Christians: It's time to start attacking

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Christians: It's time to start attacking

Here's a blog that claims the Blasphemy Challenge is something that Christians should stand up and "attack"

I'll post the body of the blog in the next post.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Christians: RED ALERT

Yeah, if you're a Christian, this is a good time for you to stand up and make a collaborative effort against something worth attacking. There's a video on youtube that ruined my morning: it's some juvenile and juvenile minded people claiming blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which you and I know is an unforgivable sin. BUT, of course, people are jumping on the bandwagon. Not cool.

I hit the page up immediately and dropped a response to it. I encourage anybody who reads this to do the same. Tell your kids to stay away from it. Alert other parents. This is one situation we really need to take heed to just because of the nature of it; again, blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is an unforgivable sin.

The name of the page is The Blasphemy Challenge, and here's my response to it (had to chop it in three pieces). For anybody that likes to talk about Jesus all the time, this is a perfect opportunity to direct it somewhere where it's desperately needed. Don't miss this.

Blasphemy Challenge Link

Battlecataclysmic (4 minutes ago) I'm not going to debate religion with you people, because creating this abomination shows that you've already closed your minds to logical debate. But I find it amazing that you're willing to expend so much time and energy denying something that you don't believe to exist... if it truly didn't exist, it seems like all this effort wouldn't be called for.
Battlecataclysmic (3 minutes ago) To anyone who happens by this page and considers supporting the effort, why don't you be a rebel for a real cause and stop bandwagoning on foolishness to look cool. You're so gullible it's not even funny. I get sick of people trying anything to make themselves stand out in a crowd. It's childish, and one day you're going to grow up and discover not only that the Holy Spirit is real, but that blasphemy against it is the one unforgivable sin: Matthew 12:31; Luke 12:10; Mark 3:29.
Battlecataclysmic (2 minutes ago) The majority of you coming to this page didn't even know what blasphemy was until you got here; don't you think it's a bit early for you to talk commitments? Do yourself a favor: grow up, get some self-esteem, and don't let these fools reel you into their fates. Because when it's said and done, they don't care what happens to you. If they don't serve God, who DO they serve? Themselves. And self-centered, self-gratifying people give less than a f#ck about what happens to you.

Let's make it happen peeps; don't talk about the effort every day only to abandon it when the words are most necessary.

Happy Hunting B-J

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wahh waah, people aren't

Wahh waah, people aren't giving head to my god.

I must insult and fight rights right to free speech. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
So the christians are

So the christians are attacking us now?

In the words of our esteemed president, "Bring 'em on". 

Battlecataclysmic wrote:
...anybody that likes to talk about Jesus all the time...

... really needs a hobby.

Battlecataclysmic wrote:
...you've already closed your minds to logical debate...You're so gullible it's not even funny...

There's a phrase that applies here, can't quite recall it; something about a pot and a kettle...

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: but that blasphemy

Quote:
but that blasphemy against it is the one unforgivable sin:

Really, there are a LOT of people who say no to that.

I like how he sticks words in other peoples mouth on why they do this challenge, instead of asking why they do this.

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: So the

zarathustra wrote:

So the christians are attacking us now?

In the words of our esteemed president, "Bring 'em on".

Battlecataclysmic wrote:
...anybody that likes to talk about Jesus all the time...

... really needs a hobby.

Battlecataclysmic wrote:
...you've already closed your minds to logical debate...You're so gullible it's not even funny...

There's a phrase that applies here, can't quite recall it; something about a pot and a kettle...

I prefer the term "projection" - it's the fundamental psychological defense of theists. 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: But I find it

Quote:
But I find it amazing that you're willing to expend so much time and energy denying something that you don't believe to exist

Hey. I agree with this. I have no interest in denying the existence of non-existent things.

But unfortunately I am ethically required to oppose actual human beings who claim that non-existant things do exist and who want to force everyone in the world to be wrong right along with them.

Scotch
Scotch's picture
User is offlineOffline
People just don't understand

People just don't understand that the Challenge isn't about denying the Holy Spook, that it's just the means to the end of conveying to people our disbelief. Basically, the denyial itself doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if we can't actually blaspheme against it, it doesn't matter that it doesn't exist. What matters is we atheists are out there and we are (mostly) tired of being without a voice against laws and rules that stand in the way of a secular life. We are tired of being helpless and on the closet. We are NOT angry at god, we are NOT fighting against god; to us he/she/it is as UNREAL as invisible pink unicorns in the moons of Saturn. That is what the Challenge is about (as far as I understand).

http://youtube.com/phillipetrindade - Reasonable dialogue about atheism. Please visit, rate it and comment. Thanks!

Rigor_OMortis
Rigor_OMortis's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Hello, boys and girls,

"Hello, boys and girls, welcome to another show of Dr. DonkeyHead's magical world of ignorance. Today we're going to show an example of misconception, total lack of a hobby, the will of some to simply attack whatever they think it might be wrong. Also, just to add some more flavor to it, we're going to introduce some lack of knowledge about own beliefs and, of course, eeeeeeeeverybody's favorite... SLOGANS! So kick back and relax as we embark on this beautiful journey..."

(the audience hears the distinctive sound of a TV being turned off)

Inquisition - "The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on..."
http://rigoromortis.blogspot.com/