Intense Prep for Law School Admission Test Alters Brain Structure

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Intense Prep for Law School Admission Test Alters Brain Structure

Exerpts from: ScienceDaily (Aug. 22, 2012)

Intensive preparation for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) actually changes the microscopic structure of the brain, physically bolstering the connections between areas of the brain important for reasoning, according to neuroscientists at the University of California, Berkeley.

The new study shows that reasoning training does alter brain connections, which is good news for the test prep industry, but also for people who have poor reasoning skills and would like to improve them. The findings are reported today (Wednesday, Aug. 22) in the open access journal Frontiers in Neuroanatomy.

The results also suggest that LSAT training improves students' reasoning ability by strengthening the connections between the left and right hemispheres of the brain.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/120822125222.htm

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even evangelicals can learn

Even evangelicals can learn how to think, if they put some effort into it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Now I wish I became a

Now I wish I became a lawyer

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Even

Vastet wrote:
Even evangelicals can learn how to think, if they put some effort into it.

Yeah, the problem is will they though.

This is a very interesting read and exceptionally good news to hear, in spite of the fact that evangelicals will not want to learn how to think because critical thinking skills might actually end their religion.

I think the more science advances the study of the brain, even less footing will be allowed for theists to stand on.

Take that post that you put out about science now being able to cure morphine and heroin addiction.

Churches are PACKED with people that are ready to testify " I was a hopeless drug addict until I found JESUS" (as if this somehow proves jack shit).

Now, with science finding out more and more about brain chemistry, addiction and thinking processes, yet another phase of religion (a beacon for the hopeless) begins to die.

I don't remember who it was on here that had the sig that read : Reality is the graveyard of the gods. But, I like that statement and fully believe it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno