Child Artist

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
Child Artist

Hi, I haven't posted before, because I don't have the time to post on all the boards I'd like and chat about all the things I'd like to, but I hope to pop in here from time to time. Smiling

I'm an agnostic, just so you know, so my question today isn't being asked to try to prove anyone wrong or convince anyone of anything. I just want to know how atheists and freethinkers explain it, so I have some sort of explanation for the opposite view when talking with Christians (although I'm not saying they're wrong, either). I try not to assume that, just because one side makes sense or I don't have the information to prove it wrong, that there isn't an alternate explanation.

Ok, here's the question. Have you heard of a girl named Akiane Kramarik? She is a young girl, 12 years old now, who started drawing at age 4 and painting at age 6, and says she paints Heaven and things she sees, including paintings of God. Her parents were atheists, but after she told them what she sees and seeing her paint, they're now Christians. Her website is at http://www.artakiane.com/ .

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Child prodigies are

Child prodigies are impressive, yes.  I am not so sure about the story of her parents being atheists and turned xtian.  In her Grandmother poem and painting (age 5), I get the idea that she definitely was indoctrinated at an early age with xtianity.  I think her "atheist" parents must not have tried to explain anything to her regarding how the world really works, therefore her abilities as a gifted painter and poet have gone the religious route.  This is my not-so-humble opinion as I don't know anything outside what is reported on her own website.

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've only seen two or three

I've only seen two or three stories on her, plus the website, which I didn't look at extensively.  I didn't read her poems.  Supposedly, her parents were atheists, and she started drawing at age 4, painting at 6, but I don't know if she said God spoke to her at age 4 or earlier. 

Thanks for replying, Martha.  You may be right.  I'd still welcome more replies.  Smiling