Another reason Jews should not get a pass either...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another reason Jews should not get a pass either...

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Whoever said they should?

Whoever said they should? As I recall, one of the most universally despised and attacked theists ever to post on this site was outspokenly Jewish.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: Whoever said

iwbiek wrote:

Whoever said they should? As I recall, one of the most universally despised and attacked theists ever to post on this site was outspokenly Jewish.

My thought exactly. I'm not sure I've ever seen Jews do anything without being widely critiqued. For the size of it, Israel certainly gets a lot of criticism over every little action they make. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Holy crap. You guys are

Holy crap. You guys are morons. This was not written for you, this was written for passers by in general. If you would take the time to look at the number of guests at any given time get a lot of readers. 

There are people, and I am sure the idiots who did this childish editing, WOULD faslely claim anti Semitism. There are people of ALL religions who try to stifle criticism and falsely claim bigotry when you call them out on bad ideas. Jews don't get a pass either.  Is the same as Muslims don't get a pass either. Is the same as Christians don't get a pass either. And by proxy of your stupid responses atheists don't get a pass either.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

My thought exactly. I'm not sure I've ever seen Jews do anything without being widely critiqued. For the size of it, Israel certainly gets a lot of criticism over every little action they make. 

Yes they do so what is your problem? Netenyahu is bad for that country. He is as bad a fundy as many of our right wing politicians in America. I think Isreael can do far better than that nut.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Yes they do so what is your problem? Netenyahu is bad for that country. He is as bad a fundy as many of our right wing politicians in America. I think Isreael can do far better than that nut.

I don't have a problem. I couldn't care less who Israel elects. You are the one who thinks they are getting some kind of pass. I don't see anyone giving them a pass, so I pointed that out. You hve yet to explain exactly who is giving them a pass.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Holy crap.

Brian37 wrote:

Holy crap. You guys are morons. This was not written for you, this was written for passers by in general. If you would take the time to look at the number of guests at any given time get a lot of readers. 

There are people, and I am sure the idiots who did this childish editing, WOULD faslely claim anti Semitism. There are people of ALL religions who try to stifle criticism and falsely claim bigotry when you call them out on bad ideas. Jews don't get a pass either.  Is the same as Muslims don't get a pass either. Is the same as Christians don't get a pass either. And by proxy of your stupid responses atheists don't get a pass either.

i am a "passer-by in general," so shove it up your ass, you miserable cunt.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What's the matter crybaby?

What's the matter crybaby? You are so stupid as to even consider why it is important to blaspheme even to the point of cussing. Our species is going about peace the wrong way. We stupidly think placating emotions and egos and censorship is the way to keep peace. Civility isn't always beeing free from being offended. Civility is what you do when you get offended.

Now, I know damned well as much as you hate me, you would not act out in violence physically towards me. Now if you and I can cuss each other out without killing each other, don't you think that is far better than getting violent over mere words? And our both being atheists and verbally fighting each other shows theists that we are not monochromatic.

That is where I would like more of the world EVERYONE included. To leave it at words like you calling me a "miserable cunt". 

And context of situation also matters which you also stupidly don't want to face. No one should project blanket tactics on each other. This post isn't at a 5 star hotel, it isn't at a weding or a funeral, and it isn't even aimed at all believers for that matter outside the idea of leaving it at words. 

Long before you threw a fit over Bob not agreeing with you, you have critized religion as well, and keep forgetting or even ignoring that merely saying "Your god does not exist" or "That is not true" might as well be a "fuck you" even without the cussing. 

If anyone, believer or even atheist, is more concerned with word choice than the actual violence done in the name of religion, that person has their priorities way out of whack. 

Now if you do not personally like me, that is your right. My advice to you is simple, if what I say bothers you that much, you can respond, and request, but if I do not stop, then it is on you, not me. No one put a gun to your head to force you to read my posts and the government is not forcing you to read my posts. Unlike alot of Christians, Muslims, Jews, atheists and gays, you are not being oppressed by merely being offended by me calling you a moron. 

Humans are not their claims. Humans make claims. You cannot draw blood and find a claim physically in their blood or DNA. Claims are what people buy and sell. Their right to make whatever claim they want is their right. And others have the right to call it bullshit. 

You need to grow up. If the worst that happens to you is me calling you a moron, you have it great.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

I don't have a problem. I couldn't care less who Israel elects. You are the one who thinks they are getting some kind of pass. I don't see anyone giving them a pass, so I pointed that out. You hve yet to explain exactly who is giving them a pass.

NO, I do not think all Jews think they deserve a pass. They title applies to the Jews that do falsele claim anti Semitism, not all Jews. I do care who they ellect because their fighting with Islam is  a pissing context we have to pay attention to. Only an idiot ignores the world arround them. I wouldn't give one fuck who leads any country if there were no wars. But the fact this is my only home and everyone has weapons I do give a shit.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
you have quite a double

you have quite a double standard, jackass. you call me names and pitch fits and it's rational or justified or contributing to the greater good or whatever kind of bullshit you tell yourself: i get angry and call you names and i'm being childish.

and why do you continue to insist on bringing bob up? to keep reminding me he's YOUR friend, NOT MINE? easy, hoss, for the 50th time, i'm not trying to steal your caretaker from you. and when have i ever "pitched a fit" with bob? refresh my memory. you see, believe it or not, my brief conversations with your man-crush are not any sort of milestones in my life.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

NO, I do not think all Jews think they deserve a pass. They title applies to the Jews that do falsele claim anti Semitism, not all Jews. I do care who they ellect because their fighting with Islam is  a pissing context we have to pay attention to. Only an idiot ignores the world arround them. I wouldn't give one fuck who leads any country if there were no wars. But the fact this is my only home and everyone has weapons I do give a shit.

Only an arrogant idiot thinks they know who should run a government halfway around the world, in a country he never visited, in a culture he knows nothing about, with issues he is half aware of at best, than the people who actually live there.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Wow, at first glance I thought your OP said "Another reason Jews should be gassed". 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Wow, at first glance I thought your OP said "Another reason Jews should be gassed". 

christ, please don't say that. his reading comprehension skills are so poor he'll take you seriouslu and spend the next few months going, "you really think i would like to see all the jews killed, don't you?"

he already seems to think i or beyond or someone believes he would disown his mother for being catholic and wouldn't help a theist who was "bleeding in the street."

--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:ProzacDeathWish

iwbiek wrote:
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

christ, please don't say that. his reading comprehension skills are so poor he'll take you seriouslu and spend the next few months going, "you really think i would like to see all the jews killed, don't you?"
he already seems to think i or beyond or someone believes he would disown his mother for being catholic and wouldn't help a theist who was "bleeding in the street."

OOPS !

Jabberwocky
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Holy crap.

Brian37 wrote:

Umm...usually when people get unreasonably upset, they can at least feign a reason for it. You've failed to even do that, and your outbursts have as much justification for them as the awful arguments of a Caposkia or Jean Chauvin's have. Get over yourself. 

Theists - If your god is omnipotent, remember the following: He (or she) has the cure for cancer, but won't tell us what it is.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Jewish passes

Jewish passes

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jabberwocky wrote:Brian37

Jabberwocky wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Umm...usually when people get unreasonably upset, they can at least feign a reason for it. You've failed to even do that, and your outbursts have as much justification for them as the awful arguments of a Caposkia or Jean Chauvin's have. Get over yourself. 

i lost count of the number of people here who are telling him exactly that. but of course it has nothing to do with him. the problem is we're all just too politically correct and offended by his "blasphemy."

--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

To be fair, Furry was also the most arrogant and abrasive theist who ever stuck around more than a few days and/or posted in more than one or two topics. She challenged everyone and everything, rudely. Maybe it's because she's a jew, but I have no evidence to support that position. It's just as likely she was a bitch regardless of her religious inclination.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
probably never got the

probably never got the dosage right on "her" hormone pills.

there are plenty of polite jews. the thing with furry is that she seemed to think we would automatically be somewhat in awe of her because jews rarely care about the theist/atheist debate. she also thought her religion could offer some sort of fundamental perspective that the other religions can't (it couldn't). and she was clearly also expecting no one here to really know much about judaism, in which case she got a rude awakening with me, so then she retreated to the whole "you have to be jewish to truly understand judaism" bullshit.

she was also a convert, and religious converts are almost always more zealous than those who were born into the religion, because they feel an inherent insecurity about their place in the new religion.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: she was also a

iwbiek wrote:

she was also a convert, and religious converts are almost always more zealous than those who were born into the religion, because they feel an inherent insecurity about their place in the new religion.

If hell exists for me, it would be being in a place filled with "born again" Christians. Boy are they going to be surprised when they get to all sit with me down in the fire and brimstone just so that I am properly punished.