Dr. Dino gets off "easy".

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dr. Dino gets off "easy".

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070119/NEWS01/701190332

10 years prison, 3 parole, about $650k fines and restitution.

Personally, I think he got off pretty easy. (Not to discount 10 years in prison, but that was a lot of counts of tax fraud.)

-Triften

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Hopefully he at least gets

Hopefully he at least gets fucked up the ass some.

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wonder if the judge meant

I wonder if the judge meant 10 years where 24 hours is a day or where a day is 1000 years. Tongue out

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Angelic_Atheist
Angelic_Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:

He's not going to that kind of prison.

Where his is going, the worst thing anyone has done was steal money from orphans.

We must favor verifiable evidence over private feeling. Otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would obscure the truth.
~ Richard Dawkins

drdoubleu
Theist
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle

MattShizzle wrote:
you're really crude, old man.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
drdoubleu

drdoubleu wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:
you're really crude, old man.

Pish, posh. That's not crude. Crude is writing a story where two girls get their father drunk and have sex with them (Genesis 19:30-36). Now that's crude. (At least in my opinion.)

-Triften

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
33 isn't exactly an old man,

33 isn't exactly an old man, either.

politicalhumanist
politicalhumanist's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's no "good time" in

There's no "good time" in the feds. Good time in state prisons in Washington is 50% the sentence for non-violent crimes; you get a year and do six months. One third off for violent offenses; you get twelve months and do eight. In WA county jails it's a third off. The only way good time is taken away is for bad behavior. Now the feds, when you get ten years - they mean ten years. Of course, the feds can be the nicest of prisons, with actual beds, yard to walk, sports, exercise gyms, descent food, etcetera. My buddy told me about spending a short sentence in the feds in Washington. He said either the immates were fat from eatting and sitting on their ass, or buffed and trim from working out in the gyms. However, every federal prison is different. Federal lockup for the most violent offenders is not very nice.

Oh, and what's with the ass fucking remarks? I've done a few "minutes" in prisons and county jails and never been fucked or fucked somebody else. There are some gays in prison. Do you make derogatory remarks about gays in society?

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
You know what worries me? 

You know what worries me?  That his plea to have Christians pay the money will be heard and that he'll never pay a cent of it.  The man's a quack and needs to rot for a while.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

Roly1976
User is offlineOffline
Yes, asking his followers

Yes, asking his followers to pay is just the final insult.

I love it that he cried on sentencing.  Where's the strength of the Lord now?  And why worry about ten years when you've all that everlasting heaven to look forward to?

Absolutely amazing that Christians are still sticking up for him...  what have you got to do to alienate these sheep, screw a gay rent boy, take a load of drugs and lie about it?  Wait a minute...

HumanisticJones
HumanisticJones's picture
User is offlineOffline
No no, that won't work. 

No no, that won't work.  You just get to go through 3 weeks of intensive spiritual counciling and get declared 100% straight.  Pardon me for thinking so, but I don't think you ever get to be a 0 on the Kinsey Scale after having sex with a same-sex partner.

The Regular Expressions of Humanistic Jones: Where one software Engineer will show the world that God is nothing more than an undefined pointer.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HumanisticJones wrote: You

HumanisticJones wrote:
You know what worries me?  That his plea to have Christians pay the money will be heard and that he'll never pay a cent of it.  The man's a quack and needs to rot for a while.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

closedingirl
User is offlineOffline
I thought he got off easy

I thought he got off easy as well.  Not so much the jail time, because ten years is a long time, but the amount of money he has to pay back.  My all reasonable accounts I've read about, he made upwards of one million dollars a year.  If that's true, he'll have no issue paying back the amount of money they're asking.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
closedingirl wrote: I

closedingirl wrote:
I thought he got off easy as well. Not so much the jail time, because ten years is a long time, but the amount of money he has to pay back. My all reasonable accounts I've read about, he made upwards of one million dollars a year. If that's true, he'll have no issue paying back the amount of money they're asking.

Its bad enough that these snakes sell lies. It is not illegal to lie. But whey you dont jump through the tax hoops required why should you get a pass?

I am quite sure that his followers would be just as mad as I was at what the Enron executives did. Just because he dodges the law in the name of God then it is ok? Why have laws at all then? 

Kent is a snivling deluded attention whore and that is it. He broke the law and he is playing on the emotions of believers.

Kent is no more a maryter than Al Capone or John Gotti. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

melchisedec
melchisedec's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is NOTHING easy about

There is NOTHING easy about 10 years in prison, not by a long shot.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Anyone want to bet he'll be

Anyone want to bet he'll be able to pick up right where he left off and the sheep who follow his teaching won't even notice he had ever left them?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin