Attempted Suicide.

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Attempted Suicide.

Today at 1:00 PM, I tried to kill myself.  But let me try to explain how I got this far....some of you may find this stupid and it gives me no reason to try to do this, but everyone is different, some are stronger than others. anyway

My name is ***** to those who don't know me, I'm 17 and am a Senior in High School. I've never had a girlfriend, only been on one date, never kissed anyone, furthest I've gotten is a hug.. Long Distance Relationships are all I seem to get, and those really aren't even considered together, I see all these people at school with their girlfriendsa and boyfriends and they're all so happy...and they make it seem so easy.  But nothing seems to be 'easy' for me.

I'm failing all of my classes, I feel like I've lost all hope in myself, I've always been pessimistic. obviously you can tell that I'm depressed, I started thinking about killing myself since October, my mother doesn't know that I'm failing all of my classes, and my dad expects so much and it feels like he's just pressuring me everytime he asks how my grades are. The thought of what I want to do worries me, hearing all these stories about how colleges won't even look at you if you're grades are bad, I'm probably not going to even graduate.  The thought of my mom and dad hearing that I have to have one more year of high school makes me nearly cry, because I really want them to be proud of me.

When my parents figured out that I was suicidal, my mom got help for me right away, which helped for a little bit, I still had a lot of stress inside of me because I tend to bottle up my emotions. I have stopped going which probably isn't the best choice, but I don't think it will help.

Today my mom caught me doing something I shouldn't have been doing and was extremely upset, which put me over the edge, I had made up my mind. I was going to do it today. I was in my truck, garage door was closed, all I had to do was start the truck and wait......but I couldn't do it...and I have no idea why I couldn't just start the truck. Nothing seems to work, ever.

To the mods of the site: I understand if you have to remove this. 

{MOD EDIT: Real name removed for now.} 

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous
"If God doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." -Anonymous

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
You tried to kill yourself

You tried to kill yourself at 1:00 PM, got help, and are now posting at 3:34 PM?...yea

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
stillmatic wrote: You tried

stillmatic wrote:
You tried to kill yourself at 1:00 PM, got help, and are now posting at 3:34 PM?...yea

lrn2timezones 

Discuss it with your close friends and possibly seek professional help.  

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is dangerous ground.

This is dangerous ground. If this is true, posting here is not the best course of action. Call a suicide hotline.

THis forum is filled with people that challenge irrationality and can be brutally honest. If there is even a hint that you are untruthful, then you will get blasted.

Call a hot line.  

Tarpan
Special Agent
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: This is

wavefreak wrote:

This is dangerous ground. If this is true, posting here is not the best course of action. Call a suicide hotline.

THis forum is filled with people that challenge irrationality and can be brutally honest. If there is even a hint that you are untruthful, then you will get blasted.

Call a hot line.

I second this.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote:    This

wavefreak wrote:

Call a hot line. 

http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote:

Brion wrote:

Today at 1:00 PM, I tried to kill myself. But let me try to explain how I got this far....some of you may find this stupid and it gives me no reason to try to do this, but everyone is different, some are stronger than others. anyway

Your post sounds like a cry for help Brion, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Glad to hear your attempt was unsuccessful. 

Quote:
My name is ***** to those who don't know me, I'm 17 and am a Senior in High School. I've never had a girlfriend, only been on one date, never kissed anyone, furthest I've gotten is a hug.. Long Distance Relationships are all I seem to get, and those really aren't even considered together, I see all these people at school with their girlfriendsa and boyfriends and they're all so happy...and they make it seem so easy. But nothing seems to be 'easy' for me.

I hope I can speak for just all the "adults" here when I say this -- When you're 17 (or around that age), you just can't grasp how much things will change in 5 years, in 10 years, in 20 years, etc.  I, like you, had really bad experiences with girls when I was your age, and thought it would be that way forever.  I won't be catching up to Wilt Chamberlain any time soon, but I ain't complaining. Eye-wink  Trust me when I say this, that what is happening to you now is by no means permanent, and most likely not even an indicator of what's in store for you.   

Quote:
I'm failing all of my classes, I feel like I've lost all hope in myself, I've always been pessimistic.

I'm kind of pessimistic myself, Trevor.  Are you failing your classes because you aren't trying, or because you're having trouble grasping the material? 

Quote:
obviously you can tell that I'm depressed, I started thinking about killing myself since October, my mother doesn't know that I'm failing all of my classes, and my dad expects so much and it feels like he's just pressuring me everytime he asks how my grades are.

Hopefully, your father just wants you to do your best, and wants you to have a bright future.  Look at it this way -- if he didn't see great possibilities in your future, would he give a crap about your grades? 

Quote:
The thought of what I want to do worries me, hearing all these stories about how colleges won't even look at you if you're grades are bad, I'm probably not going to even graduate.

A happy life is not guaranteed by attending college, nor does not attending one ensure you'll be miserable.  What do you like to do Trevor?  What makes you happy? 

Quote:
The thought of my mom and dad hearing that I have to have one more year of high school makes me nearly cry, because I really want them to be proud of me.

Having to go through a 5th year isn't all that uncommon anymore.  Depending on why you're failing, you might be better off for it.  Either way, nobody's going to care that it took you 5 years instead of 4 in the long run.   

Quote:
When my parents figured out that I was suicidal, my mom got help for me right away, which helped for a little bit, I still had a lot of stress inside of me because I tend to bottle up my emotions. I have stopped going which probably isn't the best choice, but I don't think it will help.

Go back to counseling, especially since you admitted it helped.  Don't underestimate the therapeutic power of just being able to let off some steam.  Do you have anyone else you feel comfortable talking to?  It doesnt have to be a professional. 

Quote:
Today my mom caught me doing something I shouldn't have been doing and was extremely upset, which put me over the edge, I had made up my mind. I was going to do it today. I was in my truck, garage door was closed, all I had to do was start the truck and wait......but I couldn't do it...and I have no idea why I couldn't just start the truck. Nothing seems to work, ever.

Maybe because you didnt really want to kill yourself, that you're really frustrated and feeling lost and don't really know how to fix it?  I hope that's it, because if so, you're simply human.  You can fix it, with some help.  We all need help from time to time, it's nothing to be ashamed of.  Keep your chin up, kid, you'll be alright.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
We are not your

We are not your phycological advisors. I will say however the fact that you waited would indicate that you did not want to die. I simply think you are frustrated with how you think your life should go.

My advice is not compair yourself to others. If you want to live accept what you have and do positive things to build upon your good qualities and fuck what others think.

I have suffered from depression. My mom's operation tore me up. Her hospital stays put me through an emotional ringer and I was definatly on the brink at that point.

My most recent bought was upon the death of my 8 year old cat. To this day I still kick myself over the fact it turned out to be a urinary blockage, and IF IF IF IF IF IF, I had only. That tore me up. I felt like I killed him even though the vet said, and all my friends said there was nothing I had done wrong.

You can spiral out of control thinking about negitive things and allow it to concume you. Or you can find professional help and focus on the good things and build upon those good things.

You are only 17, dont sell yourself short simply because life is not exactly the way you want it to be. Get help for this and dont think you need to cope with this by yourself.

We cant be your couch other than to say, get help. Talk to friends you trust. Seek phycological counciling and even medication if need be. But dont think because life gets rough sometimes, that life is not worth it.

I am alive today because I didnt give up when things got rough, I am glad I stuck around. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the advice and

Thanks for the advice and understanding, I guess I'm just so afraid of not being accepted by my parents that I got carried away in what I had to do to make my parents happy. I understand that this obviously isn't the best place to talk what this, I just didn't know where else to go at the time

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion, and he'll starve to death praying for fish." - Anonymous

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: This is

wavefreak wrote:

Call a hot line.

Wave, this is one instance where your direction is apreciated. I have no problem blasting people who have their mental stability in order. But I will not take on anyone who is emotionally unstable. I do think most here are sensitive enough to realize that too. I wouldnt assume that just because we are harsh critics in certain situations doesnt mean we are incapable of compassion in times of emotional need. But I do agree that we are not equipt to deal with his problem.

This IS NOT a phycology forum nor are we mental health care professionals. This person needs help that we cannot give him at this point. I do hope he does seek help. 

It is not that we dont want to help, more along the lines of that there are qualified people better suited for this kind of situation. PLEASE DO GET HELP!

(TO THE OP)Many here have suffered severe depression and have found help to cope with it, I know I have, and you can too.  You cared enough to post this, which says you didnt really want to do it. I merely think you are just feeling desperate and in emotional pain. It happens, but it can be delt with without tunnel vision. 

GET HELP! No one here is going to judge you for getting help. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:
My name is ***** to those who don't know me, I'm 17 and am a Senior in High School. I've never had a girlfriend, only been on one date, never kissed anyone, furthest I've gotten is a hug.. Long Distance Relationships are all I seem to get, and those really aren't even considered together, I see all these people at school with their girlfriendsa and boyfriends and they're all so happy...and they make it seem so easy. But nothing seems to be 'easy' for me.

It may not seem like much now, but when I was 17, I had never been on a date, hadn't kissed anyone, and had never had more than a hug. Now that I'm in my 30s, I've had a really damn successful life. I own two businesses, have had very good relationships, and am with a wonderful woman now, and have great friends. Things have changed an awful lot in the past couple of decades.

For another thing, I'll tell you from experience that having a girlfriend is good, but it's definitely not the end-all and be-all. When I was a teenager, it seemed hard to imagine that I could ever feel apathetic about having a girlfriend, but it does happen. There's no such thing as other people making you happy. At most, you get to share happiness with someone else.

Quote:
I'm failing all of my classes, I feel like I've lost all hope in myself, I've always been pessimistic. obviously you can tell that I'm depressed, I started thinking about killing myself since October, my mother doesn't know that I'm failing all of my classes, and my dad expects so much and it feels like he's just pressuring me everytime he asks how my grades are. The thought of what I want to do worries me, hearing all these stories about how colleges won't even look at you if you're grades are bad, I'm probably not going to even graduate. The thought of my mom and dad hearing that I have to have one more year of high school makes me nearly cry, because I really want them to be proud of me.

I finished college in four years, even after changing majors and having to take a whole different set of courses which would have added a year normally. In retrospect, I wish I had spent six or seven years in college. Granted, high school and college aren't the same, but the point is. Five years after you're done with school, it doesn't mean shit. Nobody cares at all.

What I'm trying to get you to do here is look into the future. I know it can look completely bleak, but there are plenty of examples of people who thought they were at the end of their rope and then things turned around for them. Half of maturity, in my opinion, is realizing that some things are just going to suck, and living through the sucking.

Quote:

You're right. It is probably not the best choice. If you didn't like your therapist, that's one thing. There are others. If you just don't think that anything will help, that's a very good sign that you need help.

Quote:

Look, some things work. All or nothing thinking is a sign of depression. Depression can be beaten. If nothing else, your survival instinct worked damn well.

I'm glad you felt like you could post your feelings here. I won't pretend that I know the answer, but I will tell you that there are many people here who have overcome worse situations than you've described. We have had a member who thought about suicide when their life seemed completely screwed up -- AND they had family, including young children -- who were suffering as a result of it. I'm happy to say that they're still here and things have improved significantly.

I don't expect this to make you feel good, but hopefully it will help you to feel like there's something on the horizon.

[edit:  P.S. If your avatar has anything to do with the bad thing your mom caught you doing, please don't do anything rash on account of that!  There are lots and lots of people in the world who will accept you and not judge you.  Your family was never your choice, but your friends are.  Don't judge yourself by your family's ignorance.]

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote: Thanks for the

Brion wrote:
Thanks for the advice and understanding, I guess I'm just so afraid of not being accepted by my parents that I got carried away in what I had to do to make my parents happy. I understand that this obviously isn't the best place to talk what this, I just didn't know where else to go at the time

Name me one child, even adult, who can please their parents 100% of the time. I used to kick myself ad nausium because I never seemed to please my parents as a kid. I am now 41 and so glad that I got over that.

It is OK to be yourself, even if your parents may dissagree with you sometimes. You are going to have to find a way to get along with them untill you are old enough to be out on your own. But dont beat yourself up.

Bad grades can be rectified by getting a tutor or taking the class over. I passed highschool with |Cs Ds and Fs only later to go to a community college and then went on to a 4 year college. Dont think short term.

I too never had dates in highschool, and was emotionaly devistated when I did finally get married to only get divorced 3 years later. It is never easy being rejected, but it is also not a reflection on you. 

If someone doesnt like you for you or doesnt love you for you, that is their problem, dont make it yours. If someone wont be my friend because I am an atheist, I dont want them as my friend anyway so why would I care what they think of me?

I am also going bald slowly and missing a tooth, soon to lose another. I dont think I could walk into a bar and pick up a hot chick. I do have enough experiances in my life to know that if someone is that shallow I dont want them hitting on me anyway.

Again, you are young, and the angst and pressure at that age can seem insurmountable, but the reality is, AND HERE IS THE GOOD PART, it is something you CAN overcome. Life takes time and there will always be good times and rough patches. You dont have to allow those rough patches consume you.

Be yourself and work on being happy with yourself first. Dont spend your life trying to fit some immage someone else expects of you. I wasted my teen years and even my 20s chasing other people's immage of what I should be, insted of being myself. I am much happier now that I stoped trying to be other people.

I used to falsely think that buying certain cloths, or certain music that people would like me. I tried to please the kids on the block and insted, they picked on me and bullied me because I was trying to be one of them insted of having the respect for myself by being myself. I look back at it now and laugh at myself for all that needless insecurity that I allowed consume me.

It will pass given time and things can get better if you focus on you, not what others want you to be.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

stillmatic wrote:

lrn2timezones 

Discuss it with your close friends and possibly seek professional help.  

Do you honestly believe that someone who told their parents they attempted to commit suicide that day would be allowed to go around unsupervised in the same day? The story doesn't ring true imo.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stillmatic, this didn't

Stillmatic, this didn't happen all today, this has happened over the course of 4 months...my mom knows that I've been suicidal, but she doesn't know that I tried today...

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote: Stillmatic,

Brion wrote:
Stillmatic, this didn't happen all today, this has happened over the course of 4 months...my mom knows that I've been suicidal, but she doesn't know that I tried today...

What else are you doing besides posting here? Remember. There is NO CONFIDENTIALITY on the internet. You should be doing something else besides this.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brion, you've gotten some

Brion, you've gotten some good advice today from these guys.  The best advise given is to continue seeing the psych.  If that one isn't doing you any good then get another one.

I too had problems with getting any dates until I was in my senior year.  She dumped me as soon as I graduated (she was a year behind me).  Had another dry spell after that for more than a year.  I took the bull by the horns and decided to follow the advice (more or less, mostly less) of a friend.  He would go to a party and walk up to every woman at the party and simply ask "HI, wanna fuck?"  A bit crude and he got his face slapped more than once, but usually found someone who did. 

I'm not suggesting being that crude, but get the attitude that it's not important whether or not they say yes.  Assume an aire of confidence without coming off as arrogant and that will go a long way.

The biggest thing is to not stress over whether or not you're getting dates.  As another said your time will come.  Concentrate on bringing up your grades, that can help build confidence in you.  Work on verbal expression, you write well and I can see you're no dummy.  Don't try to impress people when you talk to them, simply be yourself.  That's more impressive than trying and failing to be something you're not.

Talk to your psych about your self esteem and find ways to build on it.  I used to look around at the other students and see the same thing you are seeing and wonder why I couldn't get that.  I had a problem with confidence and would get tongue tied whenever I tried talking to a girl to ask her out.

After I got into college my confidence increased and I did all right.  Yours will build too, especially if you work with the psych.  Hang in there, you've got the best part of your life ahead of you.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote:Stillmatic,

Brion wrote:

DISCLAIMER: Please get professional help.  I am not qualified to offer professional advice.  The following reflects my personal opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of RRS or it's affiliates.

I don't think what you did today was an attempt.  It was thinking about an attempt.

I believe you, Brion.  I really do.  And really...it's not worth it.  Life is short.  And it is wonderful.  Learn to love the bad times.  Learn to enjoy the good things and the bad things.  That's how you learn when something really is good.

I kissed one girl in highschool and it was a very brief relationship.  A matter of weeks.  I didn't kiss another girl until the age of 24.  I lost my virginity at the age of 25.  I've now been married for 5 years and have 3 daughters.

Dude, you're young.  Give your life a chance to get going.  You've only just begun.

Suicide is a choice you can't change your mind on.  I thought of it at your age too.

I am so very, very, very, very happy I didn't.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

RickRebel
RickRebel's picture
User is offlineOffline
RoisinDubh wrote: I hope I

RoisinDubh wrote:
I hope I can speak for just all the "adults" here when I say this -- When you're 17 (or around that age), you just can't grasp how much things will change in 5 years, in 10 years, in 20 years, etc. I, like you, had really bad experiences with girls when I was your age, and thought it would be that way forever. I won't be catching up to Wilt Chamberlain any time soon, but I ain't complaining. Eye-wink Trust me when I say this, that what is happening to you now is by no means permanent, and most likely not even an indicator of what's in store for you.

He's right. You're going through a bad time. Lots of young people experience depression. It's not uncommon.

Worst case senerio; you'll be in high school one more year before you graduate. Is that really so bad? Then you'll move on with your life and things will change.

You're only 17. There's a lot of life ahead of you. Some of it will be bad and some even very bad. But much of it will be good, some even very good. It's a wild roller coaster. We all go through it. That's life. And there's no evidence that we get another one.

Go look at the second hand on a clock. Watch it move. It's on its way to happier times.

Frosty's coming back someday. Will you be ready?

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Even if you fail at

Even if you fail at something, it's possible new opportunities will appear. Even if you're miserable, and fucked up, you can still find some way through it; and you'll come out the other side stronger. If you snuff it, that's very possibly that. Ideally, you want to have a HS diploma, so you won't have to worry about stupid shit like that later, but even if it gets put off, it's not the end of the world. In time, you'll be able to get perspective on what's bothering you right now, and it won't seem so potent and all-encompassing -- but you have to live to do that.

Talk to a shrink, and tell them about it over and over again until it's meaningless to you. Until it loses all power. 

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brion, I was told to fix

Brion,

I was told to fix one problem at a time and feel good for doing it.

Like taking a test and getting stuck on a problem while the rest of the test that you can do is ignored, so are the proverbial days of our lives.

I think everyone here has said the same thing. Some help with solving your problems should be first on the agenda.

We're still going to be here when you're back on game, ready for the world.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Edison Trent
Theist
Edison Trent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Note: This is just my two

Note: This is just my two cents, don't listen to me alone.

Brion, speaking from the perspective of someone who is much like you (I'm also a senior in high school and 18), I understand where you're coming from.  Teen years (especially high school) can be tough, we all get depressed, especially when we see everyone else with a girl on their arm.  I've been through that too...it hurts, but you just have to pull yourself through it, you'll find her.  Do realize something though...no one else has it together any more than you do.  We're all in the same boat, so look at life with confidence.  I'm sorry you aren't doing to well in school...is there something you love doing, that gives you comfort?  You just have to find yourself, your talents - everyone has them.  I found my solace in computers (programming), and since then I've been a better person....don't worry about trying to be good in every area, find what it is that you love, and run with it.  Hang in there man, we're all here for you.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    Hey Brion, I need

Hey Brion, I need all the friends I can get, please don't leave me ....

Lets go fishing, hey ever ride a sea doo ? More fun than even girls , way fun ....

what's your favorite food ?

Think of all the fun to yet have !

Get just a little older and you will have too many girl choices ..... trust me, and I'm an ugly fuck ! Smile 

Girl Dancing In...
Girl Dancing In Orbit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know where you're coming

I know where you're coming from Brion.

Whatever you do, don't bottle up, you need to talk. Go get some help, you're to young to leave us, the best as yet to come !

See you around buddy !

Si Dieu existe, c'est Son problème !
If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968
romancedlife.blogspot.com

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   I love you Girl

I love you Girl Dancing ....

, how bout you Brion !

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I know what it's like. I

I know what it's like. I just turned 34 and have never been on a date (though am currently in a long distance relationship - hoing to meet in a few months.) I have 4 attempts under my belt - last one in November landed me in the hospital. I understand. I would suggest seeing a professional - it definitely helps.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't know what it is

I don't know what it is about high school but every bad thing seems like it's the end of the world. You know that girl in your math class right now that is dating the captain of the football team? She seems more worried about getting a fresh coat of lipstick on before the bell rings than copying down the assignment during those last few minutes in class yet she had the highest grade on the last test. Now, before you start wondering if she's fucking the instructor I should probably tell you that girl was me.

I still thought it was the end of world when I wore the wrong dress or didn't get asked to Prom by the right person. Seems silly and superficial, huh? It didn't at the time though and therefore I can see how your problems can seem larger than life now. High School was probably some of the best years of my life but it the grand scheme of things it's only 4 years of many...

IMO, I'd keep seeing the therapist and I'd work on graduating. Perhaps it's not too late to ask your teachers for extra work of have your therapist explain your situation to them. Ten years from now, how many girls you dated in HS won't matter but being able to secure a job so you can support yourself will always matter. Just focus on yourself and before you know it, you will have built an awesome foundation for the 'perfect' life you want. What's more, you'll really know what 'perfect' means to you. I promise you some of those guys that are dating girls and getting better grades struggle with depression as well. Plus, they also have to worry about whether their girlfriend will get her period this month. Eye-wink

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
What the hell is going on

What the hell is going on with you people ?

Since when being lonely is such a problem ?  

Did you ever try to make peace with yourself ? Start from being happy alone, then maybe you will be ready to be with somebody...

Only because you got life for free it doesn't mean it is worthless. At least your survival instinct still works fine.

Talk with therapists NOW and then talk with your parents - in therapist presence. You have huge problems with dealing with stress.

Ecrasez l'infame!

Edison Trent
Theist
Edison Trent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: What the hell is

Quote:

What the hell is going on with you people ?

Since when being lonely is such a problem ? 

Why don't you just STFU... We're all trying to help this person, does it look like the only thing going against him is being lonely?  Maybe you should read the OP again.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Edison Trent

Edison Trent wrote:

Why don't you just STFU... We're all trying to help this person, does it look like the only thing going against him is being lonely? Maybe you should read the OP again.

Agreed !

Save the god damn sarcasm for some one who deserves it..don't kick a person when they're down....picking on a person like Brion who is already in pain is just plain fucked up.

Insensitive ass holes like Blind_Chance need to be taken out by a group of drunken Hells Angels and severely boot stomped.

Perhaps a few broken bones and some internal injuries would help B_C to gain some proper "perspective" about compassion for human suffering.

Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
User is offlineOffline
Help him ? I can't read

Help him ? I can't read with understanding ?

He is not your friend upset because he is failing a class or because his girlfriend dumped him. He tried to kill himself ! Do you think it normally happen to people ? You will not help him talking:” Common dude, half of my friends in high school never have a girlfriend”.

Since when are you a psychologists to have any knowledge to help people with such problems ? No I am not sarcastic I am angry and not ignorant enough to think I am able to help him. He doesn't need your compassion,it will not build his self-esteem. He needs therapist and then under supervision of psychologist you can be his friend.

He was going to made the biggest and last mistake in his life and this is more then irrational. I am harsh now, I don't know, maybe I was raised and I learn different values system.

Brion pessimist NEVER win, as optimist at least you have chance.

How can you know what will happen in next year or 20 years to say that my life is so miserable ? Life is only thing you ever have and you are young guy with whole future before you.

Ecrasez l'infame!

Edison Trent
Theist
Edison Trent's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: He is not your

Quote:

He is not your friend upset because he is failing a class or because his girlfriend dumped him. He tried to kill himself ! Do you think it normally happen to people ? You will not help him talking:” Common dude, half of my friends in high school never have a girlfriend”.

Yes, it does normally happen to teens.  We all go through a stage where we are depressed, think that we're going to fail in life, and don't see any hope.  Maybe you're different though....

Quote:

Since when are you a psychologists to have any knowledge to help people with such problems ? No I am not sarcastic I am angry and not ignorant enough to think I am able to help him. He doesn't need your compassion,it will not build his self-esteem. He needs therapist and then under supervision of psychologist you can be his friend.

Why the hell do you think he posted here?!  So we could all make fun of him like you are?!  Hmmm?

Besides...compassion helps, people need to see that others are rooting for them, that they have people who will back them no matter what.  I've seen it personally, I helped a girl I know get over her depression...she tried to hang herself, and she has had several situations similar to this one, like laying on the floor with a knife to her throat - she was very, very, depressed.  What people need is compassion and love...not people like you to blow them off.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   I think the all you

I think that all you posters have been really cool

BUT where's Brion ??????????????

Hey Brion , Puppys can really cheer a guy up, and and a view of the world from a small aircraft is way healing.

Go enjoy a burger at a small local airport and ask for a lift !  Tell them you gotta fly !

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Some thoughts. I think that

Some thoughts.

I think that you would be a lot happier with yourself if you didn't judge yourself by the standards of others. You seem to think that you ought to have had more intense romantic relationships by this point in time. You seem to think that you ought to be doing more to make your parents proud of you.

I can relate. For a long time, I did very poorly in college. I thought it was because I was a screw-up, a failure. And I know you know how that feels. Every new day is a struggle when you feel like a failure. For me, sometimes just getting out of bed in the morning was more than I could bear. I started avoiding people because I was paranoid about them asking about what I was doing, how school was... all the questions I didn't want to answer.

When I finally hit rock-bottom and started going to therapy, I realized that all the standards I wasn't living up to were ridiculous. Half of them weren't even mine, they were stolen by me from those around me, my parents, and too many movies. The other half were completely irrational.

You should put some thought into why you feel you should be who you think you should be. You might find that you come up short on answers.

In any case, keep up the therapy. If you don't like your particular shrink, look for a new one. I've been through several. 

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote:

Brion wrote:
Today at 1:00 PM, I tried to kill myself.

Brion, Today a family member of mine committed suicide. I wasn't close with him at all, in fact the relation is only through my son and I am no longer with my sons mother. I just want to say one thing... The scene of the incident was the most traumatic death experience I have ever seen in my life. Had he known how many people would be hurt and would miss him, he would've likely never done what he did.

I can't explain the scope of the pain felt by his immediate family members, even by those who have expressed a distaste for his life choices. It was incredibly sad to see the pain of those who were closest to him.

"Tough love" is better than no love, and from the sounds of it, your parents love you... toughly.

I'm not sure if this helps you at all, but it helped me a little to talk about it. I wish you well.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Brion,

Sapient wrote:

Brion, Today a family member of mine committed suicide.

And here lies our common ground. Regardless of our beliefs, these thing hurt. Brian, I am sorry for your loss. 

Brion
Brion's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry for taking so long to

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I've been trying to work things out. Thank you everyone for responding with good advice as to what I should do.

I told my mom that I was failing all of my classes, and of course she was mad(we didn't talk to each other for an entire day), but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted up from me, and of course she's going to be on my ass about homework and tests and what not(stupid finals!), but it's for the best.

I've made an appointment with my school counselorto talk about my grades with my mom(dad lives in California, and I still haven't told him) so we can talk to see if I can even just barely graduate/pass my classes tomorow.

I guess I was just trying to keep my parents happy even though I knew they would figure out eventually, and it would all blow up in my face.  I'm so used to hearing about that "perfect person" who had the perfect relationship and perfect grades and an overall perfect life, I just became so paranoid into trying to fit into that lifestyle.  Now I realize that not everyone can do that, you will always run into problems, some you have to hit head on and deal with the consequences, like with my parents and the grades.

I'm planning to see my therapist next Tuesday, and I really do like him Smiling Only part I don't like is that when I'm done talking about something he kind of just stares at me, creeping me out.

Thanks again EVERYONE for giving me great advice and Brian, I am very sorry for your loss, I guess I never realized that even if you don't have a great relationship with anyone and they commit suicide, it still has an impact on that person.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
  Thanks Brion for getting

Thanks Brion for getting back. You're cool, we will always be buddys, .... me grandpa ..... 

anyway, I was an honor roll student untill grade 9, then I said no more to school. Everyone freaked but I held my ground. I got a job and a car > Wow I was proud of myself. 16 and doing the town !

Then at 19 I went full time into junior college

I loved it , I did what felt right for ME, on my timing, .... is my point.

be YOU , true to yourself. Cool

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Brion wrote:

Brion wrote:

I'm so used to hearing about that "perfect person" who had the perfect relationship and perfect grades and an overall perfect life, I just became so paranoid into trying to fit into that lifestyle. Now I realize that not everyone can do that, you will always run into problems, some you have to hit head on and deal with the consequences, like with my parents and the grades.

Every body wants to be a superhero in a way or another Brion. And wanting to be above every thing that surrounds you is, not only normal, but even good in a lot of cases.

But there comes a times when you have to say to yourself : "I am only human after all."

You are NOT the only one in your shoes, I have walked a mile in them to, my self esteem was inexistent at some point of my life, and I wanted to kill myself in a very, very violent way... As a last scream that would of been indelible (or so I thought).

Not only would I have hurt a lot of people that surrounded me, but I would never have tasted what life had in store for me.

I am soooooo glad that I'm still here.

Death will come anyways one day or another... but in the meantime !

Try life...

It'll suit you really well... You'll see Eye-wink

If God exists, it's His problem !--Graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne (France), May 1968

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Sapient

wavefreak wrote:
Sapient wrote:

Brion, Today a family member of mine committed suicide.

And here lies our common ground. Regardless of our beliefs, these thing hurt. Brian, I am sorry for your loss.

From Fundamentalist Muslims to Arrogant Atheists, we are all humans Wavefreak ! 

Whatever we say, and whether we like it or not, we are all the same.

My condolences Brian xXx  

kafircake
User is offlineOffline
Say your attempt had been

Say your attempt had been successful, who would have had the honor of coughing all the way to your truck door? Would they have had to reach across you to turn the engine off? Would they have to try and drag you all the way out, before they could even take a breath again? Who would that have been? Maybe that's an experience you wish on them, perhaps you believe they deserve to go through that.

All that triggered because your mom caught you doing what? Huffing? Cutting? Masturbating to hardcore gayporn with elastic bands around your balls, your neighbors panties(he's sixty btw) and a 6D Maglight up your ass... ? you know just to check it out. I'm guessing you weren't studying for extra credit! Dude every single interesting person on this earth has done weird shit like that. It's not normal. Boring is normal. Sex and girls? Holding hands and being in love? Well that stuff just happens. You'll cum more on your own socks than you will with a girl. I use my old socks as planters and as an essential ingredient to my patented protein smoothies(not very smooth). And there is lots of time. (year max)

Counseling is mostly bullshit. It's a holding pattern, a delaying tactic a place in a queue for a parking space. People overcome shit in time, counselors like the credit, and they won't judge, and so they don't help. If you're lucky your counselor is either hot, or ornery. Ornery is better. Try CBT or DBT. They have actual evidence of effectiveness.

Right now I would fuck school. Go back get good grades later. You don't seem to be about to get them now. You might have more important business to attend to. (1. don't die. 2. smile a lot 3. make smoothies! Yum)

Talk to your parents, via letter maybe. Write it out then throw it away, just to see how it feels to even pretend to be honest about your situation, and your feelings. They seem to care, but they don't know it all. You can help them.

If I lived within 100 miles of you, I'd steal your truck. Now that's something to be happy about. :@)

Edison Trent
Theist
Edison Trent's picture
User is offlineOffline
kafircake wrote: Say your

kafircake wrote:

Say your attempt had been successful, who would have had the honor of coughing all the way to your truck door? Would they have had to reach across you to turn the engine off? Would they have to try and drag you all the way out, before they could even take a breath again? Who would that have been? Maybe that's an experience you wish on them, perhaps you believe they deserve to go through that.

All that triggered because your mom caught you doing what? Huffing? Cutting? Masturbating to hardcore gayporn with elastic bands around your balls, your neighbors panties(he's sixty btw) and a 6D Maglight up your ass... ? you know just to check it out. I'm guessing you weren't studying for extra credit! Dude every single interesting person on this earth has done weird shit like that. It's not normal. Boring is normal. Sex and girls? Holding hands and being in love? Well that stuff just happens. You'll cum more on your own socks than you will with a girl. I use my old socks as planters and as an essential ingredient to my patented protein smoothies(not very smooth). And there is lots of time. (year max)

Counseling is mostly bullshit. It's a holding pattern, a delaying tactic a place in a queue for a parking space. People overcome shit in time, counselors like the credit, and they won't judge, and so they don't help. If you're lucky your counselor is either hot, or ornery. Ornery is better. Try CBT or DBT. They have actual evidence of effectiveness.

Right now I would fuck school. Go back get good grades later. You don't seem to be about to get them now. You might have more important business to attend to. (1. don't die. 2. smile a lot 3. make smoothies! Yum)

Talk to your parents, via letter maybe. Write it out then throw it away, just to see how it feels to even pretend to be honest about your situation, and your feelings. They seem to care, but they don't know it all. You can help them.

If I lived within 100 miles of you, I'd steal your truck. Now that's something to be happy about. :@)

Oh yeah, let's all masturbate all day instead of working on getting our life back together.  Let's see where that gets us...oh look, it won't get us anywhere, because at the end of the day we've accomplished nothing and we're still in square 1.  Great advice kafircake, great advice.

/sarcasm 

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
kafircake wrote: Say your

kafircake wrote:

And who the fuck are you to say what's good for him ?

Next time you feel like giving your enlightened advises try to find a way to cum in your own mouth instead, it'll stop you from talking.  

kafircake
User is offlineOffline
No need to quote the entire

No need to quote the entire comment Edi, it just wastes scrolls. Scrolls have great value to my finger.

On a more serious note Edi, I think you seriously need to reconsider the value of seriously stiff socks.

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
User is offlineOffline
kafircake wrote: No need

kafircake wrote:

No need to quote the entire comment Edi, it just wastes scrolls. Scrolls have great value to my finger.

On a more serious note Edi, I think you seriously need to reconsider the value of seriously stiff socks.

And perhaps you need to seriously reconsider the meaning of life.  We don't live so we can sit around all day and fuck ourselves.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

kafircake
User is offlineOffline
What to your mind was worst

What to your mind was worst part of my comment? I could do with the advice.

Girl Dancing In...
User is offlineOffline
Telling him that

Telling him that counselling is bullshit is fucking irresponsible. It's saved my life.

Trying to guess, out of your fucking ass, why he did what he did is the proof that you are a moron.

And take this advise, stay away from this post. 

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
kafircake wrote: What to

kafircake wrote:
What to your mind was worst part of my comment? I could do with the advice.

Let's take it one piece at a time.

Quote:

All that triggered because your mom caught you doing what? Huffing? Cutting? Masturbating to hardcore gayporn with elastic bands around your balls, your neighbors panties(he's sixty btw) and a 6D Maglight up your ass... ?

Quit making fun of the poor kid. He's obviously going through alot, his suicide attempt didn't just come from his mom catching him doing something.

Quote:

This is really where you need to change. Fucking yourself doesn't do a damn good. What the hell are you trying to suggest, that he sit around all day screwing himself over ignoring his grades? How is that supposed to help the situation?! Ignoring the problem will only make things worse, you have to pull yourself together and find yourself, not sit around all day doing something worthless. Here, let me use my force powers on you:

Master Jedi Dan wrote:

You want to go home and rethink your life

kafircake wrote:

I want to go home and rethink my life

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

kafircake
User is offlineOffline
Brion

You dead? Hope not - save it for when you need it.

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
kafircake wrote: You dead?

kafircake wrote:
You dead? Hope not - save it for when you need it.

WTF?!?!