didja ever think-

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
didja ever think-

If there still are Schools of Theology then they are still studying"God". If they are still studying God---then they don't know for sure how or what accounts that "God" as they understand it, exists. They say that "god" is uncomprehensable---????? what the hell????. If God is uncomprehensable???? what's the sense in trying to find out anything about God/It. Wouldn't the fact that if God (if it were a fact) is uncomprehensable, make theology of no value. A Mr. Smith the founder of Mormonism (whatever that's supposed to be) had gold tablets with writing to show--but somehow those tablest (That would weigh over 600lbs)aren't avaiable for our inspection. (How someone can pick up 600 lbs of gold and physically haul it away---beats me)( I don't recall the last time I hauled off 600 lbs of anything).  So, there are 100s of 1000s of guys and gals studying something they'll never comprehend.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
And what really erks me

is--I earned only 2 points for this post. jeeez

OH, I forgot this in the OP.

definition theology

Question: "What is the definition of theology?"

Answer:
The word “theology” comes from two Greek words that combined mean “the study of God.” Christian theology is simply an attempt to understand God as He is revealed in the Bible. No theology will ever fully explain God and His ways because God is infinitely and eternally higher than we are. Therefore, any attempt to describe Him will fall short (Romans 11:33-36). However, God does want us to know Him insofar as we are able, and theology is the art and science of knowing what we can know and understand about God in an organized and understandable manner. Some people try to avoid theology because they believe it is divisive. Properly understood, though, theology is uniting. Proper, biblical theology is a good thing; it is the teaching of God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Hell sakes Land O Goshen--no wonder we can't get along with each other. If one thing of God were the ability to get along with one another(bear in mind---we are all made in the image of this character) and we can't know this fella---then we'll never be able to get along with each other. Hypocazy.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Theology is of no value,

Theology is of no value, anymore than knowing all the characters of Harry Potter explains lift in air flight via brooms. It is only important in a historical context to understand the complexities of those falsehoods. But it has no scientific value. Religion is like pretending a kaleidoscope can relace a telescope.

Being an expert n theology is like being an "expert" in Star Wars.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
so no scientific value=no

so no scientific value=no value at all, does it?

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
It has value

Brian37 wrote:

Theology is of no value, anymore than knowing all the characters of Harry Potter explains lift in air flight via brooms. It is only important in a historical context to understand the complexities of those falsehoods. But it has no scientific value. Religion is like pretending a kaleidoscope can relace a telescope.

Being an expert n theology is like being an "expert" in Star Wars.

Only if God is interpreted as us-people. As a Psycho Smurf once pointed out to the rest of us ----  I came to the conclusion that when I'm analysing a client I'm studying God.

In our understanding of things, theology is the study of natural man/person. In proper biblical context the only God that can be found in the book is,and as the terms are used there-in, 1-nature itself, the processes of creation , 2- the laws of physics. 3- the natural concepts of good and evil (help and harm) as presented by and within and a consequence of the universe.

The book of Mormaon is false. It's not needed and adds no actual useful facts to the book as written. We know this becasue we don't need it to understand the books contents. Apparently someone was psychotic and not in control of their emotions and went off the deep end with no water in the pool. 

The Mormans believe biblical creation is a universe created by an intelligent entity---when we find it has nothing to do with any material construction and is a mental contruction. If we're right---then the whole concept of religion is wrong. We say we're right but that's for the individual to decide for the self.

Their (as all others) interpretation leads to nothing more then a modified Druid form of religion.

Theology then = the study of people.

Edit- 2/15--- that would mean (if our interpretation is correct) that Psychiatry is the same as Theology. Reason equals-- if we are all made in the image of God (that would be natural man, as God is nature itself, not an external entity) then the study of God has to be the study of people. If one reads the book our way it all adds together. Their way is the world as it is and cannot change anything.The study of "God " then, leads to an understanding of one's self. If the religions are still studying God, then they still don't know themselves. That in turn means, that the ones (authorities of all manner) don't really know "who" they are. They're looking in a book to find themselves and ----can't find anyone. Absolutely  Irrational.