It just warms my heart

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
It just warms my heart

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120913/NEWS/209130378

Quote:

Healthy food policy at school jumpstarts chocolate syrup trade

By NATALIE SHERMAN

[email protected]

September 13, 2012 12:10 AM

NEW BEDFORD — A new product has popped up on the city's black market and it's selling in an unexpected place: Greater New Bedford Vocational-Technical High School, which has become ground zero for a new underground economy based on trade in chocolate syrup.

Students said some of their peers are buying the contraband liquid for 50 cents and squeezing it into cartons of white milk to give it flavor. It's their way of coping with a ban on flavored milk — and a long list of other items — that took effect Aug. 1.

These little chocolate smugglers, give me hope for the future of America. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm, a new market for

Hmmm, a new market for organized crime to exploit.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I could build a new empire

I could build a new empire off of this policing of health !

10 bucks for a hit of that Kit Kat Bar. Cheapest deal that you will find anywhere.

5 bucks for  an Oreo cookie.

2 bucks for a Chocolate Chip, granted, these prices may seem high, but this is REAL Kit Kats and not some synthetic chocolate that all of the other dealers are out there pushing.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Start saving chocolate now.

Start saving chocolate now. I've read a couple studies suggesting cocoa may be either extinct or significantly endangered (rare & expensive) in the next 20-40 years. No more Toblerone's. Sad

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
This could all be a

This could all be a conspiracy.

http://www.infowars.com/shooter-james-holmes-and-darpa-weird-science/

Perhaps DoD wants to corner the market on Cocoa. The government teliing us they care about our health more than they care about their power. That's a good one.

Time to buy cocoa futures. I think it is a good bet because the more prices rise, the more war and violence there is in Ivory coast, which only disrupts supply. If the government tries to keep youi from having something it only drives the price up.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can guarantee you that if

I can guarantee you that if the world goes to shit, but there are still adequate numbers of people for a currency system, chocolate will be the most valuable food product per gram in North America and Europe.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:Start saving

Vastet wrote:
Start saving chocolate now. I've read a couple studies suggesting cocoa may be either extinct or significantly endangered (rare & expensive) in the next 20-40 years. No more Toblerone's. Sad

Beyoned is going to sqeeze one off over what I am about to say.

DONT FUCK WITH THE TOBLERONE! I would become a Toblerone smuggler if it went on the black market. Toblerone is the shit!

My mom introduced me to that when I was a kid, and it was not widely famous in America like it is today. To me it was forgein and exotic and it tasted damned fucking good. I liked it back then because it didn't have that nasty Hershy aftertaste.

An aside question to anyone? Was anyone as repelled by the horrid overwheming smell of Hershey Park? It is one thing to like something because of it's smell, ANY FOOD. But I damned sure don't want to walk through it like it is fucking cheap cologne and gag on it like I did when I went there. I litterally had a headache when I left. 

Yes Beyond, I do like the open market. But I certainly don't want Toblerone using bleach in it's recipe or allowing ecoli to get through. So while I love the product, I certainly wouldn't want it made in a fucking sweat shop where the workers piss in the batter.

You still owe this commie a beer, and now a Toblerone!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog