Moar troll failure

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Moar troll failure

Vastet wrote:
I can't remember ever agreeing in principle with anything EXC said before. I didn't read the article or anything so maybe I'll be off a bit from the actual incident in question. I'll be very specific and careful here. 1: Government has no business telling people what to think or say, unless under very specific circumstances. Like incitement to violence or false advertising. If someone wants to be a racist fuck in a fraternity of racist fucks doing racist things, that's their prerogative. As long as they aren't hurting anyone or trying to get other people to hurt people they can do what they like. 2: Publically funded institutions have no business telling people what to think or say, unless under very specific circumstances. Like incitement to violence or false advertising. If someone wants to be a racist fuck in a fraternity of racist fucks doing racist things, that's their prerogative. As long as they aren't hurting anyone or trying to get other people to hurt people they can do what they like. 3: ANY violation of this is a violation of free speech, and should be shut down immediately. 4: A private institution is a different story, but any expulsion should coincide with a complete refund of tuition costs (-materials like books). People don't go to university and pay thousands of dollars to get kicked out for something unrelated to their academic performance. You don't want them there, fine. Give them their money back. If the private institution is publically funded, then it is effectively a public institution, and subject to the same rules as a public institution.

Odd...but you were glad that Fox News Canada was shut down for free speech.  How hypocritical.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Since my puppet has

Since my puppet has disregarded the effort to clean up all the trolling and has even attempted to spread it to two new topics, I have removed his posting privileges. I do so quite publically so as to not create any false impressions for my reasons. The rules of the site give discretionary powers to the moderation team to deal with trolling. To be quite honest I'd fully expected one of the other moderators to step in so I could not be accused of bias, but the obvious intent to troll the entire site made me decide to take action.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fuck him. I'm tired of his shit.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thank you Vastet.

Vastet wrote:
Since my puppet has disregarded the effort to clean up all the trolling and has even attempted to spread it to two new topics, I have removed his posting privileges. I do so quite publically so as to not create any false impressions for my reasons. The rules of the site give discretionary powers to the moderation team to deal with trolling. To be quite honest I'd fully expected one of the other moderators to step in so I could not be accused of bias, but the obvious intent to troll the entire site made me decide to take action.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:Vastet

Burnedout wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I can't remember ever agreeing in principle with anything EXC said before. I didn't read the article or anything so maybe I'll be off a bit from the actual incident in question. I'll be very specific and careful here. 1: Government has no business telling people what to think or say, unless under very specific circumstances. Like incitement to violence or false advertising. If someone wants to be a racist fuck in a fraternity of racist fucks doing racist things, that's their prerogative. As long as they aren't hurting anyone or trying to get other people to hurt people they can do what they like. 2: Publically funded institutions have no business telling people what to think or say, unless under very specific circumstances. Like incitement to violence or false advertising. If someone wants to be a racist fuck in a fraternity of racist fucks doing racist things, that's their prerogative. As long as they aren't hurting anyone or trying to get other people to hurt people they can do what they like. 3: ANY violation of this is a violation of free speech, and should be shut down immediately. 4: A private institution is a different story, but any expulsion should coincide with a complete refund of tuition costs (-materials like books). People don't go to university and pay thousands of dollars to get kicked out for something unrelated to their academic performance. You don't want them there, fine. Give them their money back. If the private institution is publically funded, then it is effectively a public institution, and subject to the same rules as a public institution.

Odd...but you were glad that Fox News Canada was shut down for free speech.  How hypocritical.  

I don't see how this relates to SNN. They failed, so they went under. They're so right wing that they, themselves, would say the same about anyone else who suffered that same fate. I don't see how one thing is related to another here. I also don't understand what all the talk of puppets is. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He tried to challenge me to

He tried to challenge me to a troll off. It went on and on and I let it go because I was enjoying myself and I'd contained it to three topics. But I was starting to feel like I was stepping on everyone else by letting it go on so I started pruning it all out. Due to the nature of how it all happened that was a disjointed process that saw all the trolling separated from itself as well as the topics in question. I wouldn't recommend trying to piece it all together, even if you succeed you won't find anything of any interest.

I let him have the last word overall because I hate cheap victories. Since he can no longer respond, anything I say would just be a cheap shot. So I just wrapped it up with an explanation of why we won't be seeing him anymore. I couldn't resist calling him my puppet one last time. Oh well.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.