cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Difficult

Bipolar is a difficult illness.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah she's got problems

Yeah she's got problems alright.  I've seen someone flip out like that on drugs. It's like once they start on that tangent they don't know what to do and can't stop. But you also get a good look at their dark side. I kinda feel sorry for her in a way. She's gonna have a hard time showing her face in public. In another way it's good to see someone that bitches and moans about racism showing their hypocrisy, but she was clearly not in control.

Racism will probably never go away, but I think black people in general don't help their cause by forcing political correctness to the rest of us to the point of ridiculous. They are just perpetuating it and sometimes it just seems that that's the way they want it.  Before you know it, the term African American won't be politically correct anymore. That kinda shit just feeds the flames and makes people hostile that would probably just stay neutral if they would just leave it alone. I wish everybody could just get over it already, but I might as well just shit in the other hand.

I didn't catch the jist of the "evolution phasing out black people" thing. I couldn't hear the professor's answer.  Surely he didn't just straight up say it that way. Cuz there were plenty of other black people in the class and surely he woulda had small riot on his hands.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, it's a sad thing, the

Yeah, it's a sad thing, the student was bipolar and her illness maybe got her thrown out of the studies. Maybe she just stopped taking her meds. And it could happen any time in her life, later at job, and so on. I hope they won't judge her harshly and let her transfer somewhere else or go back with a new prescription and public apology or something. 

Damn, but I just can't not post this one. Take it as a sign of my Aspergers, with no sense of social propriety. 

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lol. I guarantee that's the

Lol. I guarantee that's the shit that'd happen the one day I didn't go to class. Story of my life.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 What disturbs me in this

What disturbs me in this video, and many others like it, is when a person goes off like this the majority of people just stand around even when it becomes clear that she is becoming a physical danger to herself and others. Everyone says "call the police", by the time police get there it might be too late. It was like four minutes in before some guy had the courage to tell her to get out, I assume he was a teacher from another class or something that heard the disturbance. But you see the same thing all the time in these videos of people being beat up and such and people just watch.

When Trayvon was shot, the one witness saw the fight and ran to call 911, locking the door behind him. If he had the balls to simply step in and break up the fight we could have a legal battle over who started it instead of a dead kid. Americans are becoming a bunch of wimps who are too chicken to step in to resolve or deescalate these types of situations. They reach for the phone to call police or to videotape it. There were plenty of people in that classroom that restraining her would not have been difficult. Fucking cowards should be ashamed of themselves, and thankful that she didn't hurt anyone. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Yeah she's

tonyjeffers wrote:

Yeah she's got problems alright.  I've seen someone flip out like that on drugs. It's like once they start on that tangent they don't know what to do and can't stop. But you also get a good look at their dark side. I kinda feel sorry for her in a way. She's gonna have a hard time showing her face in public. In another way it's good to see someone that bitches and moans about racism showing their hypocrisy, but she was clearly not in control.

Racism will probably never go away, but I think black people in general don't help their cause by forcing political correctness to the rest of us to the point of ridiculous. They are just perpetuating it and sometimes it just seems that that's the way they want it.  Before you know it, the term African American won't be politically correct anymore. That kinda shit just feeds the flames and makes people hostile that would probably just stay neutral if they would just leave it alone. I wish everybody could just get over it already, but I might as well just shit in the other hand.

I didn't catch the jist of the "evolution phasing out black people" thing. I couldn't hear the professor's answer.  Surely he didn't just straight up say it that way. Cuz there were plenty of other black people in the class and surely he woulda had small riot on his hands.

Why is it that black people think it is wrong for white people to use the word nigger when they use it often enough on their own terms? Why is it ok to call white people cracker or honky or whitey when those terms are demeaning too.

I don't know of any black person or their parents who alive during the slavery period. It's silly to think that slavery is still an issue, but back twenty years ago there was talk about retribution for blacks when they were slaves. As if the government was going to pay them money for what their ancestors went through in the southern states.

Given me a break! 

There are plenty of social classes and races in the united states which had it just as difficult as the blacks.

oh - let's not forget that it was the blacks in south Africa who sold off blacks to the white people.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bum and Beyond

Yeah Bum I saw a special once where this dude traced his family tree and wanted to face the family of the people who sold his ancestors into slavery. Ended up being a Black princess.  He was speechless. She apologized for her families actions with a smile on her face. Then she asked if he was living in poverty and was there any thing she could do to help. Turns out he does quite well. She told them to point the camera outside at the people living in squalor and said "maybe things worked out for the best for your family in the long run and would he like to help out the starving people in the village?"  Later in the interview he was back home in good ole' USA and had a new perspective.

OF course slavery is wrong but I'm sure everybody's had some wrong done to their ancestors.  Fuck it. I want reparations from the christians for fucking my head up of all my ancestors and myself, and taking away years of my life that I can never get back.  I'd say a couple mil should suffice.

And Beyond- if she woulda been someone besides a black woman flying off the handle over something besides racism, I'm sure it woulda played out different. The black people there shoulda shut her up for sounding so crazy n stupid. I'm sure those white dudes were just enjoying the crazy show and letting her look bad for the black cause. They didn't wanna deny the world a good youtube show. And it seems to be in most peoples nature to jump on the sideline when shit goes down. that's why they teach women in rape preventiion classes to yell fire. I myself am one of those who jump right in and I must say it's gotten me in trouble before. If I woulda done anything to stop her I'm sure Id end up being the racist bad guy on youtube. But this was really a case of a mentally il person needing restraint. Had me and you detained her on the ground to keep her from hurting herself or anyone, we would probably be the racist bastards in the headlines and a nice lawsuit to boot. People suck!

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
tonyjeffers wrote:Yeah Bum I

tonyjeffers wrote:

Yeah Bum I saw a special once where this dude traced his family tree and wanted to face the family of the people who sold his ancestors into slavery. Ended up being a Black princess.  He was speechless. She apologized for her families actions with a smile on her face. Then she asked if he was living in poverty and was there any thing she could do to help. Turns out he does quite well. She told them to point the camera outside at the people living in squalor and said "maybe things worked out for the best for your family in the long run and would he like to help out the starving people in the village?"  Later in the interview he was back home in good ole' USA and had a new perspective.

Blacks are to blame for selling off blacks. They should be happy to be honest with you. Normally the blacks capture by enemy tribes were sacrificed each year to please their spirits. So if normal routine was to kill off the black tribe prisoners none of them would be around today. Just think about it. No OJ. No Bill Cosby. No Sharpton or Jackson.