New Rule: Let the Population Collapse

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Rule: Let the Population Collapse

Wow, Maher gives the most rational speech ever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB97iwcm_Qc

He is someone who all the time is in favor of mandatory mask, vaccines, and massive action on climate change and protecting the enviroment. But he won't go as far as saying governments must act now.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Wow, Maher gives

EXC wrote:

Wow, Maher gives the most rational speech ever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB97iwcm_Qc

He is someone who all the time is in favor of mandatory mask, vaccines, and massive action on climate change and protecting the enviroment. But he won't go as far as saying governments must act now.

What the hell are you talking about? I agree with him that humans cannot keep growing as a population globally because that requires more resources and a faster pace of consumption. Humans are becoming a victim of their own success. 

But I didn't see anything in that speach where he said government should not act on it. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What the hell

Brian37 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I agree with him that humans cannot keep growing as a population globally because that requires more resources and a faster pace of consumption. Humans are becoming a victim of their own success. 

thing in that speach where he said government should not act on it. 

Where there is obviously only two ways for governments to act to limit population growth, limiting immigration and mandating birth control. Instead we get the opposite, all political parties tell us were racists to want to limiti immigration to what the enviroment and infrastructure can handle. Also we 'hate the poor and want kids to die' if we don't support massive welfare that encourages them to have kids they can't afford. I suspect Maher believes this too, but my view is the most politically incorrect(yet rational) So no one dare mention this. 

The government 'solutions' to problems will all be negated by population growth. Suppose we greatly increase green energy. Fine, but then populatio growth will negate these gains and we'll be back to needing to burn oil and coal to feed and house everyone. The 'solution' are just meant just to allow virtue signallers to feel morally superior, not really solve the root cause of problems.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen