atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lmao. That's the idea of

lmao. That's the idea of someone who has no idea how software or business works. It'd cost manufacturers and retail stores a lot more than $20 per device to roll this out, so all computer-like devices in the state will cost more even without disabling the filter than in neighbouring states. And in the end, it'll take just one bored 12 year old to figure a way passed it making the whole thing a debacle that benefits noone.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Do these morons understand

Do these morons understand that sex isn't the only thing someone can be forced into or blackmailed into? People can be brought here and forced into labor or blackmailed into labor. I don't see how this helps victims. Seems like this will simply raise costs for everyone consumer and divice company. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is another myth SJWs

This is another myth SJWs and the media just expect everyone to believe without question. That there are millions of sex-slave/human trafficers in America. This myth is used as a scam to for money and power. The people pushing this myth are the real pimps. About the only sex-slave are illegal immigrants where the pimp uses deportation as a threat. But the real problem is our pourous borders and 3rd world poverty.

The truth is the oldest profession just goes underground when made illegal. Of course most of the girls and women are going to claim they are victims when confronted by the law, that is what every criminal does. But the truth is they are doing what they do because the money is good and fast. They were not kidnapped and can quit whenever they please. They use a pimp because the illegality makes it dangerous without one.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:This is another

EXC wrote:

This is another myth SJWs and the media just expect everyone to believe without question. That there are millions of sex-slave/human trafficers in America. This myth is used as a scam to for money and power. The people pushing this myth are the real pimps. About the only sex-slave are illegal immigrants where the pimp uses deportation as a threat. But the real problem is our pourous borders and 3rd world poverty.

The truth is the oldest profession just goes underground when made illegal. Of course most of the girls and women are going to claim they are victims when confronted by the law, that is what every criminal does. But the truth is they are doing what they do because the money is good and fast. They were not kidnapped and can quit whenever they please. They use a pimp because the illegality makes it dangerous without one.

There is an estimated 20-30 million sex slaves world wide. In America there are an estimated 40-100 thousand, most of them imported from Russia, SE Asia and S. America.

It isn't a myth. 

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:There

digitalbeachbum wrote:

There is an estimated 20-30 million sex slaves world wide. In America there are an estimated 40-100 thousand, most of them imported from Russia, SE Asia and S. America.

It isn't a myth. 

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/2850#.WPpg5fnyuUk

https://bebopper76.wordpress.com/

Do you ever follow the money to figure out why the media tells you things? Of course you get more eyeballs if you report that there are millions of sex slaves instead of just reporting there are millions of voluntary prostitutes doing it for the money. These NGOs don't get donations unless they create victims.

A heard a hilarious interview of a former 'sex-slave'. The reporter thought he was going to report on the real torture all these women suffered. But no being kidnapped or held in a prision cell. Just a pimp that said she could make a lot of money quickly. The reporter was quite surprised.

I don't understand this of sceptisism of claims of religion but not of the media and NGOs.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah, EXC. wanting everybody

ah, EXC. wanting everybody to follow everybody's money but his own. haven't you had a brain aneurysm yet, you petty-bourgeois parasite?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It isn't a myth. 

Do you ever follow the money to figure out why the media tells you things? Of course you get more eyeballs if you report that there are millions of sex slaves instead of just reporting there are millions of voluntary prostitutes doing it for the money. These NGOs don't get donations unless they create victims.

A heard a hilarious interview of a former 'sex-slave'. The reporter thought he was going to report on the real torture all these women suffered. But no being kidnapped or held in a prision cell. Just a pimp that said she could make a lot of money quickly. The reporter was quite surprised.

I don't understand this of sceptisism of claims of religion but not of the media and NGOs.

The second article debunks claims that one person made about being a slave. Fair enough. I don't care enough to dive in deeper to see the veracity of either side. Either way, this is one claim and only one claim.

The first article debunks an unreferenced prediction of imported slaves for an event that it acknowledges had actual slaves. The only thing it disputes is a number it appears to have made up itself. Therefore the only useful information it gives is that there were in fact at least 5 sex slaves imported to Germany for the event in question.

In other words, you just proved sex slavery is an issue. Grats!

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:

EXC wrote:

LOL. EXC? Are you serious? That's your sources? The WordPress one is a joke and you should be embarrassed to post such a link.

The second one had some merit and I went as far to go deeper to the second article with the full story. However it quickly became a joke also. Both articles are with out merit. There is nothing more than bloggers trying to present their opinions in a format which appears to be a news organization. Just because you post something that looks like a newspaper doesn't mean they did any journalistic investigating.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/new-human-trafficking-reports-rise-florida-young-adults-targeted/zuFa90aHDLZMf2wm74RQqI/

http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/story/news/2016/02/10/modern-day-slavery-surrounds-ucf-orlando/80190768/

http://wishtv.com/2016/12/15/114-arrested-in-florida-human-trafficking-prostitution-sting/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/human-trafficking-cases-increase-more-than-50-percent-in-florida/

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/25/us/miami-sex-trafficking/

Human Trafficking, under both federal and Florida law, it is defined as the transporting, soliciting, recruiting, harboring, providing, or obtaining of another person for transport; for the purposes of forced labor, domestic servitude or sexual exploitation using force, fraud and/or coercion.

I've lost all respect for you. Get your head out of your ass.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not saying there are

I'm not saying there are zero real sex slaves. The article you point to only prove that the definition has been dumbed down so now all prostitutes are now victim sex slaves. Prostitution can now be made a male only crime as is in progressive Sweeden. When these women hit the wall, they can get taxpayer money for all their years of being victims.

If a pimp tells his workers 'let's go to the Superbowl cause there are a lot of rich men there', the women are slaves and the Superbowl is a rapist event. That sells newspapers. Rape is being dumbed down to a woman regets not saying no or she only said yes for money.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Prostitution isn't a male

Prostitution isn't a male only crime in Sweden, liar.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I'm not saying

EXC wrote:

I'm not saying there are zero real sex slaves. The article you point to only prove that the definition has been dumbed down so now all prostitutes are now victim sex slaves. Prostitution can now be made a male only crime as is in progressive Sweeden. When these women hit the wall, they can get taxpayer money for all their years of being victims.

If a pimp tells his workers 'let's go to the Superbowl cause there are a lot of rich men there', the women are slaves and the Superbowl is a rapist event. That sells newspapers. Rape is being dumbed down to a woman regets not saying no or she only said yes for money.

You said it was a myth. You need to choose your words with more attention.

The articles I posted weren't give to prove that sex slaves exist or not, it was to counter your two links (which were given as proof) but were in fact worthless.

I have no idea what you are talking about? Taxpayers? Wall? Sweden?

Super Bowl? What the fuck are you talking about, is that an analogy?

The problem with rape is that many times it goes unreported. Then the ones which are reported are often dumbed down.