Freethought Society, Margaret Downy and a thank you to Brian Sapient.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Freethought Society, Margaret Downy and a thank you to Brian Sapient.

Margaret Downy back in 07 was the event organizer for the "Crystal Clear" convention in DC. Hitchens and Dawkins and Harris and Dennet and Ayaan were the main speakers.

I showed up to the convention not expecting anything except maybe catching a glimpse  of the speakers outside the venue in the lobby. Met Brian there and to my shock he said "Hey you want to help me out". I asked him how and he said "Follow Margaret around and do everything she says". 

I mentally shit my pants, outwardly kept my cool, but in my head was thinking "don't fuck up, don't fuck up". I played gofer for two days, it was intimidating but fun.

I have to thank Brian for that experience.  And also thank Margaret for allowing me to help her.

She just invited me to "like" the Freethought Soceity FB page. I invite FB users to like them too.

Thank you Brian and thank you Margaret.

Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Freethought-Society/147128532024347?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:"Follow

Brian37 wrote:
"Follow Margaret around and do everything she says".

Oh my God you were stalking Margaret Downy, too ? 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
"Follow Margaret around and do everything she says".

Oh my God you were stalking Margaret Downy, too ? 

No, that was Brian's idea, he came up to me. Shit you get an opportunity to do that are you going to say no?

Margaret had me hand wright seating chart names in marker and after each card I made and looked at my handwriting I was thinking to myself "no no no we are not going to put this on Dawkins chair". Then there was when I couldn't operate her cell phone, and when she sent me up to her room to find her keys which I could not find. The whole time I was thinking "Brian's going to kill me". But it worked out and whatever flaws we had no one seemed to notice.

It was nerve racking but I'd do it again.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
That's funny.  I never knew

That's funny.  I never knew there were hiccups, you pulled it off well.  I think we both have a lot of thanks for free help, thanks for volunteering your time that weekend.  I knew you'd enjoy it. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sapient wrote:That's

Sapient wrote:

That's funny.  I never knew there were hiccups, you pulled it off well.  I think we both have a lot of thanks for free help, thanks for volunteering your time that weekend.  I knew you'd enjoy it. 

It was fun and frightening at the same time. Like tandem skydiving and all you keep thinking about the instructor is "When are you going to pull the cord and open that damned chute!"

No man, I gotta thank you for that.