregation of that church.