DNA replication video........SCIENCE BITCHES!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
DNA replication video........SCIENCE BITCHES!

I just about shit a brick at some of the facts in this video. Talk about production! Eat shit Trump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqESR7E4b_8

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I also just figured out

I also just figured out each link in the DNA chain in its parts. 

You have your spiral ladder staircase, each step has  a center half step, which connects to the railing, the sugar(wall or railing). The sugar connects to the next link above it with a phosphate(part of the stair railing). The steps themselves are in two parts (BASE pairs) which connect at the center of the step that connect to the opposite side of the staircase.

The phosphate and sugar and half the step itself   are called the nuclaic acid. The half of the step by itself  is called a nucleotide. Each sugar railing or wall has carbon atoms. The center base, connects to the sugar, at the first carbon position. Count around the sugar until you get to the 5 carbon atom, that 5 atom is conneced to the phosphate. In turn that phosphate connects to the third carbon position on the sugar above it. You can also think of it like each level being two half pancakes being stacked on top of each other forming each level of the staircase. 

The levels of the railing will always connect from 3 to 5, the other side of the staircase will will connect to 5 to 3.  3 and 5 only refer to the carbon positon on the sugar. These are called 3 prime and 5 prime. 

P=phosphate @ the 5 carbon position on the Sugar. Which connects to the third carbon position of the next step)

S =sugar

A, T, G, and C are the steps. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ok someone help me out

Ok someone help me out here. I have the graphic in the prior post, might be a bit deceptive on my part. Making the three parts out being the (nuclaic acid) and one half of the base the nucleotide. But this video calls the three parts the nucleotide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udq7dX7jJMw

Cut me some slack here. I am learning. I will ask anone reading this to undersand I am a bit off on the part names. But I do understand how they connect. I will re sumerize the parts when I understand the exact names respectively.

OK, did some more looking.

Someone confirm this please.

Nuclaic acid is the complete strand, the nucleotide is the phophate, sugar and base?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
My biology is too rusty to

My biology is too rusty to help.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I think I figured it out.

I think I figured it out. The more I think about the way I learn things, the best thing you can do, just like eating, small bites. I actually do understand the concepts from both the graphic and the video. I am just stuck on what is named what. I think the nuclaic acid is the entire strand, and the nucleotide is the three parts, that make up each indiviudal level of railing/s=steps phosphate+sugar+base=Nucleotide. FUCK spelled nucleic wrong.