OP/ED NYPD leader the real douchebag.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
OP/ED NYPD leader the real douchebag.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...n-article-

Patrick should be ashamed of himself for using the unfortunate and tragic murders of these officers to bait an argument with the Mayor. I think he may have forgotten about two tea party nuts who murdered the cops in the Walmart. I think instead of blaming the public maybe you need to work with the public and listen to the public. Our biggest problem is is our flooded gun market and until all businesses in general stop dictating the market to the rest of us, our economic pay gap will produce instability. This should not be an issue of us vs them. Our enemy is our pay gap. Our enemy is lack of livable wages. Our enemy is lack of investment. Cops are needed and we all want safety. Patrick better be glad I don't have the power to fire him. I would highly suggest all the brave officers there and nation wide condemn Patrick's selfish and divisive comments.

Patrick you are the real douchebag. It is not the duty of police officers to tell the public what they can or cannot protest. Protect and serve does not mean thought police. Saying that there is not enough oversight of law enforcement is not advocating violence. You blaming peaceful protesters is what is feeding the fear.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Correction to the OP. I

Correction to the OP. I meant to say the tea party nuts who murdered the cops in AZ who ened up in the Walmart.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The sad thing is that the

The sad thing is that the public beginning to turn on the police should be a wakeup call to police and politicians everywhere. Instead the police will get more jumpy and kill more people, and the situation will escalate; all because the people in power are too stupid to recognise the US has become a police state rife with corruption. I've never been particularly interested in travel to the US, but these days I wouldn't go there for all the cash in the world.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 The only reason I ever

The only reason I ever travel to the US is family. Were it not for that, I would never set foot there.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's pre-meditated murder

It's pre-meditated murder plain and simple and I'd be going after the 200 people who 'liked' the Instagram posting that he was going to murder the cops.

I'd also tell the Unions to go fuck off as they are using this tragedy to do a public smear campaign on a Mayor who I don't believe deserves it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Those 200 people comitted no

Those 200 people comitted no crimes, and the police are a legitimate target. It is, after all, the police who are killing people without justification or cause and without recrimination. With increasing frequency. They've demonstrated they won't take care of the problem in the status quo, as have the courts and politicians. That leaves it to the people, who's only tool is deadly force.

I don't see how a single mayor could possibly be at fault in this, so the fact that people are blaming the mayor is ridiculous. It is every mayor, every senator, every councillor, every congressman, even those in the white house past and present. Sheriffs and attorney generals. A policy of treating the population as criminals for decades. A justice system so broken it declares a full third of the entire population as criminals.

I hope to see more of the people fighting back. It is the only way to turn things around. If enough cops get killed, they'll be forced to take action. They'll have a choice of reform, or escalation. Either way it will inevitably lead to changes for the better, even if it must get worse before it can get better.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Those 200

Vastet wrote:
Those 200 people comitted no crimes, and the police are a legitimate target. It is, after all, the police who are killing people without justification or cause and without recrimination. With increasing frequency. They've demonstrated they won't take care of the problem in the status quo, as have the courts and politicians. That leaves it to the people, worse before it can get better.

I'd gather all of them and throw them in to Guantanamo bay, water board them, then hold then for ten years with no evidence or trial.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
In similar spirit, I'd do

In similar spirit, I'd do the same to every cop, serving or retired.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 While I do think we give

While I do think we give too much of a blank check to law enforcement, I also think it is absurd to blame every cop when it is more a matter of conditions and climate.  We have to have police in a civil society no matter what. 

Our lack of good pay for everyone, our lack of investment in health care and mental health care, and our flooded gun market  of both legal and illegal guns, puts officers in the position of assuming the worst, and the more militarized the police are the more paranoid the public is. I think less guns and better pay for all and stricter regulations will reduce that fear.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is less absurd to blame

It is less absurd to blame every cop for something every cop bears responsibility for than it is to go after 200 legitimately angry people who almost certainly were just talking out their asses.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
How politically powerful the

How politically powerful the police force has become in NYC should concern everyone. A mayor shouldn't have to worry about whether the police force likes their  reforms when they have the support of the voters.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Those 200

Vastet wrote:
Those 200 people comitted no crimes, and the police are a legitimate target. It is, after all, the police who are killing people without justification or cause and without recrimination. With increasing frequency. They've demonstrated they won't take care of the problem in the status quo, as have the courts and politicians. That leaves it to the people, who's only tool is deadly force. I don't see how a single mayor could possibly be at fault in this, so the fact that people are blaming the mayor is ridiculous. It is every mayor, every senator, every councillor, every congressman, even those in the white house past and present. Sheriffs and attorney generals. A policy of treating the population as criminals for decades. A justice system so broken it declares a full third of the entire population as criminals. I hope to see more of the people fighting back. It is the only way to turn things around. If enough cops get killed, they'll be forced to take action. They'll have a choice of reform, or escalation. Either way it will inevitably lead to changes for the better, even if it must get worse before it can get better.

You are yet another reason I hate men and testosterone. Those two dead cops were human beings with families who are mourning their loss right now. And the asshole who shot them was no hero, he shot his girfried before going up to NYC and he had priors. This is not the same as going after corrupt government. 

This was a lone nut, just like the Muslim in Australia who held hostages at the caffe. No different than the two tea party nuts who murdered the cops in AZ.

Going after bad actors in government and law enforcement is one thing. Violence to solve violence does nothing but create more division and fear and that leads to more violence. Browns parents and Garner's parents condemned the murders of the cops. I do too. I hate our male species and how they far too often feel that violence is the solution. 

If you want more militarized police and more death, talk like yours does not help. What we need is more voices and more protests, not armed resistence. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  You are

Brian37 wrote:

You are yet another reason I hate men and testosterone.

"Me, too, bro !"

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Those 200 people comitted no crimes, and the police are a legitimate target. It is, after all, the police who are killing people without justification or cause and without recrimination. With increasing frequency. They've demonstrated they won't take care of the problem in the status quo, as have the courts and politicians. That leaves it to the people, who's only tool is deadly force. I don't see how a single mayor could possibly be at fault in this, so the fact that people are blaming the mayor is ridiculous. It is every mayor, every senator, every councillor, every congressman, even those in the white house past and present. Sheriffs and attorney generals. A policy of treating the population as criminals for decades. A justice system so broken it declares a full third of the entire population as criminals. I hope to see more of the people fighting back. It is the only way to turn things around. If enough cops get killed, they'll be forced to take action. They'll have a choice of reform, or escalation. Either way it will inevitably lead to changes for the better, even if it must get worse before it can get better.

You are yet another reason I hate men and testosterone. Those two dead cops were human beings with families who are mourning their loss right now. And the asshole who shot them was no hero, he shot his girfried before going up to NYC and he had priors. This is not the same as going after corrupt government. 

This was a lone nut, just like the Muslim in Australia who held hostages at the caffe. No different than the two tea party nuts who murdered the cops in AZ.

Going after bad actors in government and law enforcement is one thing. Violence to solve violence does nothing but create more division and fear and that leads to more violence. Browns parents and Garner's parents condemned the murders of the cops. I do too. I hate our male species and how they far too often feel that violence is the solution. 

If you want more militarized police and more death, talk like yours does not help. What we need is more voices and more protests, not armed resistence. 

Hormones and gender have nothing to do with it. You're a complete idiot for suggesting it is the problem. Of course we all know you're a complete idiot, so there's no surprise there.

Those two dead cops participated in a culture of oppression and brutality. They deserved it, and so do the majority of the rest of them. There are a very few who've attempted to fight the corruption and the power grabbing, and every one of them has been ostracized for their efforts.

Anyone who stands up to the emerging police state is a hero, whether you like it or not. You're an ignorant pawn who's actually part of the problem. Protests will solve nothing. They've solved nothing since Vietnam. You are incapable of understanding that once a certain line has been crossed, only violence can curtail things from spiralling into complete 1984-esqe society. If you want to remain a puppet, go ahead. The more intelligent amongst us will stand up for ourselves and save your sorry ass in the process. You're welcome.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Those two

Vastet wrote:
 Those two dead cops participated in a culture of oppression and brutality. They deserved it, and so do the majority of the rest of them. There are a very few who've attempted to fight the corruption and the power grabbing, and every one of them has been ostracized for their efforts. Anyone who stands up to the emerging police state is a hero, whether you like it or not. You're an ignorant pawn who's actually part of the problem. Protests will solve nothing.

You call Brian an idiot and then post a lame brain idiotic post like this?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Facts are facts, regardless

Facts are facts, regardless of whether you find them distasteful. I look forward to the day when the masses are capable of understanding reality, as opposed to living in a fantasy. It's lonely being in reality. There aren't many who reside there.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Facts are

Vastet wrote:
Facts are facts, regardless of whether you find them distasteful. I look forward to the day when the masses are capable of understanding reality, as opposed to living in a fantasy. It's lonely being in reality. There aren't many who reside there.

If you were actually here with me in reality you would have said "There aren't many who reside here" signifying that you know you are in reality.

I hope one day you can join me.

And yes, it is loney here. Smiling

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to travel to fantasy

I have to travel to fantasy world to talk to people in fantasy world. While I'm here, referring to reality as "there" is quite proper. Maybe you'll understand one day. I hope you will.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I have to

Vastet wrote:
I have to travel to fantasy world to talk to people in fantasy world. While I'm here, referring to reality as "there" is quite proper. Maybe you'll understand one day. I hope you will.

There you go again! Off on some adventure. I'm going to start thinking you are a hobbit.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is always an adventure

It is always an adventure travelling to fantasy world. Not necessarily a pleasant adventure, but that's the way of things.