Alligator Attacks

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alligator Attacks

When will people learn.

This recent attack was at Blue Springs which is a pretty nice place to visit. It's infamous for the all you can eat pancakes at the Old Sugar Mill.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-dead-swimmer-alligator-blue-spring-20151019-story.html

There are signs around the park specifically warning swimmers. The best place to swim is the actual spring as you can see here.

https://goo.gl/maps/PEXmAvxzhYG2

The person attacked was actually down river.... go figure.

Also, the media never tells you that the guy was out of the actual spring. The spring is crystal clear water and no gators. The river is dark and murky the further you get away from the springs.

also at the end of the article they speak of a woman losing her arm on the Wekiva River to a gator, which they caught and killed.

Needless to say she was swimming past the old bridge away from the swimming area specifically designated for swimmers. There are signs which state to stay away from the shoreline because the alligators love to hang out there and sun theirselves.

What did she do? She went in to the lily pads and swam along the shore. To make things worse? She was swimming during mating season and the females are very aggressive defending their territory.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't see why they kill

I don't see why they kill the animals when it's a reptile. I've never seen any evidence that a reptile is more likely to attack people after killing a person. We should give them treats for attempting to assist weeding the stupid out of the gene pool.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I don't see why

Vastet wrote:
I don't see why they kill the animals when it's a reptile. I've never seen any evidence that a reptile is more likely to attack people after killing a person. We should give them treats for attempting to assist weeding the stupid out of the gene pool.

I agree. I believe that it is right to kill the ones which are being fed by humans. People who feed gators are just plain stupid. The gators become too familar with humans then often feed on the dumbasses.

I've seen dogs on the edge of the water barking at nothing, then <swoosh> they are gone. People don't know that gators feed from the water. They think gators hunt on the land. So when people stand on the water edge and throw marshmellows out on the water, I worry.

I've seen kids do it and I freak out. I've had parents go off on me for telling their kids what not to do, but I wait for that moment when the gator steal their kid and then they have to have vengence by having the gator killed.

And just recently they authorized bear kills here. They delayed it, the bear hunt, but advocates are saying bear attacks are on the rise. However they failed to mention that people keep feeding the damn things and the three people in my county who were all attacked by bears were seen by neighbors feeding them.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i've never understood why

i've never understood why humans can't have enough goddamn fucking respect to leave wild animals alone. i blame our fairy tales with anthropomorphic animals to some degree. carebears and winnie the pooh never maul anybody, never gnaw on anybody's head, and we grow up with a sense of animals being cute and friendly and helpful, particularly bears and pigs, which are generally two of the grumpiest fucking animals you will ever meet.

it's like the documentary "grizzly man" (excellent film by the great director werner herzog), about the crazy fucking hippy who went up to alaska every year to "commune" with the bears, sometimes even acting like one, touching them and all kinds of shit. sure enough, he and his girlfriend were attacked and partially eaten in their tent at night by a hungry bear. of course, they wax all maudlin about it in the documentary; one of the interviewees even goes so far as to talk trash about the bear who did it. all i could think was, "i'm sorry it happened, but he got what he deserved." he's lucky he survived as many years as he did.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i've never

iwbiek wrote:
i've never understood why humans can't have enough goddamn fucking respect to leave wild animals alone. i blame our fairy tales with anthropomorphic animals to some degree. carebears and winnie the pooh never maul anybody, never gnaw on anybody's head, and we grow up with a sense of animals being cute and friendly and helpful, particularly bears and pigs, which are generally two of the grumpiest fucking animals you will ever meet.
it's like the documentary "grizzly man" (excellent film by the great director werner herzog), about the crazy fucking hippy who went up to alaska every year to "commune" with the bears, sometimes even acting like one, touching them and all kinds of shit. sure enough, he and his girlfriend were attacked and partially eaten in their tent at night by a hungry bear. of course, they wax all maudlin about it in the documentary; one of the interviewees even goes so far as to talk trash about the bear who did it. all i could think was, "i'm sorry it happened, but he got what he deserved." he's lucky he survived as many years as he did.

Lol, yeah, I remember watching that. It always amazes me when these animal rights folk don't see the cognitive dissonance when they think that humans are so special that predatory animals aren't going to eat us. I also remember another idiot, I think it was shark week, he was standing in the middle of a bunch of bull sharks pointing out that they wouldn't attack him... when one of them took a decent chunk out of his calf. Apparently, the shark didn't get the memo to not bite humans on camera. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
when it comes to a wild

when it comes to a wild animal, especially a large predator, you either have to leave it alone completely (which includes not entering its fucking habitat) or be fully prepared to kill it. anything in between is just taking your life in your hands.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i've never

iwbiek wrote:

Acutally he died when the giant grizzly ate his brain and liver.

She barely survived.

There is apparently a audio recording being held by a friend/family member who was given the video tape by the girl.

The video camera was dropped on the ground when they got attacked but she didn't take the lens cover off. The audio, as heard by a friend, was terrifying. The guy was telling her to run but she didn't and he was being eaten alive. Apparently you can hear the skull being crushed and the actual body being ripped apart.

Don't search for the recording. It doesn't exist. The tape has never been copied or put on the web but idiots have tried to "make a fake" and none of them are very good.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
There was a five year old

There was a five year old boy mauled here in Florida a few days ago by several pit bulls. Fucking parent let the kid go out in to the yard by himself. No parents. No protection.

By the time the mom got out to the yard he was ripped to shreds. Died on the way to the hospital

The father came home and shot both dogs in the head before the cops came.