Pope to vistit U.S. Soon, suggested protest.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pope to vistit U.S. Soon, suggested protest.

Although I am dirt poor and wont be able to go anywhere, maybe others depending on where he goes, NY and DC can protest is bullshit censorship advocacy.

Now again, what atheists are protesting would NOT be against human rights, but the attitude that anyone has the right to be blasphemy free. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
sell some possessions and go

sell some possessions and go greyhound.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:sell some

iwbiek wrote:
sell some possessions and go greyhound.

Who are you aiming that at?

That moron basically suggested humanity act like schoolard brats. In real life people will say things that piss you off, like I do to you and you do to me. In civil socity we only get to respond with our own voice. So are you siding with the assholes who murdered someone over a cartoon, because that idiot basically equated religion to moms. 

You are still having the same fucking childish bratty problem knowing the difference between rights and claims. Nowhere did I say outlaw what he said. He has the right to say bullshit and I have the right to call him on his  bullshit.

His advocasy of censorship is the same crap that caused the dark ages. That lead the Church put a scientist under house arrest for telling the truth. On top of hiding child molesters. 

You piss me off lots here, can I punch you in the face? NO?Then maybe it isn't a good idea even implying it.

This stems from religion because it is a placbo reflection of our natural group survival. If the Pope were truly concerned with civility and not his own power he would have left it at, "No one has the right to get violent over merely getting pissed".

He is protecting his power, not civility.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
you do realize that

you do realize that literally only the first sentence of that asinine spiel actually addressed what i said, right? you really have cracked.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:you do realize

iwbiek wrote:
you do realize that literally only the first sentence of that asinine spiel actually addressed what i said, right? you really have cracked.

Yea ok, got on autopilot. Sorry, but it isn't like you don't give me reason. I do think in all seriousness I have a slight bit of dislexia. I find myself constantly transposing words like there and their. I thought I possessions was "poison". And it isn't like you don't take jabs at me.

Now do you understand where religion comes from? It comes from our gap filling, just like you rightfully pointed out to me here. That is what makes it poison. Or are you going to drone on about how I never apologize for being mistaken.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i didn't point out any gap

i didn't point out any gap filling. and forget about apologizing, i'd just like to see you admit to the mistakes you've made. i'm not alone in that.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i didn't point

iwbiek wrote:
i didn't point out any gap filling. and forget about apologizing, i'd just like to see you admit to the mistakes you've made. i'm not alone in that.

Thats funny comming from you with that avatar.

I just admited to a mistake dumbass.

It still does not change my rightful position of calling religion poison. Nor does it make any economic worldview a blanket solution just because some masterbates over it. 

The only thing that keeps us pluralistic is a ban on ALL monopolies of power in ALL aspects of society. Worship of an economic view is a form of religion. Worship of a political party is a form of religion. Worship of a business model is a form of religion. Blindly saying "don't pick on religion because they might get their feelings hurt" allows for the seeds of theocracy. 

Religion as far as religion goes, is very dangerous. It is not that you can get rid of it. It is that it is a stupid idea to give it a pass. It is as stupid as leaving a campfire unatended.

The reason you call it poison and treat it as such is because like any other aspect of society, if you let it do what it wants it can and will go off the rails and become abusive.

You stupidly argued that religion is complex in the past which is a DUH! But just like the human body, it still goes from simple to complex. Your body is complex, but it is still made up of more simple structures, atoms.

You start of with what causes the complexity by understanding the simple reasons first. The starting point of religion is not complex. It is human gap filling. That comic book gap filling is what allows humans to create all those complexities, and it still amounts to justifying seting up social pecking orders.

That is what allows one to know that all religions have nice motifs and nice stories in their traditions and holy books. THAT should tell humans that their ability to be compassionate is in them, not books not traditions. Untill you accept that simple evolutionary fact, it won't help you one bit to be focused on the complexities that divide humanity. The idea is to get more people to put focus on that universal, rather than their personal likes. It is not a call to end religion, but to get rid of the poison of having it on the front burner when it should be on the back burner.

None of our modern religions, polytheistic, monotheistic or even new age, were arround 200,000 years ago, much less 4 billion years ago. Evolution existed long before our species and our emotions and our cooperation and our cruelty stem from prior primates and prior mammals and prior life. Accept that first, then you can detangle religion to make it more managable.

Your well inteneded protection of others will not help them by coddling their insecurities.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Instead there are only

Instead there are only excuses that lost any validity years ago.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wow, I just admitted to my

Wow, I just admitted to my own gap filling. You guys are simply still pissed that Bob didn't side with you.

Give it up. 

1. No one is advocating, or should advocate ending religion by force.

2. Calling religion poison is not bigoted, it is simply calling it what it is, a flaw in our evolution that causes humans to make bad guesses. 

3. Religion explains reality like a kaliedescope can replace a telescope.

4. Science and evolution explain reality, that is not advocating humans become emotionless robots.

5. Human rights cannot be, nor should be confused with abilitity to demonstrate the credibilty of a claim.

6. Just admit you do not like me personally.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
No you claimed a medical

No you claimed a medical reason for failing to understand what iwbiek said. That is an excuse. One that might have been valid if you'd recognised it 3 years ago and had demonstrated a willingness and intent to work around it. Instead the opposite ocurred, and you ignored it (if it's even true) as you ignored everyones comments for the past 5+ years.

Noone accused you of gap filling, so admitting to it is irrelevant. You are a liar and a proud ignoramus. You still haven't admitted to that, and THAT is what you are accused of.

1: Noone claimed otherwise.

2: Calling religion isn't just bigoted, it's ignorant to the extreme. It demonstrates a failure to understand religion AND the human psyche, and simultaneously demonstrates a complete failure in logic. It is literally stupid. You are as bad as a theist.

3: So what? That has nothing to do with the topic.

4: Irrelevant.

5: Irrelevant.

6: We ALL already did that years ago. Get over it. It has nothing to do with you being a moron.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
nobody gives a shit what bob

nobody gives a shit what bob thinks except you bob "siding with" someone is not any kind of coup.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 All of which is miles away

All of which is miles away from the original suggestion, "sell some stuff and go greyhound", or bolt bus or something else where you can often get tickets for $30 or less. Wow someone with your charming personality at the protest and bum a couch to crash on (or a bed, maybe with someone else if'n your lucky). Hell, put up an ad on craigslist right now and you could probably bum a ride with someone. I think the point was, why don't you try to find a way to do what you want rather than moan about not being able to do it. 

www.wanderu.com/search/

just randomly picking a day, Fayetteville to DC $10 each way on Megabus March 12th. Probably find something cheaper if you spent more than the 30 seconds I did. I can make that much money in a few hours selling homemade lemonade. Sure, the government is going to send agents to shut you down, but they'll probably give you a warning, it will take them a week or two, and then you can rant against government loonacy with me.  

For me, I just don't give enough of a shit about the pope to waste my time, and will probably avoid any areas he is in actively because I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of people who think the Pope is the holy shit while I'm drinking. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X