Gay advocats buy house accross from Westboro Baptist Church.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gay advocats buy house accross from Westboro Baptist Church.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rofl.

Rofl.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  While I understand and

While I understand and applaud the symbolic value of a counter protesting ( I have done so myself ) I would advise them to invest in some form of self defense ( it need not be a firearm ) because what they have also done is comparable to going into an all black neighborhood and buying a house and then painting "KKK" on the outside.   True, not everyone in the neighborhood will be against your right to voice your opinion but when and if  the haters do show up they don't always stop with angry words.  Just read the papers.   

Other than that, good luck to 'em.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote: 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

While I understand and applaud the symbolic value of a counter protesting ( I have done so myself ) I would advise them to invest in some form of self defense ( it need not be a firearm ) because what they have also done is comparable to going into an all black neighborhood and buying a house and then painting "KKK" on the outside.   True, not everyone in the neighborhood will be against your right to voice your opinion but when and if  the haters do show up they don't always stop with angry words.  Just read the papers.   

Other than that, good luck to 'em.

WHAT THE FUCK? Um no, what the gays are doing is not advocating bigotry like the KKK. I do agree that it is a polite FUCK YOU affront, but equating what the gays are doing to what the KKK did? I am a bit miffed as to how anyone could compare the two.

I do agree that they should have some sort of protection, like alarms and safety in numbers. But if their property is harmed or they are physically harmed there would be no excuse for it. It would be like blaming a rape victim for their own rape.

If anyone gets caught for physically harming another human, FOR ANY REASON, when it is aggressive and not in self defense, the blame goes on the aggressor, not the victim, all labels aside.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:WHAT THE FUCK?

Brian37 wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK? Um no, what the gays are doing is not advocating bigotry like the KKK. I do agree that it is a polite FUCK YOU affront, but equating what the gays are doing to what the KKK did? I am a bit miffed as to how anyone could compare the two.

Hey Brian, I'm a bit "miffed" by your constant holier than thou, I'm more sensitive than you are bull shit.  Seriously, you'll take anyone's constructive commentary and piss all over it because some superficial aspect of it OFFENDS you and your hyperactive sense of political correctness. 

Besides you shrieking ninny, I wasn't equating being gay with bigotry but instead with the dangers of representing a group that holds a controversial viewpoint ( ie, gay rights ) in an community that is largely unsupportive of gay rights  and that could easily illicit violent reaction you stupid twit. 

The rest of your commentary isn't even worth criticizing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Hey Brian, I'm a bit "miffed" by your constant holier than thou, I'm more sensitive than you are bull shit.  Seriously, you'll take anyone's constructive commentary and piss all over it because some superficial aspect of it OFFENDS you and your hyperactive sense of political correctness. 

Besides you shrieking ninny, I wasn't equating being gay with bigotry but instead with the dangers of representing a group that holds a controversial viewpoint ( ie, gay rights ) in an community that is largely unsupportive of gay rights  and that could easily illicit violent reaction you stupid twit. 

Again what the fuck are you going on about? You equated what these gays did to the KKK has done, or did I miss something?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:...or did I

Brian37 wrote:
...or did I miss something?

BINGO !

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
not_PDW wrote:what they have

not_PDW wrote:

what they have also done is comparable to a gazelle going into a lion's den and giving one of them a kick in the ass

not_Brian wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK? Um no, what the gays are doing is not like being an african herbivore. I do agree that it is a polite FUCK YOU affront, but equating what the gays are doing to what the gazelle did? I am a bit miffed as to how anyone could compare the two.
 See the point?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

What the fuck? When something is a no brainer how do you equate "bigots have a legal right to be bigots" to I am an asshole for speaking out against them?

"You get more honey than you do with vinegar"?  Sounds nice and within context it can work. But I doubt you could make the argument that Hitler was "misunderstood" anymore than it made sense for Rodman to suck up to Kim Jong Un. Unless you are going to argue that basketball overrides fascism?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

See the point?

Apparently Brian doesn't see the actual point but thanks GUFAM for providing the dumbed down version of my story, but alas he's still too busy pontificating to waste any more time with.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I think if Brian read each

I think if Brian read each post half as fast and twice as often, and took twice as long to post half as many responses, There'd be a lot less vitriolic misunderstandings and flaming going on on these boards.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I agree completely.

I agree completely.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.