I got physically ill while writing my rebuttal to a theist.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got physically ill while writing my rebuttal to a theist.

http://tinyurl.com/3ypw47 <--thread 

Is there something wrong with me?  What JesusLovesYou said was just so much like the crap that was shoved down my throat, I was totally sickened.  Do you have days like that?  Does it mean I need to take a step back?

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think I deserve extra

I think I deserve extra points for my thorough response in that other thread...and for the headache and stomach ache. Sticking out tongue

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
If you think you are some

If you think you are some how over working yourself or getting burned out PLEASE take a break. Maybe all you need is a day or two without having to argue or research. There is nothing wrong with a little R and R Eye-wink

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori

Iruka Naminori wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3ypw47 <--thread

Is there something wrong with me? What JesusLovesYou said was just so much like the crap that was shoved down my throat, I was totally sickened. Do you have days like that? Does it mean I need to take a step back?

Absolutely take a break if you need to.

I feel my fists cliching too. But no one on either side of this issue needs to physically act out.

I am not adressing you per say. BUT both Christians and atheists get pissed at each other. I think the best thing is to take a break when you need to.

I would suggest that on any issue. Sports rivals exibit the same intense feelings. For example. I want to throw a brick at the TV when my favorite team the Redskins lose to the Cowboys.

BUT, I dont do that. And I certainly wouldnt beat up a Cowboy fan over a game.

Jesusloveyou and his words are going to upset you. Not because they are true, we both know they are not. But when you hear it over and over and over and over and over it becomes a broken record.

So taking a break is important so that you dont burn out or boomerange. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog