10 questions every Xian should answer.

Dave_G
Dave_G's picture
User is offlineOffline

Mjolnin
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 OK, This is a testimony

OK, This is a testimony that can not be denied.

In the mid 80's I had a Dodge Omni. Everyday I would pray for a safe and successful trip to work.

Any time I made it I would give thanks to God. For only an act of God could keep that POS running.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Mjolnin wrote: OK, This

Mjolnin wrote:

In the mid 80's I had a Dodge Omni. Everyday I would pray for a safe and successful trip to work.

Any time I made it I would give thanks to God. For only an act of God could keep that POS running.

While I agree that the Omni sucked, did you not put gas in it, change its oil (or have it done), etc.?

Or did God do all that? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Mjolnin
Theist
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Mjolnin

jcgadfly wrote:
Mjolnin wrote:

While I agree that the Omni sucked, did you not put gas in it, change its oil (or have it done), etc.?

Or did God do all that? 

You are too serious. That was supposed to be a joke.  "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. The paradox here is that you can live with or without belief in a GOD. People trust God for protection but they still lock their doors, we ask God to provide, but we still work to earn money to pay our bills. We cannot eliminate the ambiguity within whether God helped or I was just damn lucky and that is the real purpose of the amputee question. The question removes uncertainty by pushing to the ridiculous. On a another note - No other person but Jeanna Giese has survived the rabies virus after the onset of symptoms.  Her parents give the credit to God and prayer. The fact that she is the only one should remove ambiguity. Does it?? Physicians cannot identify with certainty why she lived but to say God did it would invoke the God of gaps. How can anyone win???  

What cannot be simply explained is how uncertainty leaves when a point is reached when we know that we can’t continue on our own strength and ask for help, and receive it.