Carrier show - you were right about the audio quality

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline

I completely agree with Sapient, the audio quality does make the Carrier show almost unlistenable. It really is hard to decipher, and very unpleasant to listen to. I guess we've come to expect better, but I'm not sure that episode is broadcastable - imagine what streaming it will do to the quality.

:-x

I was really looking forward to this show, but it really sucks to listen to it.

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

I find myself at a loss for words with the quality of that show. Puzzled I was so extremely unsatisfied with the way it turned out. It is definetly not indicative of the type of show we've been putting out. The audio on it when it first was listened to, was even worse then what you hear now. I tweaked it and made it better, and it still sounds like shit.

I'm sorry listeners. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Didn't listen to that one yet, but I noticed the sound cutting out for a second or 2 a few places on the one with the guy who says he's Jesus. I donated $10 to the sound system upgrade last night.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

Thanks Matt. There are various levels of improvements we can make. Starting at $50 which should reduce echos all the way up to: $500 (start up) plus another $60 per month to integrate a hard wire phone directly into our system which will give us the typical sound your familiar with from radio shows. Depending on what that fund receives will help determine this extra purchase.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Ouch. Listening to it right now. Something definitely happened before that one.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Though really, to be fair, the quality was actually still much better than that of the local commercial radio station I listen to at work.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
User is offlineOffline

Well I wasn't there for the Carrier interview, so I blame God and his ire for Sapient. Good to know I'm still on the Big Guy's good side even with all the smack I talk about Him.

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world. - Richard Dawkins

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yellow_Number_Five wrote:
Well I wasn't there for the Carrier interview, so I blame God and his ire for Sapient. Good to know I'm still on the Big Guy's good side even with all the smack I talk about Him.

Yeah buddy, wait till you die and go to HELL!!!!! If you want salvation from your sinful ways, you must send me a check in the amount of 1,000 holy dollars. Sacrifice and repentance is waht is going to save you now. Please make the check payable to LEFT OF LARRY---GOD ALMIGHTY!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

When does # 14 come out, by the way?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

'Aight. It came tonight. Cool. Cool

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Just out of curiousity, what would be the chance of getting Anne Laurie Gaylor and Dan Barker to join the site? That would rule!

Sapient
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
Just out of curiousity, what would be the chance of getting Anne Laurie Gaylor and Dan Barker to join the site? That would rule!

Join the site, that would be easy. Participation on a regular basis, that would be a different story.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Probably true, as busy as they are.