Arkansas politician shoots off his mouth about guns and Boston bombers.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arkansas politician shoots off his mouth about guns and Boston bombers.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 When a crazy person armed

When a crazy person armed with explosives and a demonstrated willingness to kill indiscriminately is running through your neighborhood, would you rather be armed or unarmed?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: When a

Beyond Saving wrote:

When a crazy person armed with explosives and a demonstrated willingness to kill indiscriminately is running through your neighborhood, would you rather be armed or unarmed?

Shut up Dirty Harry. Seriously? Everyone at that Marathon could have been armed and they STILL would have done it. You live in some stupid Hollywood movie. How would anyone have known they had bombs even if they had been armed?

If someone wants me dead, more likely than not I wouldn't have time to draw a weapon anyway. Plus I am not trained nor do I care to handle a fire arm. Your penis extention is your bagage, not mine.

Japan certainly has way more gun deaths than we do....OH WAIT!

Please take your Clint Eastwood crap elsewhere.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Shut up Dirty

Brian37 wrote:

Shut up Dirty Harry. Seriously? Everyone at that Marathon could have been armed and they STILL would have done it. You live in some stupid Hollywood movie. How would anyone have known they had bombs even if they had been armed?

He wasn't talking about the bombing dumb ass. He was talking about during the manhunt, when you are sitting in your home and a person who is dangerous is running for their life and just might decide to break into your house to grab a hostage or two. Everyone knew who the bad guy was and knew his general geographic vicinity. I'm sure everyone in Boston was watching tv. At that point, it would be very nice to be armed.

Or the guy who walked out and found the bad guy in his boat. He is just really lucky that the crazy was injured and apparently unable to get out and attack him- it took the police 10 minutes to show up even though they were already in the area. 10 minutes is eternity when someone is trying to kill you. If I was that guy, I definitely would have wanted to be armed.   

Brian37 wrote:

If someone wants me dead, more likely than not I wouldn't have time to draw a weapon anyway. Plus I am not trained nor do I care to handle a fire arm. Your penis extention is your bagage, not mine.

If someone breaks into my house I am far less likely to die than you, especially in a scenario like the manhunt where I am at a heightened state of alert because I know someone dangerous is in my neighborhood. But hey, it is your life I support your right to die defenseless if you want. I think it is pretty irrational to be so fearful of weapons that you wouldn't even want one when your life is in imminent danger. It is as irrational as being so afraid of knives you won't use one to cut a tomato. 

Brian37 wrote:

Please take your Clint Eastwood crap elsewhere. 

No. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X