Surprising Responss from Pakistans MIlitary Leadership Towards US Fundamentalism

Jamie Kitchen
User is offlineOffline
Surprising Responss from Pakistans MIlitary Leadership Towards US Fundamentalism

Hows it goin eh?. This is my first real post so here goes. Please check out the link below. I came across it while killing time reading the Bulletin ( of Atomic Scientists) Online.

http://www.thebulletin.org/columns/hugh-gusterson/20080205.html

I nearly fell of my chair laughing when I got to the last couple of paragraphs. A little over the top but a good read none the less. I would have loved to be there.

I can relate in a way. As a Canadian working in the US for the last 2 years I have noticed that there are some subtle differences conceerning the intensity and the relevancy of religion here in both politics and in everyday life that caught me off guard.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Jamie

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
The last quote is true, I'd

The last quote is true, I'd suggest however, if he wants to bitch about our fundies here in the states, he at the same time needs to take care of his own in Pakistan.  Both Christians and Muslims are contributing to this rush to the end.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Iqhman added the

Quote:
Iqhman added the Pakistani government would be willing to offer technical advice and assistance to the United States on improving its nuclear weapons handling procedures. Speaking anonymously because of the issue's sensitivity, senior Pentagon officials said it is Washington's role to give, not receive, advice on nuclear weapons safety and surety issues.

What a prick.

Sometimes I really hate this country.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gee I hope the American

Gee I hope the American fundies are happy now. They are giving rogue nuclear powers perfectly legitimate, inarguable excuses for not reigning in their own radical elements. The sad thing about that Pakistani general's comments is that they are 100% accurate and reasonable.

Nice to see that the Canadian invasion continues apace on these boards. Soon, soon, we will own you all!!!!!!

dr evil 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Nice to see that the

Quote:
Nice to see that the Canadian invasion continues apace on these boards. Soon, soon, we will own you all!!!!!!

Know anyone who wants to buy a bar and restaurant in the states?  I'm already planning my escape if Huckabee wins.

In all seriousness, I don't see myself in the US in ten years.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Jamie Kitchen
User is offlineOffline
You own a bar and

You own a bar and restaurant? Cool. In my twenties I kept guys like you well funded.

We are packing up and heading back to Canuckistan in early May. Moving into a small town called Shelburne in Ontario. I can't afford the health care here any more for the family and my wife is homesick so it is a no brainer.

If you are looking for some cool property to pick up in the great white north, there are a lot of churches going tits up so get you're bid in before they all turn into bingo parlours and Sikh temples.

Jamie

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Know anyone who wants to buy a bar and restaurant in the states? I'm already planning my escape if Huckabee wins.

In all seriousness, I don't see myself in the US in ten years.

Silly American...Canadians don't BUY things, we gently persuade people to give them to us. Then our government gently persuades us to give most of it to them. But it's all done in such a way that everyone feels like they came out ahead. 

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown