Did the RRS ever debate this girl?

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did the RRS ever debate this girl?

This girl who's myspace url is   http://www.myspace.com/Penelope1985

She chats under the name Penelope, Claims that she made Rook cry in a debate and that you guys didn't air it because of that. She tried to prove that I was "Irrational" by asking me "Does 1+1 always equal 2?" , She also says evolution is a failed theory.  I myself think she is a liar who is just doing whatever she can to spread her Creationist propaganda. But if anyone gets a chance feel free to Send her a message and encourage her to put her money where her mouth is and come on the show. She needs to be put in her place. 

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
Given that her blog is only

Given that her blog is only open to friends - perhaps to prevent the woeful arguments that she gives being given a good going over - I'm not inclined to take her seriously.

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote: This

Pathofreason wrote:

This girl who's myspace url is http://www.myspace.com/Penelope1985

She chats under the name Penelope, Claims that she made Rook cry in a debate and that you guys didn't air it because of that. She tried to prove that I was "Irrational" by asking me "Does 1+1 always equal 2?" , She also says evolution is a failed theory. I myself think she is a liar who is just doing whatever she can to spread her Creationist propaganda. But if anyone gets a chance feel free to Send her a message and encourage her to put her money where her mouth is and come on the show. She needs to be put in her place.

I remember this girl.  Rook tried to get her on the show several times, she never came.   

Voided
User is offlineOffline
She is out there... She had

She is out there...

She had being doing stuff on myspace for awhile. I first saw and talked to her in the chat. She joined up with a myspace group that is against the rrs. A bunch of them came on to my blog once over a bulletin I re-posted on my blog.

They disagreed with each other half the time and couldn't make very good points even with their numbers.

xamination
xamination's picture
User is offlineOffline
...and this is why I'm on

...and this is why I'm on facebook.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Oh yes i remember this

Oh yes i remember this tard, i am sorry  but i can't be nice wit this one.  She tried this convo on me.  (won't be verbatium but close enough)

her: Define Up to prove your rationality

me: Up is a relational direction

her: define direction

me: the spatial relation between something and the course along which it points or moves;

her: define spatial

me: "pertaining to space"

her: define pertaing

and on and on. I tried to ask her to tell me the parameters for which she'd except the defination, she said she wasn't going to give me the answer. Then i said fine tell mehow to define it, she said she wouldn't unless i forfeirt. I then left the room never to be in her fucktarded  presence again. I can not stand that person, and  I am very accepting and can stand almost everyone i meet, she is the exception.

*go hits the wall in anger just from the memory* 

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks!

I am gonna try to get her to come on the show but I doubt I will have much success.  She is probably one of the most insane irrational people I have ever delt with. I can usually find common ground to discuss things with people and try to be as nice as I can but this psycho flat out attacks and runs. I mean she won't accept anything I tell her and she thinks that no matter what science I reference she claims that Science is bias and is trying to destroy religion. I am afraid that she is a lost cause. Frown

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Blog entry about

Blog entry about "hate":

Penelope wrote:
Anyway, what does this have to do with 'so-called' atheists? First, let me say I've never talked with a person who could convince me they truly believe God doesn't exist. That includes my uncle and my great-uncle. Both avowed 'atheists'… who are… really… just angry at God. That's it! That's what it ALWAYS comes down too. They're angry at God. This also fits perfectly with scripture. Romans 12:3 says "…God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." The measure of faith? I call that the hard-wiring in our psyche that God DOES exist. Every culture in all of history has worshiped some sort of god. It's built in. Man was created to fellowship with God, so naturally God pre-programmed us to know He exists.

Blog about "propaganda":
Penelope wrote:
Joseph Goebbels was Adolf Hitler's Propaganda Minister. Goebbels is credited with this statement about propaganda, vs. truth. "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the state can shield the people from the political, economic or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the state to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie and thus by extension the truth is the greatest enemy of the state."

Regarding Islam:
Penelope wrote:
If you will notice any members of these three groups next time they are being questioned, I'm sure you will find that they will refuse to give direct answers to simple questions. A straight "I don't know" can be honest, but they are seldom honest. They aren't honest with themselves, which is the saddest and scariest part.

She just sounds like a corn pone yack fest to me. I see a lot of claims and comparisons, but no substance. She's probably just bitter about her insulated middle-state existence. EDIT: I wanted to mention her impeccable grammar... which is in the unfortunate service of a girl lacking any creativity. Her blogs read like eighth grade essays.