Fine, y'all got me

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Fine, y'all got me

Ok. I'm sure most of you have seen my posts. I love Jesus. He is my savior. That doesn't change.

I have accepted who I am. I have desires for men. I do not want these desires, however, to destroy my marriage. I love my wife and kids. They r all I have. I will suffer through my desires to be with a man to keep my marriage safe.

I've made it 5 years, not comfortably, but 5 years without that type of intimacy, and I struggle, but I know it's worth it.

I think by finally, this week, coming to terms with who I am is a good thing, and it will help, but I need to keep these desires in check.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well it really doesn't

Well it really doesn't matter to me whether you prefer guys or girls. And noone here is in a position to tell you what to do or what is right or wrong. We can give you our opinions, but they are just our opinions.

What matters is what YOU think is right and wrong, and what you do about it; if anything.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what's your position on

So what's your position on gay marriage?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 We got you? Did I miss the

We got you? Did I miss the part where people speculated it? 

That said, if this is an honest admission, good on you for having the courage to say it. Of course it's not that anyone here would criticize you for being gay or bi. However, you would be at risk of being labeled a hypocrite. So what do you do from here?

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: I have

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I have accepted who I am. I have desires for men.

Most Christians of your doctrinal ilk insist that sexual preference is a choice.  Apparently this is where you choose to disagree ?

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I do not want these desires, however, to destroy my marriage.

If you are truly bisexual  then your sexual desires for another woman could just as easily destroy your marriage.   You are doubly cursed. ( not making fun of you, there )  All romantic relationships be they hetero, homo, or a bisexual are subject to being broken by outside temptations.   That's just the way things are unfortunately.    Pray about it, seek Christian counseling or whatever helps you the most but until you reach advanced age and your sexual needs dimish you...like every one else...will always be tempted by someone, somewhere.   Good luck.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 This is what I hate about

This is what I hate about what religion does to people, not just Christianity, but others as well.

If you have urges to have sex with men, or if you are bi, no one should judge you for that. If you are in a relationship, it would not be the sex act, with a man or woman, behind their back, that makes it wrong, it would be the hiding and lying to the partner. No one should judge you for your sexual orientation. It is a myth that LGBT or their supporters are out to promote public orgies or child molestation, or even having affairs. Gays and Lesbians are perfectly capable of monogomy just as heterosexuals are perfectly capable of having affairs. You can be gay, or bi, still have safe sex and be honest with yourself.

The self loathing taught to you with the word "sin" has not allowed you to be honest with yourself and be yourself. Long before you got into this marriage, maybe if you had been shown by others it was ok to be yourself, you could have made better plans. 

But since you are in it now, only you can judge how to move forward. No one can judge how you deal with this because we are not personally in it. I think maybe it is more you don't want those urges because you don't want to hurt your family, not because your urges are wrong. I'd consider the source of why you were tought those urges were bad. 

I hope for your sake you can figure things out so that you don't have to live a lie. Living in a mental prison is emotionally draining. Start with honesty with yourself first. Accept yourself first instead of buying a script others sold you. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I promote orgies, public

I promote orgies, public or private. That being said, how could a good god consider any act of love immoral? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I promote orgies, public or private. That being said, how could a good god consider any act of love immoral? 

There are rare times where I agree with you, this is one of those times. But the human concocted concept of a god is what causes this needless fear of the other. It is a very antiquated evolutionary argument from ignorance due to our species lack of understanding of nature. 

LGBTs have every right as our fellow species to be as happy in their lives as heterosexuals. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Did I believe my

Did I believe my "feelings" to be a choice? Yes. I fought myself for 15 years. I now say that people who say that do not understand, because I realize now that if it were I wouldn't have this struggle.

But what AM I doing? Accepting my feelings, and putting them aside because I DID fall in love with my wife and I DO love her.

Jesus said in the Gospels, deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow me. I truly understand that now. 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Did I

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Did I believe my "feelings" to be a choice? Yes. I fought myself for 15 years. I now say that people who say that do not understand, because I realize now that if it were I wouldn't have this struggle.

But what AM I doing? Accepting my feelings, and putting them aside because I DID fall in love with my wife and I DO love her.

Jesus said in the Gospels, deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow me. I truly understand that now. 

Fair. So what do you say to those men who have 0 sexual desires for women, and don't have that choice? Would you tell them that they're wrong for marrying their boyfriends?

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

So god fucked up. 

Quote:

I don't think anyone here cares what you do. But speaking just for me, whether you want to leave your desires unsatisfied or have daily gay orgies in a crack house, I find both choices equally acceptable in that neither one is any of my business. Whatever floats your boat. Hell, there is a whole kink related to sexual denial, they make all sorts of chastity devices and it really excites some people. Personally, I'm a hedonist so it isn't really my thing, but I don't care, just don't sit around passing laws telling me what or what not to do.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Fair. So what do you say to those men who have 0 sexual desires for women, and don't have that choice? Would you tell them that they're wrong for marrying their boyfriends?

What Jesus said.....deny yourself take up your cross and follow me.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Did I

JesusLovesYou wrote:

According to scripture, god actually turned people gay (as punishment for not worshipping him) -- implying they had no choice in it:  

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

--Romans 1:26-27

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Speaking of self-denial, how's Ted Haggard coming along?

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Did I believe my "feelings" to be a choice? Yes.

Which implies that you could simply choose to not have homosexual desires.   Permanently.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I fought myself for 15 years. I now say that people who say that do not understand, because I realize now that if it were I wouldn't have this struggle.

Which implies just the opposite.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
But what AM I doing? Accepting my feelings, and putting them aside....

Congratulations, you are in total conflict with the doctrinal beliefs of a vast majority of Christians both Catholic and protestant who insist sexual preference is a choice.  You are now moving away from accepted orthodoxy and moving towards biblical heresy. 

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jabberwocky wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Am I missing something? What was Jesus' actual commentary on gay relations in the bible?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Ok.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok. I'm sure most of you have seen my posts. I love Jesus. He is my savior. That doesn't change.

I have accepted who I am. I have desires for men. I do not want these desires, however, to destroy my marriage. I love my wife and kids. They r all I have. I will suffer through my desires to be with a man to keep my marriage safe.

I've made it 5 years, not comfortably, but 5 years without that type of intimacy, and I struggle, but I know it's worth it.

I think by finally, this week, coming to terms with who I am is a good thing, and it will help, but I need to keep these desires in check.

This doesn't jive.

I'm calling bullshit on you.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't get it. You say it

I don't get it. You say it was a choice, but then you say you fought yourself for 15 years and that you have 'accepted' your 'feelings.' So clearly, you weren't able to choose your feelings.

Are you saying that you can't determine your feelings, but you can determine your behavior? Iow, you can choose how you act on your feelings? Or are you saying something else?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

So god fucked up. 

Quote:

I don't think anyone here cares what you do. But speaking just for me, whether you want to leave your desires unsatisfied or have daily gay orgies in a crack house, I find both choices equally acceptable in that neither one is any of my business. Whatever floats your boat. Hell, there is a whole kink related to sexual denial, they make all sorts of chastity devices and it really excites some people. Personally, I'm a hedonist so it isn't really my thing, but I don't care, just don't sit around passing laws telling me what or what not to do.

Typical free market "no rules" moron. Just when I think you have some semblence of decency you say stupid shit like this.

Yea, lets not have laws against murder. Ok, since everything should be a free for all, can I murder you? No? Didn't think so. So just adimit you are not agains t laws, just ones that you don't agree with. Just admit you don't like losing.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Typical free

Brian37 wrote:
Typical free market "no rules" moron.

Typical make-shit-up-because-I'm-a-moron Brian.

Brian37 wrote:
Just when I think you have some semblence of decency you say stupid shit like this.

Considering Brian is the worst piece of shit to ever post on this site, his opinions about anyone and everyone else are worthless.

Brian37 wrote:
Yea, lets not have laws against murder.

Brian is ironically the only one who advocates for murder.

Brian37 wrote:
Ok, since everything should be a free for all, can I murder you?

If only. Then we could kill Brian first and do the entire species a favour.

Brian37 wrote:
So just adimit you are not agains t laws, just ones that you don't agree with. Just admit you don't like losing.

Words Brian will never have the intelligence to understand only apply to him.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Typical free

Brian37 wrote:

Typical free market "no rules" moron. Just when I think you have some semblence of decency you say stupid shit like this.

Yea, lets not have laws against murder. Ok, since everything should be a free for all, can I murder you? No? Didn't think so. So just adimit you are not agains t laws, just ones that you don't agree with. Just admit you don't like losing.

So gay orgies are equal to murder in your mind? Homophobe.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 I am making a choice

I am making a choice

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: I am

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am making a choice

People don't make a choice on their DNA. Being gay is not a choice.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am making a choice

Unh hunh .... so your "choice" simply amounts to mumbling 1 Corinthians 10:13 over and over while gritting your teeth and trying not to think about having sex with a man.  Yep, it's obvious you and God have it all under control.  I'm so happy for you !

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am making a choice

Unh hunh .... so your "choice" simply amounts to mumbling 1 Corinthians 10:13 over and over while gritting your teeth and trying not to think about having sex with a man.  Yep, it's obvious you and God have it all under control.  I'm so happy for you !

He's full of shit. He's about as gay as a lumberjack...

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 I am not in conflict with

I am not in conflict with anything. "Denominational" doctrine doesn't matter. What matters is what the Word of God says.

Jesus said deny yourself and follow me...IOW put aside what you want, your desires, etc. and partake in the spiritual gift that Christ is giving you.

my wife and kids are my whole world and they deserve my everything. They r what matters. 

I acknowledge my shortfall, and move on, giving God the glory

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I am not in conflict with anything. "Denominational" doctrine doesn't matter. What matters is what the Word of God says.

Jesus said deny yourself and follow me...IOW put aside what you want, your desires, etc. and partake in the spiritual gift that Christ is giving you.

my wife and kids are my whole world and they deserve my everything. They r what matters. 

You still haven't attempted to answer my serious question. "how could a good god consider any act of love immoral?"

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You still haven't attempted to answer my serious question. "how could a good god consider any act of love immoral?"

first you need to define what love is. How is it love, as God had defined love

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
In other words you aren't

In other words you aren't going to get an answer. Theists who allow the bible to define words instead of dictionaries are incapable of meaningful communication.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:In other words

Vastet wrote:
In other words you aren't going to get an answer. Theists who allow the bible to define words instead of dictionaries are incapable of meaningful communication.

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:In other words

Vastet wrote:

Yeah, I didn't actually expect a straight answer, but it is still a little disappointing.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
loveləv/Submitnounnoun:

love
ləv/Submit
noun
noun: love; plural noun: loves
an intense feeling of deep affection.
"babies fill parents with intense feelings of love"
synonyms: deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment; More
antonyms: hatred
a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone.
"it was love at first sight"
synonyms: become infatuated with, give/lose one's heart to; More
a personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid.
noun: Love
a great interest and pleasure in something.
"his love for football"
synonyms: liking of/for, enjoyment of, appreciation of/for, taste for, delight for/in, relish of, passion for, zeal for, appetite for, zest for, enthusiasm for, keenness for, fondness for, soft spot for, weakness for, bent for, proclivity for, inclination for, disposition for, partiality for, predilection for, penchant for
"her love for fashion"
affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.
synonyms: best wishes, regards, good wishes, greetings, kind/kindest regards
"my mother sends her love"
a formula for ending an affectionate letter.
"take care, lots of love, Judy" 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Maybe we need to start a

Maybe we need to start a sticky thread with definitions of all the common words theists pretend they don't understand.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
If only we could force them

If only we could force them to actually read it...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:

For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son

Sounds like hate to me.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Yeah,

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yeah, I didn't actually expect a straight answer, but it is still a little disappointing.

He's doing the same mealy-mouth bullshit that he did with us in his "The Threat of Atheism" thread.  If the line of questioning doesn't go the way he wants it to he starts throwing out scripture/babble to avoid answering the question.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Do not love the world or

Do not love the world or the things of this world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  Do

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Do not love the world or the things of this world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in Him.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I love my wife and kids. They r all I have.

Are your wife and kids not of this world?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
You guys realize that he

You guys realize that he gets more sympathy from us than he would get from a lot of Creationist websites. I assume his wife is a conservative Christian as well, and he raised his kids to be conservative Christians. He pretty much can't tell anyone he knows in real life? I assume? So he confesses to an atheist website, composed of people who regard his entire worldview as a combination of indoctrination and self delusion at this point.  

I....kind of feel sorry for him. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nah, he's not gay and he's

Nah, he's not gay and he's not a theist. He's trying to be a stereotype of how the average atheist views the average sexually repressed, homophobic theist in the christian church. He's not doing a horrible job at it, I'll give him that.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Nah, he's not

Vastet wrote:
Nah, he's not gay and he's not a theist. He's trying to be a stereotype of how the average atheist views the average sexually repressed, homophobic theist in the christian church. He's not doing a horrible job at it, I'll give him that.

que?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Nah, he's not

Vastet wrote:

You forgot that they are a troll.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Same difference. Any theist

Same difference. Any theist who hops on the internet and makes any effort whatsoever to convert people outside a theist site is a troll.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mmmm

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

You forgot that they are a troll.

I always wondered that about JLY - I hope so. Being a christian with homoerotic fantasies would be a challenging proposition.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:Being

Atheistextremist wrote:

Being a christian with homoerotic fantasies would be a challenging proposition.

happens all the time. it's called "joining the priesthood."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson