Interview with a man with a 200 IQ

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
His response about

His response about heaven/life after is interesting.

I don't trust IQ tests. In fact I reject them and any score given to an individual. I'm not saying this guy isn't smart. I've speaking from experience and I think IQ tests, while give a general indication of a person's intelligence, they often overlook people who are geniuses but can't handle the format the test is given in.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:His

digitalbeachbum wrote:

His response about heaven/life after is interesting.

I don't trust IQ tests. In fact I reject them and any score given to an individual. I'm not saying this guy isn't smart. I've speaking from experience and I think IQ tests, while give a general indication of a person's intelligence, they often overlook people who are geniuses but can't handle the format the test is given in.

IQ tests heavily favor those who are good with spatial math. I've always scored exceptionally well on them, but when I was a kid, I always did logic puzzles, which had similar questions. If practice can improve your score, it isn't a measure of abstract intelligence, it is simply a measure of your ability to solve a specific type of problem.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The few times I took an IQ

The few times I took an IQ test they had a lot of good stuff like geometry and arithmetic and spatial and recognition stuff. But they also had stuff that had nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with localised education. So I don't take them very seriously.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.