I'd rather believe in a myth than be without Jesus.

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd rather believe in a myth than be without Jesus.

FIRST EMAIL TO US:

Quote:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 29, 2006 12:52 AM

hey i just find your site sooo hilarious. will my friend request be rejected cause i love jesus?? haha i respect your guy's beliefs. but is it rational the way you all are trying to shoot down another person's personal beliefs? aren't you in a way being like a fundamentalist group of your own?? haha so fun. i just want you to know that I am a smart kid who is rationally in love with Jesus. Cause He's saved me from my own destruction sooo many times. i know there are a lot of people who claim to be christians, such as president bush, a bunch of stupid republicans, and televangilists, who dont get what is all about. Jesus Christ hated religion, He was all about love and peace. People have formed this religion, that Jesus probably wouldnt have wanted anything to do with. anyways, i know that this one little message from another irrational crazy Christ follower probably wont change your guy's minds. i just hope that we can all show equal respect for everyones personal beliefs. thats the rational thing eh? and i want to end this with the your guy's favorite phrase:

JESUS LOVES YOU!

and im really not mocking your site. totally know what its like to be passionate about something.

OUR RESPONSE:
----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Sep 28, 2006 9:59 PM

Nice email. While you seem nice and I would have no problem respecting you as a person, if I truly respected you I wouldn't respect your beliefs, unless you could defend then logically, coherently, and with evidence. I would hope you'd do the same for me as a friend.

You may want to read this to get a better idea of who we are:
http://www.rationalresponders.com/an_atheist_manifesto_by_sam_harris

SHE RESPONDS. HER RESPONSE IN QUOTES, OURS IN BOLD.

Quote:
ah i see. so does that mean that you only respect a person 100 percent if they have the same exact views as you??

You weren't listening. I said I respect you as a person!

Quote:
ok look, i could defend my beliefs logically and all that jazz but i don't believe your heart would be open to it. im not saying its not worth it, cause it is for sure. i just know that at this point you probably only want me to defend my views in that way so you can shoot them down as fast as you can. which is cool. but id rather just say this:

You could always do it on our message board where it is much more than just me posting. www.rationalresponders.com

Quote:
i have seen miracles.

i have had my life literally saved by Jesus.

even today Jesus got me all around seattle, which is a miracle because ive never driven there. haha i just said: God I need to get home, please take me there." and i just followed that stilll small voice, and i did.

look the truths in the Bible have saved me, have healed me.

Isn't it a shame I don't have this same evidence? Why do you think God wont present me with the same evidence? I'm a good person, grew up Christian, love my neighbor... why do you deserve the proof, and I don't? Because God hasn't provided the proof for me, I will burn in hell, and he knew this before I was born if he's all knowing.

Quote:
and i think that your heart is too closed to allow any of this to be heard. i'll be praying for you. truly, i just did. Smiling

First, my heart isn't open... my BRAIN is. And please don't presume, you're not good at it. As for prayer: What is the purpose of prayer? What can a finite being on Earth possibly tell an omnipotent, omniscient deity that he doesn't know already? 1.) Humans can't change God's mind for he has a divine plan and is unchangeable. 2.) Prayer can't change God's mind. 3.) Prayer doesn't change anything.

Quote:
Jesus knows your hurts. He knows your times of deep lonliness and He is the only One who knows your deepest thoughts, worst fears, biggest hopes, and still loves you.

Good for Jesus.

Quote:
by know you have stopped reading most likely cause im doing that good old 'christian' ranting thing. my heart is literally aching for you. satans does such a good job at blinding this world from Jesus and whats said is fake christians have helped him do it.

No hun, I'm still reading, and relax. Please relax, don't hurt. I don't want you to hurt over reality. There is no satan that has blinded me. If there is, this is all gods fault anyway. He created Satan knowing what would happen, that Satan would be successful in blinding good people, and God created those people for eternal torture.

Quote:
look im sure id take the time to throughly investigate what you guys are all about, but the bottom line is:

Ok, so go ahead. Listen to some of our shows, they're free.

Quote:
i have tasted the gift of true life and theres no way in hell im going back to what life was like without my Jesus.

I "taste the gift of true life" everyday, there is nothing you can't experience or do as a Christian that one can't do as an atheist.

Quote:
i would rather live this life believing in some myth than live without Jesus.

Well then go on, with your delusional world. Clearly you are beyond help.

Quote:
guess what the great news is?...

its not a friggin myth!!!

Yeah it is.

Quote:
haha yay for being loved unconditionally!

I'm loved unconditionally by people in my life

Quote:
yay for being saved!

I don't need to be saved. I've already realized how cruel the notion is that I should have the need to be saved from something is.

Quote:
yay for having something more to live for!

I have a ton to live for, including helping people like you overcome a lifetime of delusion.

Quote:
dude, this is such good news ive got, sorry if i seem a little irrational.

Apology accepted.

Quote:
but you know whats awesome? People called Jesus irrational. haha thats awesome.

Where? Give me a passage.

Quote:
and just so you know, im not trying to be like "im like Jesus, and im perfect and your a sinner, but ill be praying for you." im the most selfish, ridiculous person on earth and i fail everyday and Jesus takes me back everytime. Im the sinner saved by Grace.

Saved from what? When you say hell... answer "Who created hell?" When you say "Satan" answer "Who created Satan?" When you say God answer "Did God know when he created Satan that Satan would create hell?"

P.S. god created hell.

Quote:
hope you read all the way cause boy, it took me some time. Smiling

I'm done. Answer all of the questions I posed instead of ranting, or I'll move on to someone else.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Not really anything new

Not really anything new here....

DrFear
User is offlineOffline
it's kind of scary in a

it's kind of scary in a mental asylum kind of way how she keeps neurotically saying "hooray" and giggling about shit....ok, we see that it makes you ridiculously happy, it's not going to make us want to feel that way.....it's just unnerving....

Fear is the mindkiller.

Steve-Ho
Steve-Ho's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know man, reading that,

You know man, reading that, kind of scared me. Christains have something wrong with there head. reading that was like talking to my little brother that is high all the time. Riding on a Magic Carpet. or singing puff the magic dragon....

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
What? Her idea of a miracle

What? Her idea of a miracle is that Jesus got her around Seattle?

Jawdropping!

Is she the stupidest person ever?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Sounds a little hyper, too.

Sounds a little hyper, too.

ellechero
ellechero's picture
User is offlineOffline
They all say the same damn

They all say the same damn things, over and over.

No matter how many times they fail to convince someone that 1+1=11, they just keep repeating the same stupid argument.

I really don't know how you guys find the patience to answer these folks but bravo for you're having it in spades.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ellechero wrote:They all say

ellechero wrote:
They all say the same damn things, over and over.

No matter how many times they fail to convince someone that 1+1=11, they just keep repeating the same stupid argument.

Just last night I was thinking how the mailbag forum would be three times the size if we actually posted all of our correspondences. There are only so many times you can post pascals wager or "there's no doubt Jesus existed, the question is did he do miracles."

Quote:

I really don't know how you guys find the patience to answer these folks but bravo for you're having it in spades.

I don't know either. Does calling someone an idiot, if they're acting like an idiot mean we've lost our patience? We've done that a few times.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It does get to be like a

It does get to be like a broken record sometimes.

ellechero
ellechero's picture
User is offlineOffline
>I don't know either. Does

>I don't know either. Does calling someone an idiot, if they're acting >like an idiot mean we've lost our patience? We've done that a few >times.

Nah. That's like saying the sun is yellow because it happens to be yellow.

hartfield
User is offlineOffline
raeding this post makes me

raeding this post makes me want to smash my head against the keyboard. How damn annoying

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
neon wrote:What? Her idea of

neon wrote:

Jawdropping!

I find easier to get around in Seattle on Sound Transit and Metro buses and trains. Never heard of Jesus Transit. Eye-wink

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
This person is young,

This person is young, judging by the lingo. It's the parents that rape these children's minds that I despise, yes, despise.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is sort of off-topic,

This is sort of off-topic, but kmisho is onto something. I used to be a music teacher, and I can tell you from years of experience, if you show me fifty students who aren't going to cut it as a music student, I'll show you 48 sets of parents who are fucking up as parents.

I know that's harsh, but in 16 years of teaching, I can say there is a 100% correlation between a child's success in music and the parent's enthusiastic involvement in the child's daily practice. There is also about a 95% correlation between parents who don't participate, and children who drop out.

Like I said, a little off topic, but it's just some real-world evidence of how impressionable kids are, and how dangerous it is to fuck up their "programming" for lack of a better word.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

ImmaculateDeception
ImmaculateDeception's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What? Her idea of a

Quote:

You know, I had the funniest image in my head when I read tha part of the letter of Jesus driving people around town wearing a little chaffeur's hat. Next time I go to the pub, I'm using jesus as my deignated driver.

Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
ImmaculateDeception

ImmaculateDeception wrote:
Quote:

You know, I had the funniest image in my head when I read tha part of the letter of Jesus driving people around town wearing a little chaffeur's hat. Next time I go to the pub, I'm using jesus as my deignated driver.

Hahhahaha, priceless. ROTF
I'm going to draw a picture of chauffeur Jesus! Laughing out loud

Razorcade
ModeratorRRS Core Member
Razorcade's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christ Limo Services

How dumb could this girl be? She had Jesus for a chauffeur and asked to go to Seattle?

What, was the parking garage in Heaven full?