Your reaction

Religious_Rebel
Religious_Rebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your reaction

So what is your reaction to this?  Laughter?  Depression?  Anger?  Personally I'm saddened by the way these people allow themselves to be herded.   I think the music makes it funny but still think it is sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

It is said the great ones catch teardrops in their hands.

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Benny Hin is amazing,

Benny Hin is amazing, he played a major role in curing me of a terrible illness of the mind that afflicted me as a child called, a disease called theism.

Catching his bullshit show on early morning television when I was 13 years old was the final step to me renouncing God. His bullshit made me an atheist!

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Obviously this is satire but

Obviously this is satire but videos like this do make a statement...

Many years ago I saw a non-satirical video of Islamic prayer rituals.  There were probably close to one thousand people participating.  It was watching this massive ritual that actually made it 'sink-in' to me as to how effective theism is as brainwashing.

Very sad. Sad

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
My reaction was: to go to

My reaction was: to go to one such show, let the guy push me around, and instead of being cured, fake he hurt my neck and then sue his ass for assault.

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
 oh my Joy  ....

oh my Joy  .... "Obviously this is satire" ////  NOT !  ( me just nit picking )

It is dead serious. That guy reeks of evil, like most all preachers. They need to be sued .....

Here's some satire,   

'Those preachers know god , you need their religion, you were born dirty sinners and are hell bound .... shezzzzzz , only Jesus was perfect, on your knees you scum bags, pay up, and I'll show you the way to heaven. ' ----------

giggles to TEARS to INDIGNATION .... freaks me out ..... [ me jesus has a real beef with the church ..... ]

AdvancedAtheist
User is offlineOffline
I hope Benny Hinn sides with

I hope Benny Hinn sides with Professor Xavier instead of Magneto in the coming war between mutants and normal humans.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
NickB wrote:Benny Hin is

NickB wrote:

Benny Hin is amazing, he played a major role in curing me of a terrible illness of the mind that afflicted me as a child called, a disease called theism.

Catching his bullshit show on early morning television when I was 13 years old was the final step to me renouncing God. His bullshit made me an atheist!

So Hinn isn't totally worthless after all.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

Mazid the Raider
Rational VIP!Science Freak
Mazid the Raider's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol, the music really made

lol, the music really made it funny. The way he was slapping some of those people around (especially the ones that kicked their feet up and threw themselves backwards) you could almost think he was passing himself off as some kind of Bruce Lee, instead of the embarrassment to humanity that he really is.

I've even read up a bit on that kind of thing - many of those people aren't even faking, or at least don't know they are. He's got them so convinced that they involuntarily do it to themselves, almost like flinching even though you know the blow won't land.

"But still I am the Cat who walks by himself, and all places are alike to me!" ~Rudyard Kipling

Mazid the Raider says: I'd rather face the naked truth than to go "augh, dude, put some clothes on or something" and hand him some God robes, cause you and I know that the naked truth is pale, hairy, and has an outie
Entomophila says: Ew. AN outie

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would love to get up on

I would love to get up on that stage.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mazid the Raider wrote:lI've

Mazid the Raider wrote:

l

I've even read up a bit on that kind of thing - many of those people aren't even faking, or at least don't know they are. He's got them so convinced that they involuntarily do it to themselves, almost like flinching even though you know the blow won't land.

I agree with you.I've been in churches where the pastor is running around 'slaying people in the spirit' and everyone he touches falls down.And yes, I was one of those who were 'slain' once. Do I think the hand of god touched me?No..I think what happens is a combination of emotional music, adrenaline, a want to feel god,and peer pressure.Everyone else is falling and when you get touched you just do it. If it really was god touching me he obviously wasn't that impressive since I became a atheist a few months later.

And ya,Hinns a kook.My father loves him for some reason.Makes me sick.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
You see the same thing with

You see the same thing with stage hypnotist. They never actually hypnotize people; the people just want to be hypnotized so they allow themselves to think they are hypnotized. I use to think they were all paid performers but it’s really just a statement to the power of the human mind or maybe the weakness.

Benny Hinn is a low life; he exploits the hope of suffering people. I rarely say this about anybody but Benny Hinn is better off dead. He has probably got the death of many on his hands but he will continue exploiting and killing people for years to come.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

FulltimeDefendent
Scientist
FulltimeDefendent's picture
User is offlineOffline
AdvancedAtheist wrote:I hope

AdvancedAtheist wrote:

I hope Benny Hinn sides with Professor Xavier instead of Magneto in the coming war between mutants and normal humans.

Careful... Magneto might have spies here.

“It is true that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. It is equally true that in the land of the blind, the two-eyed man is an enemy of the state, the people, and domestic tranquility… and necessarily so. Someone has to rearrange the furniture.”

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  That was the funniest ruttin' thing I've ever seen!

THIS SUMMER...

JACKIE CHAN...."CARTER! GET HIM! HIS UP THERE!"  *WHOOSH..BAM..KICCK *

CHRIS TUCKER..."GOTT DAYYYUM LEE!!  CRAZY WHITE BITCH JUST HIT ME WITH A BOOK A HYMNS!"

AND INTRODUCING....

*BAYYUM! SLAPP!*..."PUURAIIISE THE LAWWWD-UH!"

...BENNY HINN

IN

*WHOOOOSH...BAMM...BOOM*

RUSH HOUR 4 - BAD MEDICINE

"...your love is like BAD MED-I-SON!  Bad medicine is what I need...WHOA-O-OOH..."