59 cruise missiles?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
59 cruise missiles?

I don't follow in great detail what cruise missiles were launched at Syria but I find the entire thing more of a distraction for Trump than any thing else. I've heard it all before and I've know of past Presidents doing similar actions. The governments operate on a different level of communication than the citizens. The US contacts Russia who then tells Syria that there is an attack coming. The move every thing important out of the way and let the US bomb specific targets. No real damage, but it gets in to the press and then causes a distraction from domestic issues.

The US launched 59 cruise missiles at what exactly? Palm trees? Sand dunes?

The following day, from the same air station, Syria launches a second wave of attacks on a civilian town.

Trump then says that the runway wasn't attacked because those are easy to repair.

BULLSHIT.

The US uses several different bombs which can fuck up a runway and take weeks, if not a month to repair.

One bomb drops a second bomb which causes cement sections to upheave making it difficult to repair. Another bomb drops mines on the runway. This causes a slow down in repairs as they have to detonate each one (causing more damage) or destroying people and machinary.

Trump isn't alone in this bullshit. President Obama, Bush/2 and Regean all did similar actions which were nothing more than a farce.

What bothers me the most is the lack of attention to details from the press. They launched 59 missiles at what? If Syria was able to launch an air attack the following day those 59 missiles didn't hit anything.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
clinton did the same thing

clinton did the same thing to baghdad shortly after taking office, supposedly in response to hussein's assassination attempt on bush sr. all he accomplished was the murder of the iraqi minister of culture (an artist) and her husband, simultaneously wounding and orphaning her children. fuck bombs. fuck trump, another cold-blooded murderer sacrificing lives to save face in the dick-measuring contest of history. if he were a normal citizen, he'd be going to the chair.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:clinton did the

iwbiek wrote:
clinton did the same thing to baghdad shortly after taking office, supposedly in response to hussein's assassination attempt on bush sr. all he accomplished was the murder of the iraqi minister of culture (an artist) and her husband, simultaneously wounding and orphaning her children. fuck bombs. fuck trump, another cold-blooded murderer sacrificing lives to save face in the dick-measuring contest of history. if he were a normal citizen, he'd be going to the chair.

I agree.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Chairs not Bombs. And

Chairs not Bombs. And remember men that keep having more kids when they can't or won't take care of the ones they already have are absolutely never "dicks". These men have no free will to decide not to do this, unlike Trump he could decide not to bomb. And TMFP absolutely never causes any fighting.

Tis far better to die from starvation and disease than have a bomb dropped you.

Since Ivanka is crying to daddy everytime someone needs a bombing, she is calling the shots. So is she being a pussy?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:  Chairs not

EXC wrote:

Chairs not Bombs. And remember men that keep having more kids when they can't or won't take care of the ones they already have are absolutely never "dicks". These men have no free will to decide not to do this, unlike Trump he could decide not to bomb. And TMFP absolutely never causes any fighting.

Tis far better to die from starvation and disease than have a bomb dropped you.

Since Ivanka is crying to daddy everytime someone needs a bombing, she is calling the shots. So is she being a pussy?

Your post is irrelevant to the subject.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The whole idea

don't make no sense no way no how. Why 59 when only one is needed. A less expensive way could have been a GPS guided 2000 pounder into the control tower. At 2 million each for a cruiser equals--ah---um,,,   ---- lemme see---well--anyway-- the 2000 pounder would have been less espensive.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Technically, even 59 wasn't

Technically, even 59 wasn't enough. The air field was operational in a day or two. So one missile wouldn't have accomplished anything except outrage.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I agree-but

Vastet wrote:
Technically, even 59 wasn't enough. The air field was operational in a day or two. So one missile wouldn't have accomplished anything except outrage.
I'm in favor of a different plan. The 2000 pounder tells him I'm serious. The next is---his whole airfield ends up into one big smoking hole in the ground. Then the bomb craters begin slowly working toward his palace. After that ---tuff shitski. If he can't obey laws neither can I. The law says a leader of a country can't be assasinated --- but---it's his party and he makes the rools-- and his actions become the rools.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah and then Russia or

Yeah and then Russia or China or someone else says enough is enough and wipes the US off the map, starting a chain reaction that wipes all of us out.

Trump isn't suicidal. He's pushing NK because NK will be able to hit the US soon. They can't yet, so it's an easy win. Though it'll cost millions of lives, the scenario will only end in two ways. Everyone gets rid of nukes, or war. As the US isn't willing to push that, war is the only possibility. Better to do war before NK can hit California. Which means it has to be done soon.

Can't do that in Syria. Russia is there. And if Russians die in an American attack, Americans will die shortly thereafter. There's a reason Trump warned Russia before firing missiles into Syria despite the obvious fact that Russia would pass on the warning to Syria. That reason is that he and the military both know that Russia can only be pushed so far before they have no choice but to respond in kind.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
It may seem strange to say

It may seem strange to say this but I hope we have a nuclear war. I really do. It won't be small either. It will be huge. Life changing. World changing. I'm talking a nuclear winter.

What is so stupid about Trump is that he doesn't see NK doesn't have much to lose but America has tons to lose. Tons. We have more people. More cities. More naval bases. More technology. WE WILL LOSE. There is no win for America.

A nuclear war will tarnish Trump and his family for ever. The name Trump will become associated with the death of the world, the human race collapsing. No more crops. No more shopping at supermarkets. No gasoline. No more family trips to the Grand Canyon.

It's coming and I'm excited. It's the change the Trump supporters wanted. It's what they are going to get. Start stocking up on your water filters or get a water filtration system which will remove radioactive fallout as well as other poisons.

On another note. Is it Nuclear? or Nucular? I guess either of them work?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i emphatically don't want a

i emphatically don't want a nuclear war. as much as i hate trump, i don't want me and mine to die or live in an irradiated world just so i can know that trump will go down in history (if indeed there'll be any history after that) as the greatest asshole of all time.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think there's much

I don't think there's much threat of nuclear war on a large scale as yet. I also don't think this is the best way to handle NK.
But at the same time, there has not been anyone in power in the US who was willing to start a denuclearisation policy. And frankly, the only way NK will be curtailed without a fight is a combination of denuclearisation and deescalation.
NK has valid reasons for pursuing a nuclear programme until such time as that combination has occurred. Really, every country has valid reasons for pursuing a nuclear programme as long as any country has a nuclear programme.
Trump is being more aggressive than previous presidents, and is probably going to light the match in this war. Unfortunately, unless the US and other world powers agree to decommission their nuclear weapons, that war is inevitabile. In which case, Trump is doing the right thing by getting it started before NK can launch missiles around the planet.

It is not a situation I like very much, but under the circumstances it is logically the best option.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i emphatically

iwbiek wrote:
i emphatically don't want a nuclear war. as much as i hate trump, i don't want me and mine to die or live in an irradiated world just so i can know that trump will go down in history (if indeed there'll be any history after that) as the greatest asshole of all time.

I agree. The day I posted that message I was on an anti-trump rage.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I don't think

Vastet wrote:
I don't think there's much threat of nuclear war on a large scale as yet. I also don't think this is the best way to handle NK. But at the same time, there has not been anyone in power in the US who was willing to start a denuclearisation policy. And frankly, the only way NK will be curtailed without a fight is a combination of denuclearisation and deescalation. NK has valid reasons for pursuing a nuclear programme until such time as that combination has occurred. Really, every country has valid reasons for pursuing a nuclear programme as long as any country has a nuclear programme. Trump is being more aggressive than previous presidents, and is probably going to light the match in this war. Unfortunately, unless the US and other world powers agree to decommission their nuclear weapons, that war is inevitabile. In which case, Trump is doing the right thing by getting it started before NK can launch missiles around the planet. It is not a situation I like very much, but under the circumstances it is logically the best option.

Trump isn't going to do any good. I know he is aggressive but he isn't smart about it.

Look at the lies about the naval fleet. He lied about sending them over.