NOVA -- Intelligent Design on Trial

qbg
User is offlineOffline

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sweet, I watched it already

Sweet, I watched it already on TV but I want to do so again.

Thanks for the link. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ken Miller rocks.  

Ken Miller rocks. thumbs up

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
I had recorded this on my

I had recorded this on my DVR and just got to watch it.

I found the things that the ID'ers tried to pull to be terribly, terribly disgusting. The Wedge Plan, the early revisions of Of Pandas and Humans (is this supposed to be underlined?), the backtracking of the business man and the older gentleman... just all bad.

I'm very curious as to why people can't grasp the difference between a theory and a scientific theory. Further, I'm very curious as to how people can even listen to what a lawyer has to say about science? Are you really going to get your scientific theories from one?

Further, did anyone find it rather suspicious that a business man who was new to town tried to get ID taught? Doesn't this raise flags to anyone else?

Shanks
Shanks's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd have sex with that movie

I'd have sex with that movie if I could.

phooney
phooney's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hot.

Hot.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to see it, but that

I'd like to see it, but that link in the OP is broken.  Does anyone know if it will air on PBS again?  I'm Canadian, but I live close to the boarder and get some US stations, I also have satellite and PBS might be carried by my provider.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
PBS will probally air it

PBS will probally air it again, they love doing repeats for their pledge drives. Smiling

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I read the transcript of

I read the transcript of Behe's testimony in that trial and I was yelling at the screen when the IDiot lawyer called it a "lawyer's trick" when the plaintiffs piled up the books in front of Behe. What they didn't mention in the Nova piece is that Behe not only was ignoring those books, he hadn't even read them. Not one of them. These were easily accessible journals that any scientist actually working in the field should have been quite familiar with. Yet Behe claimed that there was no published account for how the vertebrate immune system evolved. Guess it's pretty easy to say that when you just don't read the literature.

How can Christians claim moral superiority, or that god is necessary for goodness, when their own people engage in such underhanded dishonesty? One of the school board members actually tore down a high school student's work of art and burned it on the sly. Why couldn't he have just handed it back to the student and told him he didn't think it was appropriate?  

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  It's all there to watch

It's all there to watch on line ....

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/programs/

Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial (Nov. 2007)

Science is 'Exhibit A' in a landmark trial on the teaching of evolution. Watch now (108 mins.)

LINKS TO , http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/id/program.html , This two-hour program is divided into 12 chapters

Bill Moyer, (closet atheist?) , "Faith and Reason" series http://www.pbs.org/moyers/faithandreason/portraits_mcginn.html

Bill Moyer , "Buying the War" .... bummer .... http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/btw/watch.html 

....god of abe is wounded and dying !

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote: I'd like to

Thomathy wrote:
I'd like to see it, but that link in the OP is broken.

It seems the forum added two junk characters at the end of the url; delete them and it should work. 

"What right have you to condemn a murderer if you assume him necessary to "God's plan"? What logic can command the return of stolen property, or the branding of a thief, if the Almighty decreed it?"
-- The Economic Tendency of Freethought

theotherguy
theotherguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brilliant.  At first I

Brilliant.  At first I thought it was going the way of the IDers the way they were reporting it, but it wrapped it up very nicely showing how ridiculus intelligent design was, and how religiously motivated the school board was.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonEdge wrote: ...did

CrimsonEdge wrote:
...did anyone find it rather suspicious that a business man who was new to town tried to get ID taught? Doesn't this raise flags to anyone else?

Hey, it put North Haverbrook on the map; and now Dover, PA is on the map as well!

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loved it.  I highly

Loved it.  I highly recommend the trial transcripts for anyone who cares to read them.  The link worked when I deleted the characters... never even thought to check for that.  I believe my very favourite part is the judge's ruling.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."