Another shameless plug for ABBA .

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Another shameless plug for ABBA .

https://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio

I can literally trace my modern tastes back to ABBA. I am happy to say I don't give one fuck.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
https://www.youtube.com/watch

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Here is a metal remake

Here is a metal remake from Yngwie Malmsteen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbo5omhfY0A

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yawn...  that's nice.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Yet you spent the time to

Yet you spent the time to post that to bump the thread to give them even more attention you think they don't deserve.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Yet you

Brian37 wrote:

Yet you spent the time to post that to bump the thread to give them even more attention you think they don't deserve.

Oh no !!!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
isn't a plug "shameless"

isn't a plug "shameless" when it's done by the artists themselves? why should a fan be ashamed of plugging?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
iwbiek wrote:isn't a plug

iwbiek wrote:
isn't a plug "shameless" when it's done by the artists themselves? why should a fan be ashamed of plugging?

Really? Out of all things to nit pick?  Maybe you should scroll up. 

If you must know. I think everyone old enough knows what a bad stigma ABBA got in the states and disco in general by the late 70s. I was a huge Abba fan late in the erra and found out very quickly how well they were liked when I went from private school, being an awkard pimple faced teen with no friend to public school.

Even to this day I get teased about being a fan, no not the same cruelty as when I was a kid. But there are people who think they suck and that I should be ashamed of liking them, just like some people hate rap music an lump it in all together.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Benny and Bjorn from ABBA

Benny and Bjorn from ABBA were classically trained musicians. Same with Metallica. Now here is Mama Mia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unfzfe8f9NI

Now a famous song by Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ARuoSFflc

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Benny and

Brian37 wrote:
Benny and Bjorn from ABBA were classically trained musicians. Same with Metallica.

Yeah, and your point is? A lot of 70's and 80's bands had classically trained musicians. You would be hard pressed to find a major band that didn't have one as a member, producer or song writer. Even Nirvana, the poster child of untrained garage rock bands, picked up Lori Goldston.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Ugggggggggg, the point

Ugggggggggg, the point Beyond, is always the same with you, no matter the subject. You really have no clue. Stuck in a bubble as usual.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Ugggggggggg,

Brian37 wrote:

Ugggggggggg, the point Beyond, is always the same with you, no matter the subject. You really have no clue. Stuck in a bubble as usual.

That didn't clarify your point at all.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, the great warren zevon

yeah, the great warren zevon was a classically trained pianist. he even had stravinsky as a tutor a few times when he was a kid in LA.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
http://news.yahoo.com/bjorn-u