Glenn Beck sez

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Glenn Beck sez

God killed A. Scalia so Cruze can win the presidency. I got to wondering if Beck is infaliable. We may have a new Pope in the works.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why anyone would waste a

Why anyone would waste a second of their life on Glen Beck is beyond me.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
This stuff

pops up out of now where whilst I'm online. I find it something to put in the Irrational Column. There's supposed to be a conspiracy theory about how the particulars of Scalias passing came about  but that didn't interest me. Beckie on the other hand is normally fetched from pretty far.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's ridiculous in every

That's ridiculous in every sense. Trump is still beating Cruz, and considering the fact that the last time Scalia had any impact on an election it was to illegally hand the country to Bush (which required Scalia to be alive), the suggestion his death could give the republicans the election is completely backwards. It's LESS likely the republicans can win with him out of the way, not more likely.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Why anyone

Vastet wrote:

Beck used to be really funny before he became famous. He was much more along the lines of goofy morning show host. When he got the headline news show, he realized there was a lot of profit in "end of the world" hyperbole from a right wing viewpoint and his show has become unbearable. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Beck used to be really funny before he became famous. He was much more along the lines of goofy morning show host. When he got the headline news show, he realized there was a lot of profit in "end of the world" hyperbole from a right wing viewpoint and his show has become unbearable. I actually used to listen to his show because he DIDN'T talk about politics head on, and instead focussed on tangential stories.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Makes me wonder what

Makes me wonder what O'Reilly was like before he got big.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
punditry is the fashion now

punditry is the fashion now in public discourse. measured, nuanced, judicious, cool-headed opinions, carefully weighed and re-weighed over years of experience and consideration, just do not fit the culture of instant gratification. even worldviews must come prepackaged and one-size-fits-all.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson