Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Zoo lion kills man who invokes God

Quote:
By correspondents in Kiev
June 05, 2006

A MAN shouting that God would keep him safe was mauled to death by a lioness in Kiev zoo after he crept into the animal's enclosure, a zoo official said on today.

"The man shouted 'God will save me, if he exists', lowered himself by a rope into the enclosure, took his shoes off and went up to the lions," the official said.

"A lioness went straight for him, knocked him down and severed his carotid artery."

The incident, yesterday evening when the zoo was packed with visitors, was the first of its kind at the attraction. Lions and tigers are kept in an "animal island" protected by thick concrete blocks.

Add this to the famous last words list: "God will save me, if he exists"

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Gee, I wonder what that implies...... Laughing out loud

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

He was only following his irrational orders:

MARK: 16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

I notice we don't see too many people preaching to animals. It would probably be time for them to go to Club Cuckoo if they did!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1149852565/Hungry_Lions_Versus_Foolish_Man <--- that is apparently the video of what happened, I cant see anything gorey happening, but really, at least the man was being honest.

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline

Thanks for this news, especially the video... shocking how idiotic SOME people are...

Read about that too in the UK news at The Register, but I thought it was actually a joke, as I didn't bother much to do research to see whether or not it's actually true...

I can only imagine what thoughts crossed that poor idiot's mind (if any) when the lion severed his spine...

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Probably "Oh shit! I guess God doesn't exist!"