Sweden Grants Religious Recognition To File-Sharing Church

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sweden Grants Religious Recognition To File-Sharing Church

According to this article in TechWeek Europe,  the Swedish government has recognized the Church of Kopism as a religion, "whose main belief is the right to file-share".

the Church of Kopimism regards information as holy, and copying as a sacrament. It also holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V
(the keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste) as sacred symbols.

Maybe megaupload would have survived it it had called itself a religion.  

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 lol, so do people who

lol, so do people who break the church's rules get Ctrl F4? And instead of baptism you get Ctrl Alt Delete to be reborn?

All hail our Lord Protector Kaspersky, may he protect us from the demons amongst us and smite them until no trace remains even in the sacred Windows Registry. And all glory to The Great Google for inventing the incognito mode to protect our actions from the prying eyes of our significant others. Amen.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Finally, a religion I can

Finally, a religion I can agree with.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hope this religion grows

I hope this religion grows and gets richer - and invests into some sacred servers in basement of their every church. I hope there will be some miracles of resurrection. We all heard about Megaupload, but I actually miss Btjunkie most of all.

I'd love to visit their sermons, even if they pass the basket around. Looks like a good place to hang out, full of computer-literate folks, as compared to churches full of candlewomen. Hell, it might be a nice place to have a wedding. If they won't get too orthodox and let me keep the genetic copyright on my wife Smiling 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.