Evolution comes from Kabbalist teachins according to memo passed among state lawmakers

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evolution comes from Kabbalist teachins according to memo passed among state lawmakers

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got: We are unable to

I got:

We are unable to locate the page you requested. The page may have moved or may no longer be available.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Weird. Try this one:

Weird.

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/3xaavz 

It seems like pasted links don't work if you follow them immediately with a carriage return. 

-Triften 

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Interesting.

Interesting.

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Sick. When will people ever

Sick.

When will people ever learn?

Redeeminator
Redeeminator's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZOMG!!! I just became the

ZOMG!!! I just became the new christian boogeyman. (again) Phe4r teh Kabbalists! all your churches are belong to us!

I see mega lulz ahead. 

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
When people want to believe

When people want to believe in something they will go to great lengths to find anything that confirms their beliefs, even if it grossly disotorts reality and logical thinking.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
The end of the article

The end of the article said:

"You ought to teach creation as well as the fact of evolution," Mr. Chisum said, though he said "all of those kinds of sciences have holes in them. ... But I'm not about teaching religion in schools."

Is it my imagination or did this guy say opposite things in the same sentence? (And this guy has been elected to something? Scary.)

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I think he has a good

Well, I think he has a good point you know.

All theists state that they have one god (*Canned laughter*), which is super omni max (*Canned laughter*), and this god made the universe and all of it's people induvidualy (*Canned laughter*), instead of evolving.

*Clapping*

*Commercial break* 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a rather new debate

This is a rather new debate tactic. I've seen evolution construed as evil, as antireligious, as a fairy tale, as a ridiculous theory...but never as a religious teaching.

this is reiterated by a post I made several days ago:

People only attack evolution because it condradicts the worthless holy scripture. I sometimes wonder if all scientific theory would have to undergo such ruthless assault. Evolution has had the hell blasted out of it, but it is still smiling. Imagine that electromagnetic induction was condradicted by the Bible. We'd have all sorts of "intelligent magnetism" sites on the web trying to exploit the tiniest loopholes in electroquantum physics and flux cutting and  oscillation kinetics theory.  

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, one certain site

Well, one certain site appears in the article: http://www.fixedearth.com/ - which is, by the way, one of the worst jokes anyone could ever play.

Oh well, if all people were intelligent in this world, what credit would we take then?

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
When all else fails, scream

When all else fails, scream witch.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.