Pastor Shoots Disabled Boy With Pellet Gun

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline

A Des Moines pastor shot a mentally disabled boy with a BB gun after he ignored the pastor's warning not to knock on his door, police said Tuesday.

David L. Reasby, 51, of Lighthouse Full Gospel Baptist Church was charged Tuesday with assault with a weapon, an aggravated misdemeanor punishable by up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Investigators say Dillon Carlson, 14, was shot twice in the buttocks. His parents noticed the wounds Monday night. The injuries did not require medical treatment.

"The man who did this must be a sick individual, and I hope he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law," said Steve Carlson, the boy's father.

Reasby is a former reserve police officer in Des Moines. He was credited in 1997 with helping police clean up a dangerous north-side park. Reasby patrolled Evelyn K. Davis Park with a walkie-talkie and discouraged drug dealers from conducting business there.

He left the department in 2004 after he was involved in an unrelated assault, Sgt. Todd Dykstra said.

Police said Reasby shares his home, at 1608 Capitol Ave., with a child-care center where Dillon Carlson was staying Monday. The house is near the church, which is at 1600 Capitol Ave.

Dillon reportedly knocked on a sleeping Reasby's door and was told to go away, but the boy knocked again, police said. Reasby warned the boy he would shoot if the knocking persisted, police said.

The investigation continues. The Iowa Department of Human Services will also check the child-care provider to make sure the boy was properly supervised, police said.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060607/NEWS01/606070367

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

What an asshole. Of course, shooting the religious people that come door to door with a pellet gun is a great idea! :twisted:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline

MattShizzle wrote:
What an asshole. Of course, shooting the religious people that come door to door with a pellet gun is a great idea! :twisted:

So shooting one kind of retard is bad, and shooting another kind of retard is good. Smiling

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Abandoned_Mind
atheist
Abandoned_Mind's picture
User is offlineOffline

I shot my brother in the leg with a BB with a forty-five degree angle ultra-long range lucky shot. I?m going to have to turn myself into the police.

The Emptiness of Theology
-- Richard Dawkins